Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Early War Historic Single Missions Pack.  (Read 8578 times)

alotef

• Modder
The Early War Historic Single Missions Pack.
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:54:22 AM »

The Early War Historic Single Missions Pack.

Hey all,
I decided that I should give something back to the community that has given so much, and have thus decided to start posting up some of the missions I've made for the aircraft of early-on in WW2.

If you're anything like me and you don't have the time for campaigns or making your own Full Missions, this is the pack for you, my friend. :P
I found that I used to use the QMB a lot as I could not find the missions I wanted online, only lots and lots of campaigns. That was a year or two ago, back in the days of 4.08, so when my install went bust and I DLed 4.10 and DBW I saw it as the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the huge numbers of aircraft and maps available and start production of lots and lots of fun, historical and engaging missions. Each mission is complete from start-up to landing, and every airfield you take off from is detailed fully, along with realistic environments featuring epic tank battles, convoys of ships and some more things you'll have to keep your eyes open for.

As it is at the moment, I have about 15 missions for the following aircraft:
-JU 87 Stuka (Battle of Britain missions, soon to add Poland and France.)
-Bf 109 E (Battle of Britain and France, soon to add poland)
-Heinkel He-111 (Battle of Britain)
-Bf 110 (Battle of Britain, Poland, Battle of France.)
-Hawker Hurricane (Battle of France, Battle of Britain)
-Spitfire (Battle of France, Battle of Britain.)
-Blenheims (Battle of France, Battle of Britain.)

I'm planning on releasing the first pack featuring all these missions (Including training missions like Night-time takeoffs and turkey shoots) and then expanding on it until I have a full chronology of the war through single missions. Also to be included in the first mission pack are skins (With due credits, of course.), new menu music (High Quality) and some lovely new backgrounds.

Anyway, here are some screenshots to supplement your curiosity. (Please don't mind the terrible graphics, my computer is old and to make missions run smoother I've got it running on relatively low settings, but you get the idea. )
Hurricane takeoff.

Bit of a kerfuffle with a '110.

Cheeky spitfire take off.

Lots of turning Heinkels over Southampton.

Look carefully and you'll see a big raid off in the distance! (The poor image quality removes the effect somewhat, though. :/ Ah well.)

Clobbering a 111.

Heinkel: Clobbered. :P

Night training with the Bf-109.

Night trainig over Berlin with the '109.

Spiyfire in flames. Thanks, MG-FF! :P

The start of one helluva dogfight! BREAK EVERYWHERE!

Flying to meet some 109s over Dunkirk. On the beaches I've put thousands of little B.E.F men. No cups of, though. :/

Being bounced around a little bit in a '109.

A whole gruppen of 109s out to sweep the skies clean.

Takeoff en-masse.

Shooting down a Blenheim. (One of the many 'Turkey shoot' missions, designed to let you test aerial gunnery and tactics, in which you're set up right behind some poor hapless chap like this Blenheim.)

Finally, bit of a taxi out for takeoff with a Hurricane.

More to come later, as well as some sample missions if anyone's interested!
~S~
Mike.  :)
P.S I think I put this in the wrong section. :s Newbie error.
EDIT:
Here's something for you guys to enjoy.
A small demo featuring a historically inaccurate, yet very fun mission called "Houffalize Frei-Jagd." Also included is one of Canon's excellent '109 E3 skins.
I made this before I had the Westfront 40 map installed, so for this reason, yes, the invasion of France is taking place in Belgium.  Please forgive me; this will be re-made for the final release. :)
http://www.filedropper.com/ewmpdemo1
Kind regards,
Mike.

alotef

• Modder
Re: The Early War Historic Single Missions Pack.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:54 AM »

Also, an edited snapshot of a 109 E3 over Houffalize during the Battle of France.

LuseKofte

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:00 AM »

Bring them on mate, Thank you for your effort Missions are always welcomed here  :)

Hope you do not mind me moving it to a place where people can find it

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »

Thanks for the move, Le0ne. :)
I understand these may be a bit useless for those of you happy with campaigns, but they can be just the ticket if you want to re-live your favorite scene from 'Battle of Britain' or 'Dark Blue World'. :)

LuseKofte

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 04:37:56 AM »

The thing is, many are to impatient to play campaigns. And learning FMB and its potential will give you the path to give something new to the game. Making missions, QMBmissions or campaigns are contributions equal in my mind.
We need new people working on all matters of IL2 new blod and another point of view.
This is how the game renew itself and still going strong. Do not mind about what you think we do not want, put in what you want. And you will see that there are many other that want it too.

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:39:18 AM »

Thanks mate. :)
P.S, the reason I put this in the DBW section is because I made it all using DBW, so there may be compatibility issues with those not using it? :/

LuseKofte

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:41:50 AM »

Yes I was about to move it within the missionsdepartment in DBW , I had to make a choise. Just put a icon 410 in the releasetopic and write made in DBW. Most of the time all other packs can use them

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:32 AM »

Get a link up alotef - cant w8!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:21:27 AM »

Nice idea ! Just the type of things I would enjoy ! Can't wait to d/l but take all your time, no hurry ;) !

Sharkzz

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

~S~
 :) Wow, fantastic and looking very much to have a go.
~S~
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 03:44:31 AM »

Really to nice to see some interest, thanks guys. :)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »

Just what I needed! 8)
Thank you very much!

santobr.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.