Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Friday September 2, 2011 Patch Info  (Read 3820 times)

Chaoic16

• Modder
Friday September 2, 2011 Patch Info
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »

Friday September 2, 2011 Patch Info (Sorry, Not Today)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25822

Quote from: luthier;330000
We were *this close*, but a last-minute bug found with the new online map (the largest of three) means we have to recompile and rebuild everything – and that means it’s not going to finish today. The bug, for the curios, entailed giant 1500-foot grass suddenly growing all around you at altitudes below 500 feet. Quite a sight to see actually. Almost sad we found it first.

So, barring more botanic discoveries, we’ll have it out no earlier than the end of the day Monday.

Some patch info. The size is 490 MB, 300 of that being the new sounds. The speech sounds are now out in the open by the way, so you can play with them old Il-2 style.

The colors are greatly improved. See attached screenshots.
The new plane-seat selection co-op interface is there, as well as a few more surprises (not the big one though).

Sorry folks, we really tried!

Chaoic out...

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
Re: Friday September 2, 2011 Patch Info
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »

Surprise, surprise...

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »

BoB goes jungle patch...

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:04:03 PM »

Well I belive mister Luthier does not have the easyest job on this planet. Patching up this game is not a hobby. And as I can see it not a very graceful job either. I have sendt some critisism about this game and in the forum people are getting more and more unpleasant. They use a tone over there that would have gotten them banned here. I feel a bit sorry for him.
Working hard for ungrateful customers isnt any fun :-\

PA_Willy

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »

Oh, come on... Ungrateful customers?

They sold us a unfinished game, plenty of bugs, later 7 years of development (supposedly), failing to fulfill all their promises (dynamic campaign, SLI support, multicore support, dynamic weather...)

We have a not finished product and they have got our money. Ungrateful?

Pfffffffffffffffffff.

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »

Well I belive mister Luthier does not have the easyest job on this planet. Patching up this game is not a hobby. And as I can see it not a very graceful job either. I have sendt some critisism about this game and in the forum people are getting more and more unpleasant. They use a tone over there that would have gotten them banned here. I feel a bit sorry for him.

The difference is that here we are graced by the generosity of the modding community that shares their own, private efforts to improve the game out of a sense of philanthropy. They are obliged to us in no way, and yet they continue to work in their spare time for our benefit. For that we should all be grateful.
Luthier, on the other hand, is OBLIGATED to fix a product he SOLD to us that was broken. If he was a local merchant I could sue him for the crap that he released. As soon as money changes hands your a** is owned. We dont owe him jack, he owes us a product that is as advertised at the time of sale. Period.

LuseKofte

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »

Put all of that aside, and get out a bit. I do not disagree with you, but come on. Are you guys not able to walk in another shoes. No matter the reason it is still not a very inspirational envirement to work in.
I have lived some rainy days and not all I have done has been to others benefit. I wold like to give the man a chance. 'because even though this is not enought he has in my mind hit a nerve and a way to make the best Sim ever. If this can be smoothen and buildt upon I am convinced this going to be great.
If we continue to spit on the man I belive we never ever going to get near a Sim like this again. It is obvious that this type of game is not the most popular in the planet and therefor not a thing developers too often catch up

And the price of this game, hell it is not enough to get drunk in Norway for that amount. And I have waisted far more money on other things to regret the money spent on this. And it most sertenly do not give me the right to not beeing polite about it

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »

Hey HEY EVERYONE... Just give it a time for them to improve and it shall be worth of our money.  There is no use in being extreme negative bout it because it doesn't help a DAMN THING.  DON'T WE want to see simulator being improved right?  In order to do that, we gotta to chill the HELL out and let thing roll by.  There is no use in constantly shooting down every news that get released here through time.  Besides unlike IL-2 1946, they have revealed information about SDK tools for aircraft, ship, and map which is also interesting news.  Of course we don't have SDK blah blah blah but again, like I said, there is no use in spitting on the faces on these people.  They have been showing the sign of improvement and we DON'T know what is going on in background for real.

I mean what if they were forced to release unfinished simulator due to publisher stomping around in Luthier's office demanding deadline or get fired?  There is countless things that could cause the reasons of why Luthier having to release unfinished work.  Besides he had to inherit unfinished work started by Oleg for these whole time while Luthier had 6 months to finish as much as possible when releasing IL-2 CLOD?  We really can't just assume everything and claim we know what is going on.  There is ALWAYS unanswered question and REALLY, are we being fair to them?  I know it is unfair that we get unfinished sim at first place, but look at bright side.  We are starting to see the sign of improvement of IL-2 CLOD and that is GOOD thing.

As long they keep showing the improvement especially with incoming mega patch, then that would be even better news.  We should stop thinking of "now" but start seeing the bigger picture. I KNOW THAT ONE OF YOU will want to spit on my face and tell me to shove it up, well that is your choices but I will stand on where I have learned through my life of experience. And that is if you wanna to stay negative, t hen that is YOUR choice to stay like that, I promise you one thing.  You will NEVER be happy if you are like that  until you start to see positive behind the negative and make best out of it.  Relax and start making best out of what you have and then  you will be happy somehow.  We gotta to count our blessing and keep looking for positive side of negative situation. 

It just get me so frustrated how each time I post news about IL-2 CLOD, and I get 'shot down' by intense negatives everywhere by several people from this community that sometime I almost felt like I am being chased by angry mob that would claim I am a witch in medieval era!

:P :D

Luthier, on the other hand, is OBLIGATED to fix a product he SOLD to us that was broken. If he was a local merchant I could sue him for the crap that he released.

About this, wouldn't it be much better if you find out why the heck he sold you broken product instead of suddenly jump off your conclusion on him and assume everything about him, hence starting suing his ass off?  What if he was forced to sell it when he doesn't want to and yet you still sue him which made his life a living  hell.  You could have became a terrible person if you had to make his life a living hell without realizing it when it wasn't his entirely fault?  And at the other hand, if he was actually dick for selling you broken product on purpose, of course you would have the right to sue him.  But the point is, it would have been much better off if we calm down, find out what caused something, especially what motivated something to happen before jumping conclusion on it.

Finally, do we REALLY have proof that Luthier had to inherit Oleg heavy burden while being slapped by publisher of IL-2 CLOD while Luthier had to carry so much burden where he would had to expect angry mobs of people while constantly keep trying his best to release series of patches to shift IL-2 CLOD from unfinished product into completed, finished product?  Do we also have proof that Luthier intend to release unfinished product on purpose? Unless we have either of that proof, we can't really assume just because we say so.  As long people assume and claim thing, they only end up being purely jackass for doing that.

How do I know? Simple, living with my own disability (Usher Syndrome Type 1D), I always, ALWAYS HAD TO meet people who would end up assuming thing about me  and mistreated me all the time through my life and I had to deal with it through my life.  I am seeing the SAME THING that these people who assume thing without proof or finding out what causes thing to happen in here in the same way, which is why I HAD to step in here and put end to this non-stop negative craps in here.  Yes it does feel frustrated that we paid for unfinished simulator, I am one of these who paid for this game.  BUT THINK ABOUT THIS:

We gave them money and Luthier (What if he was forced to release unfinished game due to publisher's demanding deadline) get funds to support them to improve the simulator so much further.  And in time when IL-2 CLOD is finally a vastly improved game, we would get rewarded in end?  That is very rewarding for us at end.  After looking through IL-2 CLOD itself and experiencing it for a while, it had to be one of intense, very complicated simulator when it come to develop a game.  I am becoming a game developer myself.  Like i said, Oleg spend many years of developing that sim then suddenly throw all of these work upon Luthier.  I can't assume how very complicated the engine in overwhelming number of programming codes look like since I haven't seen it yet.  There is too many unanswered question here but point is, what if they come out as one of best simulator out there in near future?  That would be most rewarding hence our money is not wasted yet.

So like I said calm down, chill back and keep an eye on progress of IL-2 CLOD being developed/evolved through time.  Thank you!

Chaoic out...

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »

Well Chaoic16, you are right.
I will admit that I have been one of those negative-nellies you speak of in regard to CoD. I apologize if my admittedly negative comments have caused you any stress. I have nothing against you at all, I am merely a spurned consumer.

Now with that said I choose to disagree with your assertions  :D
I hope you don't take it as being E-spit-upon!
Where our two points of view are different is that where you call for patience and understanding for the plight of luthier, or at least waiting to see if they are worthy of such regard, I feel no such obligation.
In my point of view the only person who is going to watch out for the well being of the consumer is the consumer. I have no duty, or desire, to take pity on poor luthier, or any other merchant.
If you bought a nice new V8 sports car from a dealer, then got home and found that it had the drivetrain from a 1976 Chevy Chevette would you go back and demand that it be replaced or your money returned, or would you say "Well, I know the salesman has been having troubles at home, and that hes in a sales slump, so maybe if I ask nicely I can wait for him to fix it of his own accord."

For that matter I do not see the survival of CoD to be that important. It is nothing special, and was obviously misconceived. If there is enough demand in the market for product X then the market will fill the demand.
The best secenario for us is that another company develops a flight sim to compete with CoD. Then let them compete for our dollars, and we will select the winner.

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »

CWMV,

I don't even consider your posts to be E-spitting.. You posted your posts in respectful and informative way.  I have read your posts through forum, which is why I have have no problem reading your posts.  Besides each of us will always have different views, its the abilities to debate anything in respectful way that is what matter.  I thank you for expressing your full view about this and it is totally cool.

;)

Chaoic out...

PA_Willy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »

I didn't like the sentence employed to define the situation: "Ungrateful customers".

That's all. I didn't type any word against Luthier before that.

I would like to watch you and your good words, buying second hand car (for example) only to discover you have been cheated and car is broken. Surely you won't look for positive things behind that, or reasons behind the cheater behaviour... Same with a house, computer, etc. You are the customer. You paid and you got your right to demand a finished product.

You want to support a unfinished project? Ok, it's fine for me too. BUT, Oleg/Luthier and distributor enterprise should have told us that game was a Beta version, a bugged product to improve and that they needed our money to finish it. Because if you sold me a defective product saying that works perfectly, you are cheating me to get my money.

LuseKofte

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 11:22:47 AM »

I didn't like the sentence employed to define the situation: "Ungrateful customers".

That's all. I didn't type any word against Luthier before that.

I would like to watch you and your good words, buying second hand car (for example) only to discover you have been cheated and car is broken. Surely you won't look for positive things behind that, or reasons behind the cheater behaviour... Same with a house, computer, etc. You are the customer. You paid and you got your right to demand a finished product.

You want to support a unfinished project? Ok, it's fine for me too. BUT, Oleg/Luthier and distributor enterprise should have told us that game was a Beta version, a bugged product to improve and that they needed our money to finish it. Because if you sold me a defective product saying that works perfectly, you are cheating me to get my money.

So my bad english set you on fire  ::) Too bad I could have found a better word but my english is limited. And I always count that in in this forum because this site has become hysterical big and international. Do not get upset by badly chosen words, only a fraction in this site got English as theyre first language , and this has started a lot of flaming in the past
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.