Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch Beta 2 - v15866 - October 5, 2011  (Read 5568 times)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
Re: Patch Beta 2 - v15866 - October 5, 2011
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:01 AM »

From what I see and can reccommend, Windows 7 or a 64 bit system is a must, and also get a 1 Gb Graphics card with Direct X 10/11 support.
I also had a 512Mb card, but since upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti with 1Gb GDDR5 Ram, it supports Direct X 11, but I need Windows 7 for that anyway.
Also got 3.5Gb RAM, so our systems are pretty similiar, but your processor is better for CoD, being Dual core and more powerful than my Quad Core, since CoD doesn't support Hyperthreading or Multi-core machines yet/very well.

"3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%. "

Their main Priority, so with a new 1 GB Graphics card you should be able to run CoD nicely at 35-45 FPS in Combat with High/Medium settings on. I currently get 30+ FPS in a Battle over the channel, and I can fly smoothly. Eventually when we upgrade to Windows 7, which alot of games use features from DX 10/11 now we should be able to get even better than my estimates.  :) ;)

And like you I could easily run games like Crysis, Oblivion, Battlefield on high settings with my 512 Mb card. So from now on I'm less worried about Performance issues in CoD and more annoyed with all the bugs.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

I'll try to post the maddox.dll after work...in about 9 hours  :D
There is a thread over at simhq for the English maddox.dll's that might be worth checking out.

Borsch

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »

my specs(roughly)
AMD 5200+ DualCore CPU
Win XP 32-bit
4 GB RAM (using 3- XP limitation)
GTS 250 512MB graphics.
nothing special, but it runs RoF very nicely, for instance, and most modern games like Crysis 2, for instance, run super-smooth.
i downloaded the patches via torrent, seems to be the fastest way for me to get it done these days. local service/connections are up to crap.

I have C2D 2.66, 2gb RAM, gtx460 768mb, Win7 32bit - with everything on medium and grass,SAO - off, I get stable 60fps over undeveloped land/sea, 30fps over le Havre! This is with latest patch, before it was still playable but with many dips into low 20s/teens. Now it is playable period (performance wise :)). Apart from force feedback - my only joystick MSFF2 is way too stiff with no way to change FF.

RoF in Win7 runs worse than CloD, but about the same when I run RoF in winXP.

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »

as much as i'm trying to get into this great new sim, the patches have only served to somehow disable my joystick - no response at all with my X-52, although the throttle control works, none of the axes do.
i see much improvement with framerates, but without being able to fly any planes properly, there's just no point.
for me, this has been one continuous clusterfuck, so i guess i'll wait another year or so, and hopefully they will release a version that is already patched up to a workable level.
i have enough crap to deal with, to try and get this to work. i shall wait.
i am nothing, if not patient. lol.

Hi Malone,

Dinga posted this link which helped me to get my Saitek Cyborg Evo to function properly in Clod.
Hope it is helpful,

FW

There is a post over at Sim HQ that may help http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3438343/Joystick.html#Post3438343
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.