Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Finland - Suomussalmi Map  (Read 40737 times)

kapteeni

• Modder
Re: Finland - Suomussalmi Map
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2013, 01:04:53 AM »

I have a strange problem with this map : first version I downloaded some times ago 8with only summer map) was working OK (I resized all tga's to 1024 as I do not use HiRez mod).

Today, I downloaded the new version, including Autumn and the 2 Winter maps. Also downloaded the _tex file, etc.

And I also get the java error, but ONLY on the Summer map. All the 3 others are working well, and I can save missions on them.

Precision : I also have Lapland and Sidi Ifni maps installed since time.
Try Shift+TAB while map is loading. You can find what files you are missing when the text appears.
I have meade this map with vanilla 1.71. No extra maps or mods.
If you can't save,  you are missing objects, if map does not open at all, you are missing textures.

BTW. I still can't understand what causes perfect trees to disappear..I'm pretty sure that it is our popup template. There might be a 3:rd party object that causes that.
But it is almost impossible to find out what, because we don't have a debugger. Or do we?
Shift+TAB didn't show anything...

I tested with empty map (no airfields, not objects at all) and  i copyed small village from other map and there was no problem.
I quess i need to do whole map from scratch...
Menwhile you had to play with either no Forest=3 treerows or use forest2 which means that in wintermap there will be  green birches or whatever that tree is.
As written before, other than that, map should work flawlesly

lkapteeni

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2013, 02:32:02 AM »

OK. Here is the deal. I did have a discussion with Agracier and here is what we are doing:
Since the map works OK other than that treerow object with forest=3, i will upload the map as it is now. It looks good even without those trees. It is just cosmetics.

I will upload map as it is after few days. I will check that all the textures are there and make new zip file with everything included.

After this map, Finland is pretty much covered what comws to WW2 areas of airfights. Only Finnish Archipelago With Åland is missing, but it was just a side show.
We have made a test map, Though (or Agracier actually). Didn't look too good due limitations of Il-2 engine
if someone want's it, i can send my files

It was my dream to have all The Finnish/USSR/German main areas of airwarfare done.. It is done..
I dunno. Feels pretty empty.
I sdtarted mapmaking at 2007 (IIRC)and it has been an adventure.
i hope that you guys have enjoyed our maps.

For me the Karelia map is the best of our maps ever.
It was a huge project. many people helped us while making it.
They are using it in Finnish Aviation Museum too, i've heard.

To be honest, most beautifull map ever made to IL-2 is Mixx Zapolares Northern Norway map, so far.

I will do new maps eventually.
Agracier is busy as a bee with new Pacific maps.
I might dig my old Palestine/israel and try something...
Stay tuned
kapteeni

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2013, 03:08:34 AM »

You have got to be kidding ... ha ha

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2013, 04:11:49 AM »

You have got to be kidding ... ha ha

Nope. The have Me-109 simulator and at least some point they did have modded version of IL-2. Truth is that i haven't seen it myself, So it is not 100% sure, but i got email about it..
According that, there were some Kareliamap misions or mission for that simulator. i have only seen 3 videos and it was with original Il-2.
I live only about 40 Km:s from Museum, but i never visited it..

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2013, 04:12:55 AM »

So... you know what to do this weekend : a 40 km ride to visit it ! Have lots of fun, man ! LOL

Edit : I think I have found what causes my problem : I forgot to resize one of the tga's... we will see after !

Re-edit : that was it ! working now perfectly ! THANKS !

Jami

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2013, 09:20:40 AM »

I visited Finnish Aviation Museum last summer and tried that Me109 simulator. I flew a mission over Vyborg shooting down some IL-2s and the map was ag_kt_Karelia for sure. I landed on Suur-Merijoki airfield and noticed that the map was the first version - not the newer one with airfields I tuned/made.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »

It was my dream to have all The Finnish/USSR/German main areas of airwarfare done.. It is done..
On no, you should feel proud, not empty!  ;D

Wow!  :o
again: be proud about it!

I might dig my old Palestine/israel and try something...Stay tuned
will do so.. and look forward to it  8)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »

I visited Finnish Aviation Museum last summer and tried that Me109 simulator. I flew a mission over Vyborg shooting down some IL-2s and the map was ag_kt_Karelia for sure. I landed on Suur-Merijoki airfield and noticed that the map was the first version - not the newer one with airfields I tuned/made.
OMG. I got goosebumbs all over me... That simulator must have been  someyhing else. And having one of our maps makes it even better!!!

You did excellent job with airfields. Pitty that it was the first version.

If you wanna make corrections to Suomussalmi, you are most welcome to do so!

That remainds me... I need to adjust my DCG campaigns so that they are for latest version.
Kapteeni

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

On no, you should feel proud, not empty!  ;D

Wow!  :o
again: be proud about it!

I might dig my old Palestine/israel and try something...Stay tuned
will do so.. and look forward to it  8)
:)
Kap

Jami

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »

You did excellent job with airfields. Pitty that it was the first version.
If you wanna make corrections to Suomussalmi, you are most welcome to do so!

Thanks Kap, I must admit that I have some plans...
But it'll take 3-4 months to get them realized - I let you know then.

- Jami

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2013, 06:54:20 AM »

I have good and bad news:
Here is the bad news...
Stumbled to a strengest problem. It seems that when choosing winter with iced lakes and sea, the ice is not working correctly. All the cars and planes just fall through the ice like it was "normal"water... It happens with BW 1.71. With all maps even stock FinnsGulf..
Is it only me or is this something DBW 1.71 related. I tried to adjust decline settings. Without any results.

With DBW 1.6 all the maps are working allright.

Good news is that Jami, who made also historical airfields and other corrections to Karelia map has also made same to Suomussalmi map.
I will upload new version ASAP. I also check íf i can make the friggin trees to appear with forest= 3.

Kapteeni

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Stumbled to a strengest problem. It seems that when choosing winter with iced lakes and sea, the ice is not working correctly. All the cars and planes just fall through the ice like it was "normal"water... It happens with BW 1.71. With all maps even stock FinnsGulf..
Is it only me or is this something DBW 1.71 related. I tried to adjust decline settings. Without any results.

With DBW 1.6 all the maps are working allright.

Kapteeni
I also have this bug in clean DBW 1.71 and in my heavily modded DBW with latest SAS Engine MOD. Looks like ice has been broken in core DBW classfiles since the release of 1.7, but it just wasn't spotted before. I'll report the bug to SAS Engine mod developers, so lets wait and see if they can fix it in next SAS Engine mod version.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.