Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125007 times)

shardana

Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)
« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »

Pablo as I too use a 4.09 install, are your modifications for strabism available on old versions of mod? or do I have to use 4.10? thanks mate!

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #373 on: December 25, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

Obrigado Santo,
                           but I don't suggest you to be like me.

Regarding the other question, that I see I haven't anwered you before:

-Basically other "pure color" anaglyph can be implemented. And yes, it isn't so difficult to make it, a simple setting and adjustment of the colors used in code can do the trick.

Remember the characteristics of the different anaglyph combinations (taken from the excelent Wikipedia article):

As you can see there (read the descriptions to the right which are the most relevant part), most of the traditional combinations alternative to Red / Cyan deprive the image of the green, and flying over fields and in internal cockpits (both with a lot of contents of green), we are missing something relevant in Il-2. On the contrary the Red / Cyan has some limitation regarding rendering strong reds, as the consequence of hacing the red filter. But it is a good tradeoff for this game.

The only other combination that could be really useful for our game is Magenta / Cyan (read at the bottom). The glasses are not so easy to obtain but eventhough it can be an option. Perhaps in the future I will implement that.

Regarding color adjustment to better fit the tone of your filters. That isn't something to control from the game. The way my MOD works so fast and doesn't produce any extra load to the game (you keep your fps count or even increases it), is by filtering color components. Mid-tone filtering will require more time from the GPU and a poorer performance. So better matching of your glasses / monitor should be achieved through the typical gamma correction that most of the videocard utilities offer (ATI and nVIDIA provide such adjustment on their control panels). There are some very good external programs as Quick Gamma that I mentioned before (http://quickgamma.de/indexen.html).

Regards,
                           Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #374 on: December 25, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »

Pablo as I too use a 4.09 install, are your modifications for strabism available on old versions of mod? or do I have to use 4.10? thanks mate!

Ciao Shardana,
                             yes, in all the betas of the V6 of the MOD the convergence is available, but as you remember from the discussion a couple of pages before, there were some strange issues, most of them derived from a wrong assignment of eye channels I did in the past (not noticeable while we only managed Separation). Now in the last V6 RC (release candidate) I think that all those problems were corrected.

For the while I will say: try it, we don't know if Walter Solito's problem is general. Perhaps the V6RC work in 4.09m. I think that the only possible problem is checking and trying to initialize the Auxiliary Buffers.

Here I'm attaching again the V6RC. As usual I recommend: delete your previous 00_PAL-Stereo3D and copy fresh this new.

Regards,
                         Pablo

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »

I check better and I have the same unloading game issue starting from v.5 FINAL....last working 409 for me was v.5 RC.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2011, 04:10:48 AM »

Hi again!

To avoid issue with possible conflicting mods I test it also on a clean 409 SAS Mod Activator 2.3 installation with the same results that v5 RC is the last working on 409 as far as I have tested.

Anyway , since I see the latest Santobr 3d screenshoots https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19676.msg221595.html#msg221595 I can say that those are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT (natural colours feel , absence of remaining struts , deepth feeling and light eyes work) so I really HOPE AND PRAY Pablo to really think about give such great work available also for all 409 users....

All the best!

walter

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »

Hi again!

To avoid issue with possible conflicting mods I test it also on a clean 409 SAS Mod Activator 2.3 installation with the same results that v5 RC is the last working on 409 as far as I have tested.

Anyway , since I see the latest Santobr 3d screenshoots https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19676.msg221595.html#msg221595 I can say that those are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT (natural colours feel , absence of remaining struts , deepth feeling and light eyes work) so I really HOPE AND PRAY Pablo to really think about give such great work available also for all 409 users....

All the best!

walter

OK Walter,
                        let me see. The thing that by first time I modified in v5 final was including an initialization of the Accumulator and a couple of extra features of the OpenGL that the game doesn't do. I think that there is some difference between the class I used for it (a v4.101) and the 4.09, so that produces the crash. I will take a look later.

Santo, I have implemented the filter colors selection that will be available for the v6 Final Release. It will work with two settings that in default are like these:

[Mods]
PAL3DFilterLeft=R__
PAL3DFilterRight=_GB

Meaning that you are using Red (pure R) / Cyan (Green + Blue) anaglyph. It uses the standard order of RGB to refer Red / Green / Blue as the additive colors. It gives us the chance of selecting other kind of filters or eventually using two full images (PAL3DFilterLeft=RGB and PAL3DFilterRight=RGB) that can be rendered on special monitors or other 3D systems different from anaglyph (future).

Regards,
                           Pablo

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »

Thank you, Pablo! You are one of our Santa Claus. :D ;D

In the future, I will try the green/magenta or the magenta/cyan scheme.
The price of anaglyph glasses are cheap, we can test all of them. 8)

santobr.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »

Yes Santo.

Do you already have glasses of those types? If so I will send you a test version of the MOD because I don't have where to test it.

For future reference this typical diagram shows what primary colors to use:

Magenta / Cyan will be:

PAL3DFilterLeft=R_B
   PAL3DFilterRight=_GB

and Green / Magenta:

PAL3DFilterLeft=_G_
   PAL3DFilterRight=R_B

Regards,
                         Pablo

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

OK Walter,
                        let me see. The thing that by first time I modified in v5 final was including an initialization of the Accumulator and a couple of extra features of the OpenGL that the game doesn't do. I think that there is some difference between the class I used for it (a v4.101) and the 4.09, so that produces the crash. I will take a look later.
  Regards,
                           Pablo

My greatest thanks for it mate , you are always kind with all us!!!

All the best!

walter

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »

I don't have them yet, but I will buy them on internet. ;)
They will take some time to come.

santobr.

Sparviero

• Campaign Builder
  • http://sparviero1946.altervista.org/index.html
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2011, 03:08:41 AM »

I'm trying to use this interesting mod, but I have problem in installing it, becouse it seem do not start at all.

I've 4.10.1 with UP 3RC4, openGL setting. What I did is:
1. Copy the 00_PAL-Stereo3D in "jsgmemods" folder.
2. Disable all activated mods with JSGME application.
3. enabling  00_PAL-Stereo3D.

When I start a mission, no anaglyph image is show, any suggestion? Thanks!

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2011, 03:23:32 AM »

Forget about JSGME, just put in your #UP# folder. ;)

santobr.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 27 queries.