Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125040 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D: v2 stable
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »

guys who are having problems with this, could you please provide as much info as possible about your rig, OS version, etc...
the more info we have, the easier it will be to find a common fault.
i'm using XP 32-bit, SP3, 19" CRT monitor, my Il2 for the testing was running around 35-40 FPS (normal for the map i was using) and the 3D works perfectly for me, using the cheapest pair of 3D goggles possible, simple cardboard/paper frame....
Pablo would have a better idea of what info is more relevant, so perhaps let him first say what info is more needed....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Tute

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »

OK, Here my specs:
Win 7 64bit, i7 Core @ 1.6, Ati Radeon HD 5960, 4 GB Ram, DBW pack.
Thanks.

PA_Willy

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »

Not working here either.

i7 2600K, 8Gb RAM, SLI GTX480, P67 Fatal1ty MB on W7 64bits. Nividia 280.36 driver.

2560*1600 resolution on LG 30".

My squads mates have the same problem. It's not working for us in DBW 1.6 nor HSFX 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

LuseKofte

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »

I can not see any difference either, DBW 1,6 FPS on 60 I put it on Modfolder than play

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »

Where is your 6DOF with shake? Is it included?
Do we need to disable 6DOF in JSGME?

santobr.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »

... yes there is a conflict with ecran wide, if I don't disable it then I get a fixed pic in cockpit view, and everything is OK in external view except in both cases I don't have a 3D effect, but I don't have 3D glasses yet (Pablo said we could try it without glasses)

System is XP Pro SP3, 27' screen in 1920x1080, GTX260 GC, 4gigs ram, Core2 Duo OC at 3.45 Ghz

shardana

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »

Shardana,
                       you made me think. Probably it is not possible for you to see pre-filmed stereoscopic material, because it was done once with some separation and parallax, but I think that I can make an eye independent adjustment that will give the strabistic community the chance of seeing it properly.

Let me finish the straight version and later I will go into it.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Well Ben, what can I say? this comunity is simply amazing!! if you can succeed in making me see 3d images it would be really something!!  I still remember when as a child my friends could not understand my difficulty in seeing those old 3d images which were in fashion years ago.... thanks!!

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »

I can't get this working... I already have nvidia 3D vision, so it is not a biggie.
Mod does not affect anything. Game looks like normal, but no 3d effect. Specs
Nividia 420  2 GIG RAM
Win 7 Home
Core i5
12 gig DDR3(?)
Maybe it is a Nvidia issue....?
I tested with several installations UP 2 DDW 1.6 and UP RC latest.....
OH and my screen is LG 3d something 23"

Rise of Flight looks cool with my comp and i wish that Pablo can fix this.
Would be great to see IL2 in real 3D too.
Kap
PS no stutterinc or flicking, but no real 3D either
kap

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »

I will back to my home after weekend, i will connect my computer (win7 gf4800 proc e-4800 4gb) to a 3D led TV with his 3d classes, i think this can help to work correct.
  I cant wait to finnish my weekend! Thank you again Benitomuso!!

gianluca

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »

... yes there is a conflict with ecran wide, if I don't disable it then I get a fixed pic in cockpit view, and everything is OK in external view except in both cases I don't have a 3D effect, but I don't have 3D glasses yet (Pablo said we could try it without glasses)

System is XP Pro SP3, 27' screen in 1920x1080, GTX260 GC, 4gigs ram, Core2 Duo OC at 3.45 Ghz

The same here only my GC is a GT 560ti (nevertheless ordered goggles from amazon!) I can also confirm trackir conflict as expected

LuseKofte

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »

ahh yes my ecran wide did not work , I renamed it and it worked and no go for this mod. I use Track ir So do not mind me I am stupid cannot read the topic  :-[

Avala

• Modder
Re: A new era is coming! Stereoscopic 3D: My first crude but working MOD
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »

No way Avala, it's a well known problem, in order to be able to see in 3d we need to have straight view in both eyes, just to appreciate deep sighting fully. I know that we can enjoy a different kind of 3d view that doesn't need glasses. hopefully in the future this system will be the standard one... beside I would take this opportunity to thank you for the great mods that you gave us! ciao

Thanks  :)

I have also tried that one with two pictures, one besides the other, and just get headache.

Shardana,
                       you made me think. Probably it is not possible for you to see pre-filmed stereoscopic material, because it was done once with some separation and parallax, but I think that I can make an eye independent adjustment that will give the strabistic community the chance of seeing it properly.

Let me finish the straight version and later I will go into it.

Regards,
                      Pablo

The problem with strabism is that eyes (or look) is not centered. (Which don't mean that people with crossed eyes have double vision  :D )

Anyway, if you succeed in that, I think that you can have it patented and get some money of it  :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 27 queries.