Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: South Vietnam colonial map final.  (Read 54177 times)

Blumax

Re: South Vietnam colonial map final.
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »

I might be wrong but I believe that some hangers have been raised slightly to prevent the floors from flickering at ground level which can be seen as you fly over them so to cure one problem by bringing the AddHeightLive / Dead option down to 0.0 may well lead to the problem of flickering floors again

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »

thanks Istvan, i know about the height entry options, but as these hangars are part of the map actors, i'm unsure exactly which objects they are in the static.
i'm sure i'll find them eventually, just need some time to go through it and check.
i hope the solution is that easy. :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2014, 01:19:10 AM »

well, i've had no luck with addheight static entries for the hangars, it seems to make no difference.
first off, this hangar, Hanger Type_J, has no addheight entries, so i doubt that what Blumax merntioned is applicable. it doesn't look like the height was modified.
be that as it may, changing addheight in the static entries to negative values makes no difference.
negative values do work, i've tried it before - but has no effect on these hangars.
it's a pity, they're huge hangars with doors open on both sides, but this problem is making it impossible to make use of them.
unless there's a fix, this campaign is being shelved, and a with it any future campaign using this map. areal pity, as it's an awesome map.
but if the bases can't be properly populated, there's just no point in trying to make a detailed campaign.

to recap - i lowered the height by 1 meter and the floor is no longer visible (underground), however, vehicles still seem unable to enter or leave the hangars, they just move around like bumper cars, back, forward, left, right, but seem unable to follow their waypoints.
atm this campaign seems an abortion, so i'm moving on to another map.
my issue is that these hangars should, in theory, suffer the same problem no matter the map, which in essence makes the hangar almost useless, unless for pure static displays.
is everyone okay with this, and just me who's not happy with it...? surely not...  ???

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2014, 04:14:30 AM »

Maybe the trouble is with hangar collision box?

If the moving vehicle is not entering majbe is due he collide with it....try to drive a plane inside or outside....hope you'll survive the test to get ahead to lesson 3....

;)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2014, 07:44:18 AM »

yes, walter, the vehicles are doing the same silly stuff as soon as they get to the hangar - instead of following the waypoints, they seem to get confused about going inside the hangar, and just start moving erratically in all sorts of direction, like drunken bumper cars.
if i start a vehicle in the hangar, it does the same thing, just bashes about aimlessly inside the hangar, unable to follow waypoints...
i've not seen this issue with most other hangars, and this upsets me, as these are really nice, big open hangars where i was hoping to create lots of activity.
as it stands, poor Da Nang airbase is going to be remain a very pretty ghost town... :(

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »

yes, walter, the vehicles are doing the same silly stuff as soon as they get to the hangar - instead of following the waypoints, they seem to get confused about going inside the hangar, and just start moving erratically in all sorts of direction, like drunken bumper cars.
if i start a vehicle in the hangar, it does the same thing, just bashes about aimlessly inside the hangar, unable to follow waypoints...
i've not seen this issue with most other hangars, and this upsets me, as these are really nice, big open hangars where i was hoping to create lots of activity.
as it stands, poor Da Nang airbase is going to be remain a very pretty ghost town... :(

Hello Eugene, sorry been a long time since I dropped in here for a look, I thought all issues with this and the 68 maps had been ironed out, obviously not. :-[

Generally things move erratically if there are objects placed on or near to any waypoints, how often have you watched aircraft land and dissapear because the
mission builder put eye candy on a taxi path, not as much of a issue in recent years as you are able to now see just where the taxi and parking spaces are
in the FMB when making your missions.

I will open up the map in the map builder and see if there is anything that seems out of place.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2015, 05:53:02 AM »

Hello again Eugene, ok I looked at Da Nang which is the base that you say is giving you trouble. ;)

Now this is the Colonial map thread and on this map Da Nang only has these closed hangers:

Further down the coast at Cam Rahn Bay there are open hangers and they work fine:

In.

Out.

Now it has been a long time since I did much with the map so I cannot guarantee they all work. :D

Now if I load up the 68 map at Da Nang I can replicate what you say, if a vehicle is placed inside it will mooch about back and forward
but not come out, also from outside will not go in. o_O

These hangers are Cannon objects and are set on a Cannon blank plate so essentially everything is flat, I tried in the map builder
just to make sure.

The blank plate is hidden when you view the map in game.

I do not know how the hanger was made but I summise the opening is purely visual, possibly like a window on a vehicle, so that
could be why you get the strange behaviour. :(

I did not put the 68 map together or build the objects so I am sorry I cannot help further.

Please just confirm if you will it was Da Nang, if not I will look at the problem again for you. ;)

Take care mate.

soulflyer

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »

@ Mission Bug: Please can you check if the DL for this map at M4T is REALLY the final version from May 2012. I download it today after reading all the post here and there[https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50659.0.html] and there [https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18990.0.html] and there is something strange.
The provided Readme is dated May 2012, but all the files inside the map are much older - the latest 13.10.2011.

So I don't know if the template update by Anatoli (November 2011) and the series of fix in December 2011 are really incorporated in this version at M4T. Please confirm

Thanks so much for your astonishing work!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2017, 04:15:36 AM »

Hello soulflyer, I sometimes forget to change the date on the readme being old and senile as I am.  :D

As far as I can remember what is at M4T is the map in its final stage so just use what is there and you are good to go. ;)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »

Malone , Whiskey Sierra ,

Could you post the files of the objects that you refer to on previous page ?

Kopfdorfer

<Gunny>

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »

Malone , Whiskey Sierra ,

Could you post the files of the objects that you refer to on previous page ?

Kopfdorfer

Please do as I can load the map but unable to save.......Thank You

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:26 PM »

the universal static ini checker is your best friend in such situations...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 26 queries.