Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: El Alamein - Egypt  (Read 35787 times)

viking4570

• Modder
Re: El Alamein - Egypt
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »

I noticed that in UP2.0, camouflage for this map is set to SUMMER.  I downloaded v1.3 here and checked the .ini files and seems you intended it to be set to DESERT.  The only way I found around this was to copy the "load_blank_plate.ini" file to \MODS\MAPMODS\maps\vkg_El_Alamein.  Now I have desert camouflage.  Do you know if this workaround will cause other problems?

Interesting.  Not sure why they would have done that.  To my knowledge, switching to my 1.3 load.ini should not cause any problems, provided the map loads OK  cheers -viking

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 04:07:43 AM »

The map in UP and HSFX is loaded with the load.ini and not load_blank_plate.ini or load_zaf.ini, so adding load_blank_plate.ini should change nothing.

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:34 AM »

The map in UP and HSFX is loaded with the load.ini and not load_blank_plate.ini or load_zaf.ini, so adding load_blank_plate.ini should change nothing.

So which version did they use? 

In any case, take the load_blank_plate.ini from my v.1.3 and rename to load.ini and put it in the path mods\mapmods\maps\vkg_el_alamein\ and it should then load.

BTW, I also note that they chose to exclude the bump files from both Crete and this map.

AKD

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 07:31:21 AM »

Yet it most certainly does.

So which version did they use? 

In any case, take the load_blank_plate.ini from my v.1.3 and rename to load.ini and put it in the path mods\mapmods\maps\vkg_el_alamein\ and it should then load.

BTW, I also note that they chose to exclude the bump files from both Crete and this map.

I actually tried that first and it didn't work.  I'll check again, however.

edit: reconfirmed.  Desert schemes only load with load_blank_plate.ini, even though all.ini has load.ini listed for the map.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »

@viking and MTO lovers:
I just re-d/l vkg_El_Alamein_v1.3.zip from the first page of the present thread and found that there is still the bug which was reported by viking in October on AAA,
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21267&highlight=alamein
namely :

"OK - step by step:
Open the following file in notepad:
\MODS\Mapmods\maps\vkg_El_Alamein\load_blank_plate.ini
scroll down to the line:
Wood0 = land/summer/MTO_Lowland_3.tga,2
and edit it to look like this:
Wood0 = land/summer/MTO_Lowland_3_Fields.tga,2
Save and exit.
The map should load fine then.
cheers, -viking"

After removing this bug, the map loads OK  both in FMB and QMBProPal of my 4.09+SASmodact installation of the game.
Hope this note should be of some use to anybody here.

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »

Thanks Uzin for bumping this.  Yes indeed this is the result of TD changing the name of the texture in 4.09 final from the beta - I suppose I should fix it in the download  :-[  ::)

redbear

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 12:49:35 PM »

What version of the game are you installing the map into?  Hit shift-tab and let me know the error message you receive, all the way at the bottom. -viking

sorry  for delay i am away from home.... the version of the game is 4.09m with the last buttons i will check the error message today and will tell you tomorrow but i thinki i need some extra textures

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

sorry  for delay i am away from home.... the version of the game is 4.09m with the last buttons i will check the error message today and will tell you tomorrow but i thinki i need some extra textures

see the fix reposted by Uzin two posts up and I bet that is your problem. -cheers viking

redbear

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »

see the fix reposted by Uzin two posts up and I bet that is your problem. -cheers viking

Got it  ;) Thanks!

Biltongbru

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »

Viking this is one of the most photo realistically IL-2 looking maps I have seen...great job and congratulations ;)

I want to use this map for some shots in my new Pattle movie aimed for TV broadcast....okay with you?

here some screen shots with bit of filtering, these look nearly like real war time photographs:

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »

Viking this is one of the most photo realistically IL-2 looking maps I have seen...great job and congratulations ;)

I want to use this map for some shots in my new Pattle movie aimed for TV broadcast....okay with you?

Thanks, I'm glad you like the map, and indeed feel free to use it as you please in your project.  Can you tell us more about it?

And the screenshots look great!

cheers - viking

Biltongbru

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:21 AM »

Thanks, I'm glad you like the map, and indeed feel free to use it as you please in your project.  Can you tell us more about it?

And the screenshots look great!

cheers - viking

Thanks!  the movie is a documentary regarding the 3 Top South African Aces : Pattle (Top Western Allies ace), Sailor Malan (BOB hero) and Chris le Roux. The movie will include reenactment ,IL-2 images and other footage.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 26 queries.