Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116   Go Down

Author Topic: Project DGen_mod  (Read 360189 times)

Venator77

• Missioneer
Re: Project DGen_mod
« Reply #1368 on: October 24, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

For DGenMOD, no, you have to build them by hand. It's a time consuming process and play testing the campaign is nearly impossible, at least for me.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #1369 on: October 24, 2022, 10:29:26 PM »

Understood, and is there a campaign generator for BAT mods?

There are:

DGen for B.A.T
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61913.0.html

and

UberQuick Mission Generator (UQMG) for BAT
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65131.0.html
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #1370 on: October 25, 2022, 06:42:06 AM »

Thanks guys!

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #1371 on: October 25, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »

For DGenMOD, no, you have to build them by hand. It's a time consuming process and play testing the campaign is nearly impossible, at least for me.

That depends how advanced you make the campaign IMHO.

It takes much time testing and understanding DGenMOD and how to correct errors in the log file, and it can be quite frustrating at times.

The Polish campaign was my first DGenMOD campaign and it has is only one sub campaign, so it was a rather good one to get acquainted with DGenMOD campaign building.
It has only 10 campaigns in it, with a total of about 170 missions and I spent about 6 months testing and it would have been much longer without the kind help from Asura, answering all my questions. It's also essential to figure out a good way of doing the actual test work.

My next DGenMOD campaign is going to have several sub campaigns and will span over about 2 years, so that's going to be quite different.  :-X

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Venator77

• Missioneer
« Reply #1372 on: October 27, 2022, 02:13:06 PM »

My DGenMod campaign wasn't complicated, it's just that I had so much trouble trying to playtest that I decided to set the project aside until I felt like continuing it. No one seemed to be able to help me with my problem, maybe I should've had someone else playtest for me?

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #1373 on: October 28, 2022, 12:57:51 AM »

My DGenMod campaign wasn't complicated, it's just that I had so much trouble trying to playtest that I decided to set the project aside until I felt like continuing it. No one seemed to be able to help me with my problem, maybe I should've had someone else playtest for me?

From my personal experience is the test process a way of learning and understanding how DGenMOD works. When you have gained the knowledge and understanding, someone else can do the testing or the campaign can be release as a beta.

Making a "ordinary" DGen campaign where everything is randomly generated is easiest IMHO, but if you want the generator to pick for example the intended ground target at a specific place at a specific date and time, then it gets more complicated to get it right.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #1374 on: December 25, 2022, 01:51:41 AM »

Hi Asura!

I'm building the DAT files for my learning campaign....a WWI campaign as I'm also building the new WWi countries....

In this process , I noticed that in some DAT files the x y coordinates are listed as 19782.56;5614.33 while in others are listed without the decimals like 89745;58472....

I believe that the most precise info should be for AF and the less for TOWNS and ZONE....but considering that , when placed , a point reference object have always the decimals....I hope that is the same if I always use in the DAT files editing the decimals coordinates....

Am I right?

I plan to use decimals coordinates mainly because in my textual editing of the DAT files , this is a quicker option than deleting the deciamls....

Hi!

I'm not dead....still working on....

About my WIP:

DGen campaign: Done the entries for SOMME MAP (Towns , Bridges and Airfields) , reworked the map tga with an historical map and placed all the corresponding name in text section for the TOWN coordinates

New Nations: almost finished all ranks , awards , backgrounds and icons....slowly about names and portraits because I'm adding all historical aces....so I'm spending a lot of time in copy names and places of birth....

All DGen nations done with all files....finishing the minor nations (probably 'll be finished while beta testing)....beta test for volunteer testers 'll be available in time for the end of the year....if someone like to test please send ma a pm....

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1375 on: January 20, 2023, 06:41:11 AM »

Hi!

I restart to work on my WIP DGen campaigns....

I'm studying the creation of targets and clusters because actually I'm building the templates.....

I have find all information about targets except for constr....

From manual:

When forming each mission, the generator outputs to the DGenMOD.log file information on all types of targets
available for generating the current mission, indicating their number.

Axis: AF:31 HyB:10 Amp:0 Tnk:0 Art:4 Bdg:0 Carr:0 Car:8 Con:1 Dep:103 HQ:8 Prt:27 Ship:325 Sub:2 Rail:20 Sea:0
Land:0 Trn:6 Trp:212 Zone:0 Constr:0 Clust:374 Soft:388 Rocket:1

Which kind of composition or rules have them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1376 on: January 22, 2023, 03:04:04 AM »

These are special objects for the Battle of Normandy campaign. They are not used anywhere else.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1377 on: January 22, 2023, 03:05:27 AM »

Roger mate!

Thanks for your reply!

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1378 on: January 26, 2023, 08:03:52 AM »

Hi Asura!

I have update a bit my WWI DGen nations....I used a specific code for Greece , Romania and Bulgaria....

I'm experimenting about a possible merging of countries between your DGen game version at Aviaskin and BAT....actually I have only a minor conflict....but I think that this could be feasible....

Can you please take a look at my post here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,64867.msg764775.html#msg764775

Thanks in advance for your overlook at my work!

Kinst

« Reply #1379 on: February 03, 2023, 02:38:14 AM »

Hello Asura!
Tell me, will your Dgen-mod adapt to the latest version of the game 4.15.1 at the moment?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 27 queries.