Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects for 4.10 - HSFX5 - DBW - UP3 - v2  (Read 134412 times)

Ass Eagle

Re: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects for 4.10 - HSFX5 - DBW - UP3
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »

Sanka,

Once again thanks for taking the time to modify PUME files to be compatible with 4.10.1m. I am most happy with the results of it in DBW. I've now tested amost every map, situation, track, and all is very well! Again, thank-you!

sanka

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »

Sanka,

Once again thanks for taking the time to modify PUME files to be compatible with 4.10.1m. I am most happy with the results of it in DBW. I've now tested amost every map, situation, track, and all is very well! Again, thank-you!

No probs mate! Glad to see you finally got it working :)

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »

sanka,

a few years ago holygrail kindly combined his effects mod with Aed's to give more or less holygrails effects but with slightly more engine smoke in 4.09m.

The best way for you to see what i mean is to try it, so i have uploaded it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?svc350r1hfqi2uo

You will need to disable any other effects packages, and move the classfiles to get it to work in 4.101 (i use DBW 1.6).

I was wondering if you have the time, would you please be able to implement this in your updated effects please? even as just an option?

also i have reposted here a request i made in the other post

sanka,

Holygrail was working on a fluid fire mod for plutonium effects, which would give a better fps for larger fires and would spread with time, see link here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6631.msg155117.html#msg155117

and video here

do you think you may be able to include this in any update at all mate? would be great for bombing raids on factories and towns.

lastly, do you think in the future it may be possible to add an underbelly fire effect? holygrail and sani were working on one, see here

Thanks a lot mate for a brilliant update to this mod, this was the missing piece of the jigsaw for me for 4.101.

regards

slipper  :)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »

I think if you use the 3DO and effects folders from the fluid fire mod, it will work like that night raid video.
Because these effects are from the old Uranium mod, it's just the "eff" files from Uranium adapted to Plutonium, not related to class files.

santobr.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »

santobr

I think if you use the 3DO and effects folders from the fluid fire mod, it will work like that night raid video.
Because these effects are from the old Uranium mod, it's just the "eff" files from Uranium adapted to Plutonium, not related to class files.

you may possibly be right mate, but i do not have the 3DO and effects folders from the fluid fire mod, it was something holygrail and co were working on and never released. Also if you watch the video the effect spreads with time, we do not have that at the moment.

I also believe it is more fps friendly than the animated flames we have at the moment.

regards

slipper

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »

Yes, I know, the same effect from Uranium mod. :)

Just copy this folder from Uranium with the entire folder structure:
00_A_Uranium_Edition_New_Effects_V1_Bomb_Bay_Door_Compatible_November_26_2009\Effects\Explodes\Objects\House

Put the folder in your mod folder and make it to be read before the Plutonium puting a lot of zeros in the name of the folder:
00000_A_Uranium_Edition_New_Effects_V1_Bomb_Bay_Door_Compatible_November_26_2009

Uranium mod is here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2112.0.html

I hope this helps. :)

santobr.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »

Ok

Cheers mate, away from my gaming computer at the moment but will give it a try tomorrow.

Just checking though are you sure this fire effect spreads with time? I thought the fire effect in any of the so far released packages only acts on the destroyed building and does not spread?

Thanks again mate

slipper

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:45 AM »

Yes, the efect makes a fake spread, growing up and increasing the distance from each particle.
The fire have a duration of 128 seconds and will slowly disapear until reach 128 seconds.
The effect is almost perfect from distance, but not so good in a close camera.

santobr.

DD_BadAim

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »

Bloody fantastic Sanka! Thank you for your hard work, I've been waiting for this a very long time, and I'm loving it! P.S. Not a single install problem here!

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »

+1 Sanka. Great having these effects back.

Cheers - Redfox

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »

Why does this disable the Smaller Fonts mod - they get big again after installing this.

sanka

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

As it is, the mod doesn't seem to recognize the Effects/Explodes/Bullet/Land folder

Fly, the mod does recognize the "Fontain.eff" effect both for cannons and MGs, although for cannon impacts it adds a second effect, "Dustik.eff". To use your effects files instead of the default plutonium ones, just add 000 in front of your effects folder, it will be loaded before the plutonium effects.

Why does this disable the Smaller Fonts mod - they get big again after installing this.

I guess it is because of a class conflict.

sanka,

a few years ago holygrail kindly combined his effects mod with Aed's to give more or less holygrails effects but with slightly more engine smoke in 4.09m.

The best way for you to see what i mean is to try it, so i have uploaded it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?svc350r1hfqi2uo

You will need to disable any other effects packages, and move the classfiles to get it to work in 4.101 (i use DBW 1.6).

I was wondering if you have the time, would you please be able to implement this in your updated effects please? even as just an option?

Yes, I will look into it as soon as I get the time :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 27 queries.