Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catahoulak9's Reticle pack somewhere?  (Read 2785 times)

AIRdomination

Catahoulak9's Reticle pack somewhere?
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:21 PM »

Does anyone know where I could still download Catahoulak9's reticles? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Thanks!

Catahoulak9

• Modder
Re: Catahoulak9's Reticle pack somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:47:46 AM »

Here you go AIRdomination:
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y0u3rynziwo

These are still up on the old AAS site in the WIP section. I have a few more here at SAS in the Cockpits section.

Some of the Japanese, Italian, and Russian reticles were incorporated in SFS files in the early packages.   

I don't know how accurate the footage is from the 1969 film The Battle of Britain, but these are similar (or as close as I could get) to those. I wish there was historical footage showing what a reticle really looked like in use.

AIRdomination

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »

Thanks man! And I tried some of the links here, and a few were dead. None the less, thank you very much!

SuperEtendard

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »

Hi Catahoulak9, i know this thread is 2 years old, but i saw you were still checking out the forum so i hope you see this post. I downloaded your reticle pack and noticed that the USN reticles are twice the size they should be, because the inner ring of the pack's reticles has a 100 mills arc , tested with the Yak-1B which has a 10 m lenght wingtip to wingtip, and the Yak was at 100 meters when the wings fitted in the inner ring, while actually it is the outer ring which has to be at 100 mills (like it states in same reticle).

I like your reticles, they are very good to see and gives me some feeling of "HD", while keeping the realistic modelling  ;)

My question is if there is a way I could lower their size so they fit the outer ring to be at 100 mills and how to do it,  or if I could (and how) just delete the part of the change of size at the mod and leave only the texture change.

Thank you  :)

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »

Howdy SuperEtendard. Changing the reticle size is relatively straightforward on these modded reticles. Just look for the Z_Z_RETICLE.msh file in the reticle folder you want to change. Open it with notepad or equivalent text editing program and go to the [Vertices_Frame0] section. These are the values that control the on screen size of the reticle tga image files. Lowering these values decreases the reticle size, increasing the values will increase the size of the reticle on the gunsight glass.

I believe this example is from my current F6F-3 reticle mod. 

[Vertices_Frame0]
1.400 1.400 0 0 0 1
-1.400 1.400 0 0 0 1
-1.400 -1.400 0 0 0 1
1.400 -1.400 0 0 0 1

If you want to reduce the size try changing it to something like this and see what onscreen size you get.

[Vertices_Frame0]
1.000 1.000 0 0 0 1
-1.000 1.000 0 0 0 1
-1.000 -1.000 0 0 0 1
1.000 -1.000 0 0 0 1

You will have to experiment a little to find the size you are looking for.

Good luck and please show us what you come up with.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.