Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Gurner FX 4.3  (Read 332419 times)

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
Re: My favourite FX New V3
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 06:33:55 AM »

looks nice :) i will test over weekend, i hope i will find nice addons to my own server mod pack which become over 1300mb of mods  ;)
Regards

Gurner

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:28 AM »

Uh-oh...  Last time you tested this Manysh, I had to make loads of changes!  LOL ;D

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:42 AM »

Don't worry ;) i will keep you busy ;)

Gurner

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 07:23:07 AM »

So true!

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Gurner

Well done mate, really well made package. i was wondering about a few things though.

1) Could you possibly add the flak burst effect from sankas mod, here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19849.0.html

with his permission of course. I would have a go myself, but i have no idea what classfiles and effects control it.

2) I like the fact the building fire smokes now go higher, but could they be a bit denser than they are now please? i feel the last ones were to dense, while these are not dense enough.

3) Could the smoke effects be visible from the same distance as the fires please? You should definately see the column of smoke earlier or at the same time as the fire.

Thanks mate, other than that really like them.

p.s still can't take to the heavy engine fire smoke though  ;), but at least i know how to do that thanks to you

cheers mate

slipper  :)

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »

I want that Ricochet!

Gurner

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »

Take it!

Slipper -

1)  I thought the plutonium flak was already in there.  I'll have a look at all the available flaks and appropriate the best one...  In the meantime all you need to do I believe is find the eff, mat and tga files relating to flak and paste them in.  I expect they're called something like "flak"!

2) you're hard to please!  I agree with you though, but it's a trade-off between thick smoke and fires dissappearing when there are lots on screen at once, which really spoils the immersion.  I'll fine tune the balance further for the next version.

3) I haven't noticed that you can see fire before smoke - I'll definitely look into this.

Thanks for your input!   ;D

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »

does it also ricochet off the planes? that would make a awesome effect on my movie

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 03:32:32 AM »

Gurner

Thanks mate, i know i can be a pain in the a**e  :) So thanks for taking a look.

Slipper -

1)  I thought the plutonium flak was already in there.  I'll have a look at all the available flaks and appropriate the best one...  In the meantime all you need to do I believe is find the eff, mat and tga files relating to flak and paste them in.  I expect they're called something like "flak"!

Not sure if i made myself clear on this point mate, i was not refering to the flak effect itself, but the in cockpit light effect you get when flak bursts nearby. Have a look at the link i posted and there is a video showing the effect, it really is very good for us nightfighting fans. i would have no idea at all where to look for this myself, and wether or not classfiles are involved.

Thanks again mate

regards

slipper  :)

Gurner

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 04:54:52 AM »

Sorry, wing pixy - only off the ground and water.

Slipper - Oh yeah, I know the effect you mean.  Shouldn't be too difficult to integrate it - I'll look into it for next version.  I don't often fly at night cos I can't see anything!

And no worries - It's good to get feedback  :)

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »

Thanks mate,

Appreciate it, CY6's brilliant Command and Control 2.0 has really made nightfighting a very enjoyable experience, combined with your effects of course  ;)

regards

slipper

Gurner

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »

Slipper - I  just flew at night (wasn't as dark as I remember!) And my cockpit lights up when flak explodes nearby.  Are you saying this doesn't happen when you play at night?  Can you check?

I've got some much improved building fire smokes now,  should be ready for upload soon...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 100   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 27 queries.