Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: B-36 Peacemaker  (Read 46460 times)

Chaoic16

• Modder
Re: B-36 Peacemaker
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »

Whether IL-2 can hold 6 engines and 6 Contra-rotating propellers ?
For another big bomber

Yes they does, if you look at Spitfire Contra-rotating propeller at this link:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18022.0.html

And with our current situation with IL-2 1946 programming/modding, anything is possible!

:)

Chaoic out...

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 12:16:17 PM »

A private group is currently working on a B-52 that we should see with-in 6months or a year. There plan after that is a race P-51 (I think), and if a B-36 isn't done by then they will do it too.
where there hell did you find this out? ???

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

A private group is currently working on a B-52 that we should see with-in 6months or a year. There plan after that is a race P-51 (I think), and if a B-36 isn't done by then they will do it too.
where there hell did you find this out? ???

A squad member and very close friend of mine told me. He has also showed me the model and it is fairly advanced, espcailly since they have 3 or 4 people working on it, but doing different stuff

Far77

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »

You can always assign additional hotkeys for more engines. The issue is, this aircraft is soo bloody big that if someone started working on it now, we probably wouldn't see it in game for another 5 years ;)

I think that if even simplified AI version (a kind of franken)appears this would be a large progress.
A fighter pilot would be deeply involved in process of fast approaching B-36  due its numerous defensive guns shooting from upto ~1 mile distance (can't recall exact data).   So from such distances a fighter pilot hardly can see minor details... :)

Schwieger

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 05:55:02 AM »

You can always assign additional hotkeys for more engines. The issue is, this aircraft is soo bloody big that if someone started working on it now, we probably wouldn't see it in game for another 5 years ;)

I think that if even simplified AI version (a kind of franken)appears this would be a large progress.
A fighter pilot would be deeply involved in process of fast approaching B-36  due its numerous defensive guns shooting from upto ~1 mile distance (can't recall exact data).   So from such distances a fighter pilot hardly can see minor details... :)

I've been - and seen others - get nailed by B-24s and B-17s from mile away in stock...

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:53 AM »

Me too ! But I've also done this to the AI as a gunner myself...Of course not with the sniper headshot that AI did before the AI Mod...

I've been - and seen others - get nailed by B-24s and B-17s from mile away in stock...

Far77

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »

To be hit from B-17 a mile away is rather rare event.  But to be hit from B-36 a mile away should be rather common. 

By the way my impression is that the most "angry bomber" in the game is Pe-8. His gunners rarely "sleep", while for example B-17G often "sleep" despite having a lot of ammo and often don't shoot even at very close distance when probability of hit is close to 100%. (I admit that fighter's pilot can have other opinion, but my opinion is based on a lot of watching AI-against-AI). This is how currently gameplay logic ("brains") works.

Dangerousbuzz934

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »

As Col. King: great video Dangerousbuzz! For those as me who love this plane is veryu interesting.

Does anybody know where is that base with all frozen? Was it in Alaska or somewhere like that?

I hope someday we could be able to fly this plane in Il-2.

Thanks,
                  Pablo

Anthem

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »

As Col. King: great video Dangerousbuzz! For those as me who love this plane is veryu interesting.

Does anybody know where is that base with all frozen? Was it in Alaska or somewhere like that?

I hope someday we could be able to fly this plane in Il-2.

Thanks,
                  Pablo

Alaska is correct. Nice vid, there are two guys in the foreground in a scene at a "quad 50 AA", what the hell did they do to get that duty, slept with the general's daughter!?! (while stationed in Hawaii).

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »

Hollywood fiction, but very ilustrative, excellent and realistic sequence on how to put a monster in the air:

Regards,
                  Pablo

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »

Its actually outrageously big.... If you were to press the outside view button in il2 then youd still see only a fraction :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.