Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects for 4.10 - HSFX5 - DBW - UP3 - v2  (Read 134389 times)

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects for 4.10 - HSFX5 - DBW - UP3
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »

Here is a new effect I've been working on: flak bursts illuminating the sky and your aircraft at night. Thanks to RooMan296 for the idea :)

What do you think about it?
:o Amazing !

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »

Here is a new effect I've been working on: flak bursts illuminating the sky and your aircraft at night. Thanks to RooMan296 for the idea :)

WOW!!!

Boelcke

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »

Hi, i have UP3 and i've downlaoded the file, but what exactly am i supposed to do, extract it to some folder named #UP#? if so cool, i don't have a #UP# folder however, should i just put it in the mods? please reply, new to modding il2

With your UP3 download, you should have a file called "UP sample folder". Unzip it into your main IL2 1946 directory. Then unzip this mod in your newly created #UP# folder.

stunning, looking forward to it, will add realy a lot of immersiom to the game

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »

Here is a new effect I've been working on: flak bursts illuminating the sky and your aircraft at night. Thanks to RooMan296 for the idea

Brilliant work sanka, really adds to the immersion. Another idea in this area would be if the searchlight 'cone' was much more visible and the effect of lighting up a plane was brighter. At present you can only see a plane caught in a searchlight if you are really close to it.

regards

slipper

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 05:21:31 AM »

very nice sanka :) One question. This effect is visible only at night ? or also in the late evening like 17:30 when in cokpit is dark ?

ElDimon

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 07:27:46 AM »

It will be a holiday! One of great mod of effects! Here that I think!
One thousand thanks RooMan296 for idea, one thousand thanks Sanka for everything that you do for us!
Forgive my English - machine translation.

sanka

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »

Brilliant work sanka, really adds to the immersion. Another idea in this area would be if the searchlight 'cone' was much more visible and the effect of lighting up a plane was brighter. At present you can only see a plane caught in a searchlight if you are really close to it.

I think this idea can be implemented quite easily.  ;)

very nice sanka :) One question. This effect is visible only at night ? or also in the late evening like 17:30 when in cokpit is dark ?

The effect appears as the sun gets near the horizon, in the evening and the early morning. It's very slight at first and increases gradually as the night gets darker. 8)
I had to code it this way because of the limitations of the IL2 graphics engine. If it had the same intensity regardless of the hour, the effect would have been much too bright in the evening and the morning.
I'll include this effect in the next update, along with fixes for the Mustang engine LODs.

so i made a folder in my il2 directory called #UP# and i put plutonium effects in and every time something explodes or catches fire, the game crashes, what have i done?

Are you using UP3 RC4 (latest UP3 version)? Also, make sure you have installed Plutonium mod for UP3 (4th link in the first post), and not any other version.
BTW, you have to keep the original folder structure, eg. #UP#/0_0_Plutonium_Universal_Max_Effects_V1

RooMan296

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »

I'm thrilled that the illuminating flak bursts is finally becoming a reality and Sanka is THE MAN for tackling it. But I know this idea has been floating around for some time. I pitched the idea to Checkyersix once and found out he had been tinkering with it all along.

I'm always amazed at the talent around here but Sanka's recent work with Plutonium and now the flak light gets my vote for this years IL2 MVP.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »

sanka,

I think this idea can be implemented quite easily.  ;)

Thanks alot mate, that would be brilliant  :)

Whilst i'm here do you think it may be possible to have a look at the building fires at some time? With a large ammount of buildings burning the fps really becomes a problem. I posted about it earlier, and santobr directed me to some files to change that may have helped, but unfortunately they still give a big fps hit.

Also i don't know if you are aware of some fps friendly effects steppenwolf is making for 4.09/UP 2.01 here?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19912.0.html

The videos look really good, maybe you two could collaborate on an effects package to lighten the load?

cheers mate

slipper

sanka

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »

Whilst i'm here do you think it may be possible to have a look at the building fires at some time? With a large ammount of buildings burning the fps really becomes a problem. I posted about it earlier, and santobr directed me to some files to change that may have helped, but unfortunately they still give a big fps hit.

The fps problems arise in huge scenes with a lot of fires and smokes. The problem lies not in the effects files themselves, which are fairly well optimized, but rather in the fact that these effects are persistent... I guess the only solution would be to replace the persistence of building fires with a time limit of, say, 1 minute (or maybe more? what do you think?) I can include this in an optional "FPS-friendly" mod.

Also i don't know if you are aware of some fps friendly effects steppenwolf is making for 4.09/UP 2.01 here?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19912.0.html

The videos look really good, maybe you two could collaborate on an effects package to lighten the load?

I looked at it and it seems the author didn't modify any java code. So it will easily combine with Plutonium without conflicts :)

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »

sanka,

Thanks for the reply mate.

My main interest is the Bomber Command v's Nachtjagd war, with CY6's excellent C&C 2.0 mod we can now have a fairly good representation of this in il-2. Ideally i would like to have some representation of a town/city under heavy bomber attack and on fire, but i do not know if this is possible with il-2 effects without a massive fps drop.

A time limit may be a solution ( 5 mins?), but the problem may be that you would never get that large attack feeling, as fires would keep dying out.

just off the top of my head what about a basic fire that looks good from a distance, but with no smoke attached (you would not notice at night anyway). Would that be fps friendly? it could be an option for night use only.

If not mate a time limit may be the only option.

thanks again sanka for a great mod, and for your reply.

regards

slipper

sanka

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »

OK I see what you mean. In that case a time limit isn't a good idea. I'll release a test version that removes smokes at night. I think that could do the trick.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.