Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125003 times)

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »

I'll take your word for it. Just trying to think of the ways that might be going wrong.

JapanCat

• JapanCat Blog's
« Reply #421 on: June 24, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »

Hi Pablo Thank you very much

It's strong in RED by my environment.
Can the color be adjusted?

ivomajic34

« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »

I downloaded this file and I put it in my UP folder, and game freezed in red and blue color..
Am I doing something wrong?

FS~Daedalus

« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2012, 06:04:44 AM »

Hello benitomuso,
let me first thank you for this wonderful mod! It is amazing, just like really sitting inside the cockpit!

At the moment I have two copies of IL2-1946, v4.10.1m + HSFX5.0.1 and v4.11.1m + HSFX6.0. I also use FreeTrackv2.2.

I downloaded the (latest?) version of your mod (v7RC) for both game-versions here: Stereo 3D v5 Final version Pack (TrackIR 6DOF, EcranWide & ScreenShots) (posted on April 15th 2012)
Your 3Dmod-v7RC-411 for game-version 4.11.1m enabled with the HSFX6.0-JSGME works like a charm!

The mod-version for 4.10.1m also works, but I can reproduce the game-freezes posted by Herra Tohtori:
With the FreeTrackv2.2 software not started or started but not tracking the mod works great and 6DOF with mouse-control works too. But as soon as I start tracking with the FreeTrack-software the game freezes. For testing purposes I started FreeTrack software but did not start tracking and started the game (v4.10.1m), then tabbed back to the desktop and opened the taskmanager to observe the game. As soon as I let FreeTrack start tracking IL2 immediately stops responding. I don't know if this also happens with TrackIR, but FreeTrackv2.2 definitely causes IL2 v4.10.1m + 3Dmod-v7RC-4101 to freeze.

The latest 3Dmod-version that works (for me) with IL2 v4.10.1m + HSFX5.0.1 + FreeTrackv2.2 is v6RC I downloaded here: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread) (posted on January 9th 2012)
I enable it with JSGME together with the il2fb.exe of the 6DOF-mod that comes with the HSFX5.0.1 modpack.

The 3Dmod v6RC for IL2 v4.10.1m works great and looks great, I am fine with this version of the mod until I finally switch to game-version 4.11.1m and the 3Dmod-v7RC-411 (which is a blast!).

Thank you very much for this fine mod!

Daedalus

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »

Daedalus,
                ok, this is a good comprehensive analysis of situation. I don't have and never used a 6DOF device, so I don't have any chance to test it or debug it.

My question: Does FreeTrack work OK with 4.11.1 game? The main difference here is that the 6DOF since patch 4.11 is implemented in the DT.dll file the Daidalos Team introduced to concentrate some core functions. I used that in the v7 of the 3D MOD to make it a stable base for 4.11 game but to leverage the 4.101 too and have less dispersion on MODs.

I need that confirmation: v4.11.1 of the game Ceteris Paribus (everything the same you tried before except the 3D MOD) works OK with FreeTrack?

If the answer is YES, I don't know what is the problem. That shouldn't happen, because I don't do anything strange but just reading what the DT.dll delivers.

If the answer is NO, I can figure that the problem is that you are using a il2fb.exe with the 6DOF activated and can be interfering with the DT.dll functions. If you use my TotalMODder or Storebror's selector, be positive to disable 6DOF support for the .exe, because AFAIK it should work just based on the DT.dll (this is what I think, again: I don't have any of those devices and never experienced it).

Regards,
                        Pablo

Hello benitomuso,
let me first thank you for this wonderful mod! It is amazing, just like really sitting inside the cockpit!

At the moment I have two copies of IL2-1946, v4.10.1m + HSFX5.0.1 and v4.11.1m + HSFX6.0. I also use FreeTrackv2.2.

I downloaded the (latest?) version of your mod (v7RC) for both game-versions here: Stereo 3D v5 Final version Pack (TrackIR 6DOF, EcranWide & ScreenShots) (posted on April 15th 2012)
Your 3Dmod-v7RC-411 for game-version 4.11.1m enabled with the HSFX6.0-JSGME works like a charm!

The mod-version for 4.10.1m also works, but I can reproduce the game-freezes posted by Herra Tohtori:
With the FreeTrackv2.2 software not started or started but not tracking the mod works great and 6DOF with mouse-control works too. But as soon as I start tracking with the FreeTrack-software the game freezes. For testing purposes I started FreeTrack software but did not start tracking and started the game (v4.10.1m), then tabbed back to the desktop and opened the taskmanager to observe the game. As soon as I let FreeTrack start tracking IL2 immediately stops responding. I don't know if this also happens with TrackIR, but FreeTrackv2.2 definitely causes IL2 v4.10.1m + 3Dmod-v7RC-4101 to freeze.

The latest 3Dmod-version that works (for me) with IL2 v4.10.1m + HSFX5.0.1 + FreeTrackv2.2 is v6RC I downloaded here: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread) (posted on January 9th 2012)
I enable it with JSGME together with the il2fb.exe of the 6DOF-mod that comes with the HSFX5.0.1 modpack.

The 3Dmod v6RC for IL2 v4.10.1m works great and looks great, I am fine with this version of the mod until I finally switch to game-version 4.11.1m and the 3Dmod-v7RC-411 (which is a blast!).

Thank you very much for this fine mod!

Daedalus

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »

I downloaded this file and I put it in my UP folder, and game freezed in red and blue color..
Am I doing something wrong?

Are we talking about UP3, right?

I never tried it specifically in UP3 but I think it should work. Have you read the readme? Have you placed it in first position of your MODs to be positive that other MODs like EcranWide or blablabla are not loading incompatible versions before (the ReadMe strongly talks about verifying this, not as a mere formality).

Regards,
                     Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:59 AM »

Hi Pablo Thank you very much

It's strong in RED by my environment.
Can the color be adjusted?

JapanCat,
                 we have discussed this subject in this thread, and I think there are some references in the ReadMe of the MOD. No "color balance" can be applied at game level without an FPS impact.

Since v6 you can determine the color of the filters, but always full complementary colors: blue / cyan, green / magenta, etc.

The only way to redefine the balance of your colors is to set it through your video card color options or with an external program as the historical Gapa-Gamma (search for it if you never tried it).

Regards,
                    Pablo

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

Daedalus,
                ok, this is a good comprehensive analysis of situation. I don't have and never used a 6DOF device, so I don't have any chance to test it or debug it.

My question: Does FreeTrack work OK with 4.11.1 game? The main difference here is that the 6DOF since patch 4.11 is implemented in the DT.dll file the Daidalos Team introduced to concentrate some core functions. I used that in the v7 of the 3D MOD to make it a stable base for 4.11 game but to leverage the 4.101 too and have less dispersion on MODs.

I need that confirmation: v4.11.1 of the game Ceteris Paribus (everything the same you tried before except the 3D MOD) works OK with FreeTrack?

4.11.1 + HSFX 6 + 3D MOD for 4.11 seems to work.

I flew several hours yesterday on a 4.11 multiplayer server with HSFX 6, the 3D mod didn't cause any crashes or anomalous behaviour. FreeTrack plays very nicely with the 3D mod.

Thus I would answer a tentative YES.

rammstein7033

« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »

Hello,
 i am verry unhappy.
IT doesnt work.
(Why itsallways me??)
I put the these lines in:

[Mods]
PAL3DSeparation = 1
Wright or?
And activate the mod by modenabler!?
Wright?
Directx is choose!?Done!
In flight ,left and right buttons of mouse click on and chose the mouse wheel
3d!?
Did this all but do not work!
Is theresomeone helping me??

Thank u!

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:40 AM »

You should run the game in OpenGL.

If it still doesn't work, then you need to look at how you have enabled the mod.

FS~Daedalus

« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2012, 05:19:23 AM »

Hello Pablo,

as far as I see do FreeTrack and 4.11.1m game work together without problems, no matter what mods are enabled.
Just to make it clear how I enabled the 3Dmods:

4.10.1m + 3Dmod_v6RC
: mod-Files + il2fb.exe from HSFX-6DOF-mod enabled with JSGME. Works great.

4.10.1m + 3Dmod_v7RC-4101: copied the DT.dll that comes with the mod into the game-folder and enabled the mod-files with JSGME without any other il2fb.exe or any other 6DOF-mod. The 6DOF-feature that comes to the 4.10.1m game with your (modified I guess) DT.dll and the 3Dmod itself work perfectly (mouse-controlled) as long as FreeTrack is not sending head-movements to the game. Interesting thing is that the game does not freeze even with tracking started as long as the webcam does not see the LEDs on my headset, but when I put on my headset and FreeTrack sends my actual head-position to IL2 the game freezes instantly.

4.11.1m + 3Dmod_v7RC-411: This mod-version no longer contains a DT.dll, so the stock .dll from TeamDaidalos remains untouched by me. I just enable your mod-files with JSGME, no other il2fb.exe or 6DOF-mod involved (for all the 6DOF-features are provided by the DT.dll).

Again, no matter if the 3Dmod_v7RC-411 is enabled or not, FreeTrack and 4.11.1m game work together flawlessly, its just the v7RC-4101 and 4.10.1m game causing freezes with FreeTrack started.

Daedalus

P.S.:
Just a heads up, the ReadMe.pdf of the 3Dmod_v7RC-411 still says that the current version is V3c, that confused me a bit first. Also the ReadMe does not contain a complete list of all the new entries that can/must be put into the [Mods]-section of the conf.ini.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #431 on: June 30, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »

Daedalus,

4.11.1 + HSFX 6 + 3D MOD for 4.11 seems to work.

I flew several hours yesterday on a 4.11 multiplayer server with HSFX 6, the 3D mod didn't cause any crashes or anomalous behaviour. FreeTrack plays very nicely with the 3D mod.

Thus I would answer a tentative YES.

Good to know that Herra. I assume here that it is with a non-6DOF il2fb.exe, right?

It would be quite clarifying to check what happens in you same installation if you use a 6DOF il2fb.exe. If it starts to have problems, it is absolutely clear.

Daedalus,

the DT.dll i packed with the v4.101 of the MOD is untouched, it is the last one for v4.111, just packed there because typical 4.10 users will not have that.

Somewhere I mentioned that the ReadMe is not updated. Yes. I have started to normalize the documentation but I couldn't finish it.

From the details you give, it still is not clear the next:

In the two last tests you mentioned, you say "no other il2fb.exe or 6DOF-mod involved". But it doesn't mean that your il2fb.exe (the last you used) was 6DOF free. Because if you don't touch anything else (no 6DOF MOD) but you keep always the same il2fb.exe which from an origin was 6DOF (apart of the MOD for 6DOF, the .exe used to need an activation too).

Then you must be POSITIVE that the il2fb.exe is not 6DOF. I mean: you have to overwrite it with one that certainly DOESN'T have the 6DOF function. If you use TotalMODder or Storebror's game selector, un-check those options and activate the game (so writting an .exe which is not 6DOF).

Regards,
                         Pablo

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.