Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125005 times)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D: new v3b for test
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2011, 05:33:28 AM »

It is working on ModAct, but I can't make it work on DBW.
In ModAct  I can't fly from cockpit because the game looks like freezed, but when I change to external view I see that the game was running even when I wasn't seeing it running from cockpit.
If I decrease the "time compress" to 1/2 or 1/4, then the cockpit view unfreezes and runs perfect.
I don't have any glitches on sun or water.
If I disable the 3D effect in conf.ini, the game runs OK in external views, but in cockpit, the game looks like freezed as it was when 3D was enabled, but without the 3D effect.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 OpenGL 1280x720
atioglxx.dll 11.5

santobr.

X-Raptor

« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2011, 06:03:52 AM »

"...The new V3c will include independent memory and settings for the two situations..."  :) :) Thank for your efforts Pablo.. I really wait for this feature  as to "balance" between internal/external view 3D effect.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »

To me it's unplayable. There is 3d effect but it flickers so much (with about 10 Hz frequency while framerate is very high, over 50 FPS) that it's compleatly unplayable.

Version 2 of course didn't work to me. I have nVidia GeForce GT 240. Maybe it has sth to do with VideoSetupID value? I use 3, which value do you guys use?

Mati,
            V2 is "pseudo-stereo" and in fact doesn't work for everybody.

Regarding V3b and the soon to be release V3c, while I still work on a better approach to the internal frame synchronization:

-I verified that opposite to the comments made by Blumax (who have a very high fps rate from his CPU/GPU), the most convinient is setting the refresh rate of your monitor to the lowest value (usually 60Hz). Why? Because the flickering comes from the fact that your CPU/GPU cannot feed fast enough one frame that the next must be sent to the monitor. So the lower the refresh rate, the easier the Il-2 can reach it. If you set 75Hz instead of 60Hz, there are 15 extra possible causes of flickering by second.

-For V3c I have implemented settings for 3DStereo separation in Internal and External views, so we can have deeper sempsation of planes when we are out of the cockpit.

Regards,
                      Pablo

I already have 60 Hz refresh rate set... However I've just realised that I have vsync enebled, as framerate is always 60 fps... Maybe that's a reason? How to disable it (and even if it's not, how to disable it? Is there a conf.ini setting to change)?

EDIT: Menaged to disable it but it was even worse. With framerate of 120 FPS (twice the refresh rate of monitor) I got split screen with upper half red and lower blue :P. I guess it wasn't a good idea...

Any idea how to solve it? I can't set lower refresh rate then 60 Hz.

Also when observing water I noticed that half of it is red and half is blue.

sirrover

« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:35 AM »

I already have 60 Hz refresh rate set... However I've just realised that I have vsync enebled, as framerate is always 60 fps... Maybe that's a reason? How to disable it (and even if it's not, how to disable it? Is there a conf.ini setting to change)?

You may want to enter the settings for your graphic card and set the vsync off for the particular application or for all applications.
I have an Nvidia, and I usually use the so called nvidiainspector for this purpose. It allows to force vsync on or off for any individual application. Good luck

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »

"...The new V3c will include independent memory and settings for the two situations..."  :) :) Thank for your efforts Pablo.. I really wait for this feature  as to "balance" between internal/external view 3D effect.

Just posted in the first page.

Regards,
                        Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »

Just to report on personal experience. Installed the mod, (SAS 410.1 Mod Act 3.6) did not add any lines to my conf.ini, I have carsmaster's mod, refresh rate of my screen set at 60Hz. It works miracles! In external view, I get the feeling the plane is flying outside the screen! In internal, the 3D is more evident in some cockpits (MIg, Bf109) but it works overall. When I press right click on mouse and scrollwheel down, the mod desactivates as prescribed. I experience minor flickering, especially over water. This is truly great, it has even pulled the mrs in the game (first time ever!) Brilliant job, Pablo!  8) 8)
P.S. Should I add the lines in my conf.ini?

Good to hear that Cgagan.

Amazing that this MOD could be responsible of atracting women to the game!

Please, could you tell me what video card do you use and what's your fps when you see some flickering and when not?

It is not strictly necessary to add the lines to Conf.ini but if you found better values for separation (using the mouse), you can establish them for ever in the Conf.ini

Regards,

Pablo

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »

Confirmed, disabling the 6dof trackIR mod, the freezing in cockpit was gone.

Fantastic mod!!! 8)

I need a better video card. :)

Is there a chance of an option in conf.ini that we can change the colors for each eye.
Because I saw that there are other good combinations like green/magenta and magenta/cyan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image#Possible_color_schemes

Thank you very very much, this is the future of IL-2, we will jump inside the simulation!!! :D 8)

santobr.

LuseKofte

« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

On DBW  the game will not start at all Nvidia 460 GTX x 2 i7 2800 and open GL with the Mod in DBW folder. Deactivated 6dof trackIr
In HFSX 5.0 I got a lott of flikkering

X-Raptor

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »

Just posted in the first page.

Regards,
                        Pablo

Roger Pablo! ;) I go to test immediately..Thank you for your quick present!..

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »

Just a little question since I'm with the Track IR inseparable: is planned to adpat 3d for it too?

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2011, 02:53:39 PM »

I got it working, but need to adjust details lower...
Still flickerind sometimes. My GC is not the high end...only 50 FPS
But it works!
Kap

LuseKofte

« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

you can use TrackIr but only to turn the head, You have to disable the 6dof in jsgme.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.