Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: VVS Hurricane Mk.XI Forward Observer/FAC v1.2  (Read 29120 times)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
Re: VVS Hurricane Mk. XI Forward Observer/FAC v1.0
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 08:06:27 AM »

Glad you all like it. There was one feature which didn't end up including and that was the observation window below the rear gunner. As we don't have any real pictures showing it in detail, decided it was best not to include it.

BUT that is probably the reason why the rear gunner is scared (plus lack of seatbelt!) Too many positive Gs, through the window. Too many negative, he's flying out the top!

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »

Ahh, Wolfighter's pilots! Don't mind at all :)

Hawker17

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »

The Hurricane is in the air, but... what exactly do you mean by the bomb-key? Whatever key i assign i can't drop a marker.  :( Some help please?  :-\

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »

To be more specific, the key you press to drop bombs ;) You may see a little trail of smoke appear and then eventually a smoke marker will appear on the ground. About 10-20 seconds later, a message will appear on screen showing that the artillery are firing.

Barnesy: They sure do

Crazy: I recognised the lower window was there and indeed, never planned on a proper gunner position! At most, was going to hijack an existing bomb site and use that as the 'window view'

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »

The Hurricane is in the air, but... what exactly do you mean by the bomb-key? Whatever key i assign i can't drop a marker.  :( Some help please?  :-\

Whichever key you use to drop bombs with ... per default it is usually left alt+ space - pressed at the same time ... but if you use a joystick, you can configure a specific trigger to be used to drop bombs with ... or you can assign your own choice of key or keys in the game itself by accessing the Controls menu in the main game screen and then going to the weapons1 / weapons 2 .... keys and either noting which are assigned per default, or by assigning your own choice - this can be done by clicking on the open part of the line to the right ...

When you've got it set up, give the drop bomb command and then press F3 so you can see the smoke flares dropping behind you ... very nicely done effect ...

Hawker17

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

Thanks for the picture and explanation. I got weapon 4 on ALT SPACE. But when i press it inflight nothing happens. Other aircraft drop bombs when i press ALT SPACE.

So i guess something's not right here. I enabled the Hurricane through JSGME and i added the info to air.ini, weapons_ru & planes_ru in the #UP# sample folder. 

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »

Thanks for the picture and explanation. I got weapon 4 on ALT SPACE. But when i press it inflight nothing happens. Other aircraft drop bombs when i press ALT SPACE.

So i guess something's not right here. I enabled the Hurricane through JSGME and i added the info to air.ini, weapons_ru & planes_ru in the #UP# sample folder.

Oh yes, one more thing - when you choose this plane as your aircraft, in properties choose FAC as weapons type ... otherwise the plane won't be loaded with flares. If you choose the default weapons it will only have mg...

Hawker17

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

Oh yes, one more thing - when you choose this plane as your aircraft, in properties choose FAC as weapons type ... otherwise the plane won't be loaded with flares. If you choose the default weapons it will only have mg...

Mmhh, i can only choose none & default weapons, no FAC.  :-[

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »

Mmhh, i can only choose none & default weapons, no FAC.  :-[

Well, in that case you better reinstall the mod perhaps or ask the modder for more advice

Hawker17

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »

Well, in that case you better reinstall the mod perhaps or ask the modder for more advice

Yes, normally i use DBW and had no troubles with adding aircraft. I added the #UP# folder and put the STD (UP sample folder) in it and added the info.

Are there issues with this mod in UP3?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »

beauty! thanks Anto, and all involved! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Cranky.1

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »

Glad you all like it. There was one feature which didn't end up including and that was the observation window below the rear gunner. As we don't have any real pictures showing it in detail, decided it was best not to include it.

No need for such detailed photo... I don't think there was a plan of doing a fully detailled authentic gunner position?

With the photo it is clear what area the window covers. A hole with a frame is more than enough.

I would consider it in next update... if THAT was the reason.

Looking at this kit I say no glass. But looks open cut in photo too. Maybe easy to get in and out of plane e.g. bailing out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.