Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: VVS Hurricane Mk.XI Forward Observer/FAC v1.2  (Read 34857 times)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
Re: VVS Hurricane Mk. XI Forward Observer/FAC v1.0
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »

There will be a small update soon, with the window added to the aircraft plus some LOD fixes :)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »

Sorry to bother again about AI....can I know if in single player offline missions when the plane is used by enemy (and so managed by AI) can still call from his side artillery or neraby plane air strikes?

Ar wrote before atm I'm unable to install it but I think that could be useful to know this for mission building because , if it can be operated by AI and real player destroy it can save his friendly troops and disrupt incoming artillery strikes or planes....moreover making this plane a secondary or hidden objective into a mission can give more buliding fexibility....

Hope to be understandable....

All the best!

walter

Barkhorn

• I'm not a knight who say 'NI'...
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »

Sorry to bother again about AI....can I know if in single player offline missions when the plane is used by enemy (and so managed by AI) can still call from his side artillery or neraby plane air strikes?

Ar wrote before atm I'm unable to install it but I think that could be useful to know this for mission building because , if it can be operated by AI and real player destroy it can save his friendly troops and disrupt incoming artillery strikes or planes....moreover making this plane a secondary or hidden objective into a mission can give more buliding fexibility....

All the best!

walter

Since the marker is, actually, i "kind" of bomb, i think it would happen without any changes to plane or AI. I'll try it later :)

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »

Nice skin you have here, Mission_bug... is it a standard Hurricane one, or a special one ? In fact, do standard Hurricane skins fit this bird, or not ?

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »

Nice skin you have here, Mission_bug... is it a standard Hurricane one, or a special one ? In fact, do standard Hurricane skins fit this bird, or not ?

I've been using a bunch of Soviet marked Hurricane skins with the FAC and they all seem to fit very well ...

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »

All the best!

walter

Since the marker is, actually, i "kind" of bomb, i think it would happen without any changes to plane or AI. I'll try it later :)

Yes, you should be able to get AI to use it. I did some very quick testing in QMB and they were able to call in artillery. I *think* they also work as a FAC, but was unsure (amongst the heavy radio chatter).

dona

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »

Brilliant work! Thanks Anto.  :)

No cockpit for me, I'm afraid (ModAct 3.06); just the old two-tone horizon on mission start.

Same for me.

LuseKofte

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »

Exclusive Observer and forward Flight/Firecontrol, that is what make it so fun. With extra weight as the observer and MG a bomb load would ot be realistic

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »

Hello Gaston, the skin came from my Hurricane IIb folder which I made a copy of and re-named for the mod.  ;)

A quick check would suggest that most will fit, although in this image of the aircraft dressed up as Finnish war booty
there is a problem with mapping to the gun, probably more noticable here because of the colour. :(

The Soviet skin was from a rather gorgeous set of skins by Emel posted at M4T:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&file=details&id=5162

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »

All the best!

walter

Thanks for your help mate!

This future can open a huge possibility in mission building for East front because the air operation was essentialy tactical and flew at mid/low level....

All the best!

walter

Yes, you should be able to get AI to use it. I did some very quick testing in QMB and they were able to call in artillery. I *think* they also work as a FAC, but was unsure (amongst the heavy radio chatter).

This 'll be a great revolution about the AI interaction because instead of specific target for strike planes we can set them as CAP as waiting for FAC calls....if FAC 'll be shot down the next waypoint can be set to make them attack random target that , in the other cases , 'll be avoided due no suitable weapons left them....

A great GOOD WORK with the upcoming 4.11 IW related study!!

All the bes!

walter

GerritJ9

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »

I first decided not to d/l it as it is an Eastern front type, then changed my mind. Tried it in QMB on Slovakia and Smolensk maps, but no go- it only appears in external view and circles at constant height and speed, no reaction to control inputs. And yes, I do have the correct 4.10 DiffFM. Running Modact + 4.101m and latest buttons file. In cockpit view get a grey upper half of screen, ground lower half. Redownloaded and reinstalled, but nothing has changed. All lines added as per instructions to air.ini, plane.ru and weapons.ru.

leperemagloire

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

Thank's for this plane ;)
Bug reply:
In external vue apart rear gun color:ok

But from the rear gunner post:

-attachment of antenna wire on side of rudder,a part of the old subsist
-pb with structure rear fuselage
-patch of blue color appears :-[
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 27 queries.