Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Battle of Milne Bay Campaign loading problem  (Read 2917 times)

Grinseed

The Battle of Milne Bay Campaign loading problem
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »

Greetings all. I'll be brief as possible.

Il2 newby, bringing only experience from RB3d, CFS series and FE, loads up Il2 1946 and patches 4.o8, 4.o9 and 4.10.

Downloads missions from M4T and adds Newguinea missions for RAAF. Flies out of Singapore and New Guinea ok.

Then loads up Battle of Milne Bay, pointing the auto loader to Ubisoft/Il2 Sturmovik/1946 destination as advised.

Still no Battle of Milne Bay appears in Campaign list and still no starting mission from Townsville.

Uses uninstal to remove game, then manually loads The_Battle_of_Milne_Bay into RA folder in Campaign and individual aircraft and pilot graphics into relevant folders. Still no start from Townsville.

What is it I'm not doing right? or what is it I've missed?

Tia and Cheers
Grinseed

pierre1946

Re: The Battle of Milne Bay Campaign loading problem
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »

I never install with an installer
one doesn't know where what is installed....
I always unpack via installer in a dedicated map (Milne Bay forinstance) so I can see what's in the package and I install everything manually

there are 1 campaign pack (missions, paintschemes, uninstaller, 2jpg's and 2docs) plus 2x .pdf, 2x .doc and 2x .jpg

copy the missions-folder and the paintschemes-folder to the root [IL-2 Sturmovik 1946] and go flying....

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »

In the Campaign screen you did click on "New" to create a new campaign, then select Battle of Milne Bay from the drop down list?

Also I agree with the post above. Never use installers. Extract the contents to a temp folder and then cut and paste the missions folder and paintschemes folder into the game root folder. Save the other docs and stuff wherever you want.

I have this campaign installed. It works great.

Ashe

Grinseed

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »

Thanks gents for the replies.

You are quite right, pierre1946, and normally I manually load files like you do and for the same reasons, but as a Il2 noob I wasn't going to assume what was necessary and where it all should go.

However, asheshouse and yourself, have confirmed the two important files, and I have just completed the cut and paste as suggested.

Still no Battle of Milne Bay.

Unfortunately, Ashe, after clicking for a new campaign, only Singapore and New Guinea show on the dropdown list. Those campaigns work in other careers.

Seems I have more work to do. It has to be a simple problem. Thank you both for your advice.

Cheers Grinseed

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »

May not be working for these two reasons:
1.  Do not have the map.
2.  Do not have the plane(s).

What mods setup are you using?  UP3?  Modact?  Dark blue World?

You could try to open up the .mis file (mission files of the campaign) in Notepad.  At the top should see the name of the map that the campaign uses.  Then look in your Full Mission Builder to see if you have that particular map available.

Grinseed

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:04 AM »

I'm sorry CzechTexan, I've wasted your time. I found the solution.
It was as simple as my lack of experience navigating the menu pages.

I was expecting to find the Milne Bay line on the Dynamic Career Setup page under 'Operations'.
I should have been checking the 'Career' window, which is the dropdown list, that Ashe mentioned, on the previous page, Pilot Career.

Another newbie, another goof up  :)

Still, I have learned a little more about this new game from my mistake, having to look into the structure of the Mission folder etc. I've only loaded stock items for the time being, until I get more familiar with the game. As you guys would know I have a ways to go yet but I'm liking what I've seen so far. I got to fly into Milne Bay from Townsville today. Brilliant.

Thanks to you all for your advice.

Cheers Grinseed

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »

no problem at all.  Your so called "problem" had me curious so I had to respond haha!
Glad you got things going!  enjoy the flying!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 26 queries.