Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 124787 times)

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

Hm.

Now that 4.11 has been released with internal 6DOF implementation, I wonder how it would be possible to get this mod working with that...

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »

Herra,
              I made some experiments with the 4.11, basically trying to use its benefits in the 4.101, because for the while no 4.11 can compare to DBW. They have made some things really much more ordered and with a very reasonable approach this time. It would not be difficult to make stereo the 4.11 but to take profit of it in 4.101 there are some issues because they have implemented several features that have relationship with other classes that previously were not necessary to modify.

So, I'm working on that. I think that some 3D for Il-2 v4.1055 (half way) could be achieved.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

Herra,
              I made some experiments with the 4.11, basically trying to use its benefits in the 4.101, because for the while no 4.11 can compare to DBW. They have made some things really much more ordered and with a very reasonable approach this time. It would not be difficult to make stereo the 4.11 but to take profit of it in 4.101 there are some issues because they have implemented several features that have relationship with other classes that previously were not necessary to modify.

So, I'm working on that. I think that some 3D for Il-2 v4.1055 (half way) could be achieved.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Hello, good to hear from you. I haven't been doing any significant flying with 4.11 yet, I'm waiting for mods to catch up with it before I switch. I was just asking because obviously I would like to see a 3D mod for future versions of IL-2 as well as 4.101.

I've been using the 3D mod on 4.101. Stability is excellent, and I would say the mod is pretty much feature-complete. There is only one outstanding issue with it currently, and that is the turbulence magnification. Do you have any idea what could be causing it? Does it happen to everyone, or is it caused by some interaction with another mod component? And, most importantly - can it be fixed?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:14 AM »

Hm.

Now that 4.11 has been released with internal 6DOF implementation, I wonder how it would be possible to get this mod working with that...

Herra,
                here I have implemented what I told you.

Kumpel,
                sorry but I didn't have the chance of checking your version of the MOD for 4.11 but I was adapting my one.

What I'm posting here as RC previous to release version are the implementations of the MOD in the 4.11 structure (including internal 6DOF management, some improvements in the use of the views and the hooks, etc.).

Basically I took the original 4.11 stuff and I implemented the 3D MOD over there and later I made the required adaptation to make it work in 4.101. So now we have the next for both versions of the game:

-Full 3D as in previous versions
-Internal 6DOF support (using 4.11 classes and TD.dll that must be manually copied to 4.101)
-Internal mouse 6DOF in 4.11 / My own new version of mouse 6DOF for 4.101 using some methods of the 4.11 (works better than my previous 6DOF mouse with headshaking).
-No aparent problem with turbulences, etc, in any version.
-EcranWide integrated for 4.11 and 4.101 (no need for another MOD).
-For 4.101 adapted cockpit and hook classes that makes possible by just having this MOD installed to make compatible most of the native planes of 4.11.

Team Daidalos decided formally include a method to take ScreenShots in jpg in v4.11, but they made some mistakes in the way the files are saved, the naming creation has a couple of bugs. I cleaned those bugs but later I realized that the quality of the .jpgs taken by it were really poor for 3D ScreenShots, even in the highest quality. I still don't know clearly what is the reason, but some compression algorythms create a lot of color residual image that in the zone where a semi transparent object ends, instead of having a soft and normal transition as you see it in screen, it emphasizes the line by contrast, creating horrible results. So I implemented other method of saving .jpgs (the previous one used) and now it makes high quality snaps.

Please, let me know if you find any weird thing with these.

Regards,
                          Pablo

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2012, 05:00:50 AM »

Everything seems to work well with 4.10.1 version.

Very awesome, big thanks Pablo!

kumpel

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »

Good work, but how do you make 4.11 work with your included version of Config.class?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »

Everything seems to work well with 4.10.1 version.

Very awesome, big thanks Pablo!

You are welcome.

Good work, but how do you make 4.11 work with your included version of Config.class?

Kumpel, in the 4.11 version, the Config.class has the game data corresponding to the 4.11. It is basically the only difference between the MODs for the two versions. If there wasn't that problem the same MOD would be usable for both versions.

Regards,
                   Pablo

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »

Now I have the 6DOF from 4.11 in my 4.101 installation! 8)

Thank you, Pablo! :D

santobr.

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

An interesting technical issue just seems to have popped up for me.

I could run the game perfectly after installing it initially. However, subsequent attempts at starting the game result in unresponsive game after loading; it shows the menu screen but cursor does not work and I cannot switch focus into the game.

The game must then be shut down with the task manager.

log.lst shows the following at the end:

Code: [Select]
[16:24:55] java.lang.AbstractMethodError
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.MsgTrackIR.invokeListener(Unknown Source)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1191)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToArray(Message.java:1147)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1128)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Time.lo

Will continue testing to further determine the cause of problem.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »

An interesting technical issue just seems to have popped up for me.

I could run the game perfectly after installing it initially. However, subsequent attempts at starting the game result in unresponsive game after loading; it shows the menu screen but cursor does not work and I cannot switch focus into the game.

The game must then be shut down with the task manager.

log.lst shows the following at the end:

Code: [Select]
[16:24:55] java.lang.AbstractMethodError
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.MsgTrackIR.invokeListener(Unknown Source)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1191)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToArray(Message.java:1147)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1128)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
[16:24:55] at com.maddox.rts.Time.lo

Will continue testing to further determine the cause of problem.

Herra,
              I haven't seen any of that. It is true that I don't have a real TrackIR so I don't know what could be happening, but as far as I know the Message class wasn't modified in 4.11 (I have to confirm this).

Have you copied the DT.dll to the root of your game, haven't you? Because if not something like that could be expected.

Kumpel told me something that is true, that in the previous version I published, there is a setting of the locale for the game that could lead to problems. I used the pure extracted class of 4.11 and in my few 4.11 tests the MOD worked like this, but to make it more universal, now I repost it converted to the "RU" version.

I have introduced a couple of bug corrections that mainly manage the Mouse6DOF in a better way. Now it has been established like these defaults:

PAL3DMouse6DOF=1 (1 or 2, only concer to Mouse6DOF, TrackIR should work always)
PAL3D6DOFAutoReset=1   (Normal 4.11 game behavior, AutoReset point of view on re-entering cockpit)

And now the Modes 1 and 2 are like these (mainly to make them consistent with the zoom (far / near) that the game produces by default when in external view.

Mode 1 (former "Normal Mouse"):
    -Normal mouse movement: head rotation
    -Left Button mouse movement: Z (zoom in / out)
    -Right Button mouse movement: XY  (horizontal / vertical)
    -Center Button: reset

Mode 2 (former "XY Mouse"):
    -Normal mouse movement: XY  (horizontal / vertical)
    -Left Button mouse movement: Z (zoom in / out)
    -Right Button mouse movement: head rotation
    -Center Button: reset

Regards,
                        Pablo

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »

-Yes, I do have DT.dll in root directory, otherwise the game wouldn't even load with this mod as far as I can tell.

-Cause of problem is definitely TrackIR being present, or in my case FreeTrack.

-Problem can be reproduced by having FreeTrack program open, enabled with TrackIR input mode, and tracking.

-When FreeTrack is not open, or not tracking, or TrackIR input mode disabled, the 3D Mod works with 6DOF Mouse as it normally should.

I do not know whether TrackIR will produce the same error, but it would be good to check. I would expect the same problem to occur with TrackIR as well, though, since IL-2 game doesn't really know the difference between the two software, as far as I know, right?

I don't know what to make of this all, but I have a vague feeling it might be that the 6DOF Mouse might be making the game confused about what head tracking input it should be following.

What is even strange is that I had a good clean run the first time I installed this version of the mod - the problems begun only after shutting down the game after that initial, successful run, so maybe there are some temporary files being created that cause subsequent runs to crash, for who knows what reason.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »

Mmm... no. Believe me that the way I implemented now the mouse 6DOF is so clean and pure that nothing can interfere with the TrackIR function.

I will check the support methods of rts.Message to check if something has changed there. It seems to be something that depends on communication with the input device.

Regards,
                     Pablo
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 27 queries.