Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 Output to 1080p TV issues  (Read 1607 times)

TG484

IL-2 Output to 1080p TV issues
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

Yesterday I tried to play il-2 46 on my 42" lcd 1080p hdtv 60hz. I noticed though, that at times there were massive amounts of green flashing (kinda like static) speckles on my screen (there were also some black ones but there were far fewer).  They usually appeared mostly in my propeller as it was spinning, and on the sky and ground mostly the blue and green areas. They were all about a group of 4- 8 pixels, and they all were the same size. I tried switching between direct-X and OpenGL but it made no difference. I know that it is not my HDMI cord because I use the same cord with my xbox 360 and there is no problem. I was running the game at a resolution of 1024x768(I believe)x32 and medium detail. I did notice though that there was less static in a dusk mission with a pink sky.

My computer is a HP G65 Laptop with Intel Pentium T4500, 3GB ram, and my graphics chip is a "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family". I know my PC is not that great but I can usually run the game at medium details with no hiccups.

My question is how to I get rid of the colored static, like I said is appears on things that are moving especially in green and blue areas, and they mostly go away when I pause the game. I was wondering If it is happening either because my TV is not able to accurately process 1024x768 fast and it is a scaling error, or if it is because I am overloading my graphics chip. This only happens on my  TV screen, it has never  occurred on my PC screen.

And if it matters my Operating system is windows 7 home premium 64bit and my game version is 4.10.1 + DBW 1.6.

P.S.: I do see some static on my desktop screen but they are much smaller, they are about the size of  a single pixel.

Here is a screenshot of my active mods:

EDIT: Would changing windows to run at the same resolution as the game help at all?

tmtmac18

• F.N.G.
  • Respect, the Key to a Better World
Re: IL-2 Output to 1080p TV issues
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »

I had a problem like this with my XBox, but it turned out the TV was at fault, hopefully this is not the case with yours. Have you tried enabling the widescreen mod as well as going into your conf.ini and changing the resolution there? That may help :)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: IL-2 Output to 1080p TV issues
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »

I play IL-2 1946 by 1080p 40inch LCD TV well!

my conf.ini

[window]
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=0
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Backup your now conf.ini before editing it.
And editing conf.ini is some risky. Have your own risks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 28 queries.