Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: B-36 Peacemaker  (Read 46439 times)

wyatt022298

Re: B-36 Peacemaker
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

No, the game can handle up to 8 engines and has been able so for quite a while ;)

Also B-36s didn`t have the 4 jet engines at first

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »

Just for the B-36 lovers, Far77 brought up a -1 T.O. for the H(III) here, which I took shamelessly to put it through OCR and optimize the PDF a bit.
You can find a fully searchable version of the 756 pages Flight Handbook of the B-36-H(III) now for download at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HOV7RKPH

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=B36445Sorted.zip&fileId=30096
hey guys I found this, but I have no clue what to do with it, so I thought I'd post it here

Schwieger

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »

This plane would be fun just for the cool looking cockpit.. never mind the rest of the plane lol

rockdoon

• Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #42
    • sandbar mitchell
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=B36445Sorted.zip&fileId=30096
hey guys I found this, but I have no clue what to do with it, so I thought I'd post it here

from the look of the link this is for FSX or some microsoft flight sim? if so it would be a pain from what I've heard to convert it to ill

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 05:55:24 PM »

Wow this is a cool plane!
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

lordish

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:04 PM »

Wow this is a cool plane!
That's a bit of an understatement.  This airplane can carry 4 Tallboys!  Or 2 Grand Slams! The B-36J's operational altitude was over 50,000 feet!  Each of the 6 piston engines, Pratt & Whitney's R-4360 had a 2 stage-two speed mechanical supercharger, AND two GE turbo superchargers.  Each engine produced just under 4,000 horsepower and 7500 lb/ft of torque with water injection for take off.  The flight engineer was responsible for the settings of all ten throttles, and it took both the pilot and co-pilot to provide enough hands to control the six piston engines for landing.

They have a perfect example at the Museum of the USAF, and the B-36 makes every other aircraft in that gigantic building look TINY---even the B-52D  I know.  I saw it.  It is a magnificent airplane, the epitomy of piston power.  It should be in IL-2. 

lordish

VF111Sundowner

• Virtual Ninja!
  • Why can't everything be Rocket Propelled!
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

They have a perfect example at the Museum of the USAF, and the B-36 makes every other aircraft in that gigantic building look TINY---even the B-52D  I know.  I saw it.  It is a magnificent airplane, the epitomy of piston power.

It almost doesn't look real. It kinda looks like an inflatable toy, with all the wrinkles from pressurization. And it is by far the largest aircraft there, reaching to all the edges of the hangar it resides in.

zdragon

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »

All i can think of when i hear anything about the B-36 is something i read a while ago.
"If all engines function normally at full power during the pre-takeoff warm-up, the lead flight engineer will sometimes say to the Aircraft Commander (AC), 'six turning and four burning.' Erratic reliability led to the wisecrack, 'two turning, two burning, two joking, and two smoking, with two engines not accounted for.'"

That being said i would still love to see this monster roaming the skies of this wonderful game (as long as im not the poor sap left to monitor those engines  :P ). Maps would have to be edited to allow this beast to taxi around the airfield.

VF111Sundowner

• Virtual Ninja!
  • Why can't everything be Rocket Propelled!
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:09 AM »

One of the few little known facts about the B-36,

She had single wheel main gear in the begining, but only 3 runways in America at the time could take the weight.

They also experimented with a rough field version.

until they setteled on the conventional version.

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »

Looks like the field landing gear is tank tracks  8)
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

lordish

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »

Looks like the field landing gear is tank tracks  8)

They were tank tracks, but like nearly everything else, they couldn't handle the weight.

So no grass runways but a more reasonable 10,000' paved.

lordish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.