Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding new aircraft  (Read 2755 times)

wyatt022298

Adding new aircraft
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »

I recently downloaded a B-26B and extracted it to my #DBW folder and put it in the DBW air.ini and was wondering If i did something wrong that made it not appear in my aircraft list in-game. Thanks for any help  :)

Gumpy

• Modder
Re: Adding new aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »

Did you remember to uncheck the Enable mod files cache box before you added it?

wyatt022298

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »

Did you remember to uncheck the Enable mod files cache box before you added it?

I never had that checked in the first place, am I supposed to have it checked?

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »

No! if you didn't have it checked then the game should recognize the new plane,there must be something else wrong. Check your file structure,you should have these two folders in your DBW folder    and this added to your DBW air ini   B-26B         air.B_26B 1                          NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER

wyatt022298

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »

I wonder If I put it in the wrong air.ini because I like 3 different ones for different mods, and I just put it in my #DBW folder right, not like MODS or anything, right?

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

There is a STD folder in your DBW folder with a air ini file in it that's the one you added it to I hope.

wyatt022298

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »

I found out whats wrong, apparently the game doesnt like you renaming the air.ini to air DBW

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »

the game, and 99percent ogf the Programs never like renaming of core files...

David Prosser

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »

I recently downloaded a B-26B and extracted it to my #DBW folder and put it in the DBW air.ini and was wondering If i did something wrong that made it not appear in my aircraft list in-game. Thanks for any help  :)

[DJP] I added the Walrus, and the Trimotor, no probs.

cheers

David Prosser

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »

Note as a helpful tip:  When adding any new content to stock DBW, a good approach is to create jgme packs for various mod groups.  For example regarding aircraft, I did the following:

1)  create directory titled "#DBW_MOD_Aircraft"
2)  inside the new folder, create mirrored directory structure for stock DBW starting with #DBW (the model comes from the #DBW folder found within your il2 game directory).
3)  Since this is a Aircraft Mod group, you only need the ini and prop files specific to aircraft.  In this case:
STD/i18n/weapons_ru
STD/i18n/plane_ru
STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/Air.ini

I copy the stock DBW files for each of these (gathered from your stock DBW folder under root game and paste into this new jgme pack. 

4)  At this point, you have a jgme mod pack for aircraft and can add new entries as needed.  Rather than messing with your stock DBW ini and prop files, you edit these in the jgme pack and paste the modded aircraft files in here. For example, if you want the B26, paste the folder "B-26_V2.2" into your jgme pack under #DBW, and update the ini/prop files in the new jsgme folder as needed.

Once you have your new jgme pack created and populated, copy and paste it into the jsgmemods folder at root game.  From there, simply enable the new "#DBW_MOD_Aircraft" from within JSGME following any standard DBW mods.

Note, with this architecture, you can also add new "group" jsgme mod packs for other aspects of the game such as:
#DBW_MOD_Static
#DBW_MOD_Ships
#DBW_MOD_Maps
#DBW_MOD_Etc

Each pack starts with the default DBW related ini and prop files copied from stock DBW.  Then from there you can mod as needed while keeping your stock DBW clean. 

If you have errors, simply disable the given mod group you think caused the error and fix or simply keep disabled.

Once a new DBW pack comes out, you can update easily and cleanly since your mods are separate from stock DBW.

I have been running this way with many mods added to stock DBW, while maintaining a "clean" DBW for new updates.  Also, it makes it easy to manage mods that may get released into new versions of DBW, since you can easily remove them from your mod groups if/when they become stock.

All in all, keep stock DBW clean!

cya!

Wind

zack

• Ad Astra.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

Hello Guys,
How many new aircrafts may I install on DBW game?
At the moment I have 9, and after installing any new one - there is an error message (memory could not be "read") when trying to make screenshot.
I know there is something with Java limits, BUT - any chance to improve that thing in future DBW updates?

Thank You.

@-->Gumpy -"Enable mod files cache" is not active in my IL2 Selector...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 23 queries.