Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Gurner FX 4.3  (Read 332267 times)

Gurner

Re: My favourite FX V2, now with DBW non-ai version. Also HSFX for testing
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

Glad the thinner smoke worked, Slipper - I didn't have time to test it  ;D 
I'm looking into thinning out the building smoke at the moment as mentioned above, so you may prefer that.  I quite like seeing the bank of smoke above the fires though.
I'll look into getting the smoke higher but my priority is getting a lot of fires on screen at one time.  I want to be able to have large-scale devestation over large cities like London.  Not sure if lots of little columns of smoke would look right for that.

How do people feel about having the fires die out over time?

TICI

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

Keep the fire burning . Give more immersion to the game when action is in the area and guide you to target.
TICI

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »

Yeah i would also prefer the longer fires please.

As regards the smoke, i don't mind the bank of smoke myself, i just feel it should be a lot higher. I agree lots of columns of smoke would not look good.

What do you use to open the mat files to see what tga they use for the effects please? my mat files are given as shortcuts to microsoft access files, but they do not show anything? do not have the option to open them with anything else.

cheers

slipper

Gurner

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:19 AM »

You need notepad to open them.  I don't have microsoft access. 

If it says "Windows doesn't know what program to use to open this, do you want to use a program on your computer or search the internet for a program to open it"  use the option use a program on your pc and look for notepad.  If you don't have notepad it's an easy free download. 

If you don't get those options because microsoft access automatically opens the file you may have to change MA's file associations or uninstall it.

Once you get it open in notepad you will see the name of the tga/mat file it uses and lots of values for emit frequency, number of particles, emit speed etc which I don't fully understand yet but am learning by a process of trial and error!  These basically control how frequently the texture is produced and what happens to it afterwards.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:04 AM »

Thanks Uufflakke  :)   Nice pics!  I see you seem to have fire without smoke?  Or maybe it is just too soon after the bombs have gone off for the smoke to form. 
There is a folder that changes the font size. 

In the previous screenies I pressed PrintScreen right after the explosion. 
Fire does have smoke as you can see.

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

sacro1973

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:16:57 AM »

Excuse my ignorance and my bad English, but as I install this on my UP 3.0 RC4? ......can tell me the order and where to locate this file, thank you very much.

Gurner

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »

Sacro

Download the UP3 file
Extract it
Put it into your Jsgmemods folder which should be in your main game folder
Enable it using JSGME

Enjoy  8)

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 03:25:34 AM »

Gurner these are wonderful effects but I really would like use this mod smokes

http://files.mail.ru/0QJ0VZ

I can't get it work, when I put that mod files in correct folders in your mod I got only thin smoke when engine burning if I replace these nice explosions with another explosion textures smokes are fine. The problem is that I want use your explosion textures and other mods smokes so could you advise me to get effects what I like

I use DBW AI version

Gurner

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »

Hangman

You linked to RPS303 which has EXACTLY the same smoke as my mod pack.  My pack also contains the ricochets and propellors from rps303.  In fact I think the only thing in rps303 that my pack doesn't have is the Haken, but as you use DBW you don't need those anyway.

So, to get my explosions and improvements such as muzzle flashes and ground fires as well as the smoke from Rps303 you only have to download my mod pack for whatever version of IL-2 you use.  In this case DBW AI version.  You do not need to change ANYTHING!   ;D

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »

I got only very thin smoke when engine is burning as you can see what might cause that

Shame those Me-262s I had to shoot them down to get these pictures :'( :P

Gurner

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

They died for a good cause!

Maybe you have another mod that is interfering with this one?  The smoke in your pics is not the stock smoke either, so it must have come from somewhere.  The smoke you have there looks similar to plutonium or revolution or lp effects so do you have one of those in your game somewhere?  In fact if you look a few posts back Slipper is saying the smoke is too thick for him so i gave him smoke that looks just like the smoke in your pics!

You could try this:

Remove all mods from jsgmemods, and check your #DBW folder or any other mods folders in your main game install to see if there is another effects mod there.  If you find one remove it.

Then activate just gurner fx for ai and ai mod and try it again. 

I could post just the files for the thick smoke here for you but it seems like you must already have them.  Twice!

Let me know if you are successful

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »

This is the smoke what I meant

I done things for my own way (maybe the most difficult way :P) and get those smokes with your mod.

I don't know what are that smoke mod but the files in it are these

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 100   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 28 queries.