Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.2 (Build 120.15 - Aug 29th)  (Read 58765 times)

Gerson

Re: New MODding Tool: Total MODder V1.1
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 06:38:18 AM »

Hi Benito!
Is it safe to install your new tool?
I really just have to backup my Il2fb.exe?
Sorry to ask, but we all have been in trouble installing things that get so embeded in the game`s root
Anyway, it seems a very good improvement
Congratulations for your job!!
All the best!
Gerson

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »

Thank you people for your different congratulation messages!

Hi Benito!
Is it safe to install your new tool?
I really just have to backup my Il2fb.exe?
Sorry to ask, but we all have been in trouble installing things that get so embeded in the game`s root
Anyway, it seems a very good improvement
Congratulations for your job!!
All the best!
Gerson

Gerson,
               do you mean safe in which sense? The program itself (il2fbMODder.exe) is a small executable that only could eventually write the next:

-il2fb.exe changed to use new il2fbPAL.dll wrapper
-il2fbPAL.dll wrapper file itself
-il2fbMODder.ini the configuration file for the program (where it stores the profile and the information it needs to work)
-il2fb.mods to parse the contents of the MODding configuration you want for your program

The idea of backing up something that you overwrite is to have always the chance to go back if you don't like it or whatever. The program creates a back up by itself, but to be more confident I suggest you to back it up manually even.

After installation the only thing that Total MODder does is writting new versions of the il2fb.mods files (whenever you change your MOD profile), so I would say: it's quite safe because doesn't affect practically anything.

Regards,
                  Pablo

Gerson

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »

Thanks for your fast reply and for your patience
I asked that because we all have been trough problems after installing new modifications to the game
I trust your answer and will give it a try
Thanks a lot
All the best
Gerson

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »

Pablo,
First, thank you very much for this amazing tool. It seems that I have the same "french problem" than antagorn, pierre1946 and lebig. I'll find the way to make it work but I'm curious about the origin of this problem. I don't think it's AV related (I use Avast and Win7/64) and I've tried the original version and the manual installer on my DBW1.4 game without success, still searching...

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

I´m a little bit confused here, in my 1946 root folder there´s NO wrapper.dll at all!? What am I missing? The program worked earlier (last night) through the modact exe DBW mode! Does there have to be a wrapper? If so where is mine? One more Q; what does the message "..will work when program is registered" is this when I´ve donated or where do I register? (I don´t mind donating but there´s no explenation to this subject)
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 10:58:23 PM »

I´m a little bit confused here, in my 1946 root folder there´s NO wrapper.dll at all!? What am I missing? The program worked earlier (last night) through the modact exe DBW mode! Does there have to be a wrapper? If so where is mine? One more Q; what does the message "..will work when program is registered" is this when I´ve donated or where do I register? (I don´t mind donating but there´s no explenation to this subject)

Flying,
              if you never activated the game but with Storebror SAS Selector, yes, you will not have any wrapper.dll file in the root folder, because the real il2fb.exe and the wrapper are dynamically created by the activator il2fb.exe (which is not the real game executable).

Regarding your question, the last features added to the program in V1.1 of the Total MODder are half implemented (with all the basic functions active) in the program as is. As an incentive for they who want to donate something, I return an unlock key which enables these few features to it's whole extent, which for the while are:

-Tools / Configuration Files: in the registered version you can double click files there, drag and drop, etc., making it very easy to change the configuration of the game. In addition, the list of files present in this folder is greatly expanded (check page 2 of this post for the explanation).

-Tools / air.ini Wizard: The lists get unlocked and you are able to edit it. It still doesn't save the changes in V1.1, but in V1.2 this point will be fully implemented. (Registration will be active for all future versions of Total MODder).

-Tools / Special Folders: it allows to Add other name folders to the basic list of Files, MODs, #DBW, #UP# and documentation. You can add otheres, remove some of these and save the changes

-In registered version, from V1.2 the Configuration Files Report will show a list explaining where in the MODs structure are the different configuration files holded, pointing out differences with the ones you store at your Configuration Folder, giving you the chance of coyping one over the other, etc.

Regards,

Pablo

PD: if you want to read my explanation about the situation please take a look at the menu Help / Donate.

Flying H

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

THX for your explenation, nowafter some fiddeling around my game works. Your program is exitingly simple to use once I got the hang of it! One other thing  I find a little confusing is every tome I start the Totoal MODer it creates a new IL2fb.exe.BAK(x) with a new number (x) every  time, if I do a lot of testing I´ll end up with quite a few .exe.BAK in a while. Is this purpouseful or am I missing something essetial?
I´ll do some reading about donation in a while and THX again for your work for the community!!

Gerson

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »

Hi Benito
After doing a install just by dropping the Modder.exe in my game root folder and doing everything as the instructions says , after hitting the launch game button, I get the following message:" iL2fbPALdll has not be created to be executed under windows or has an error"
After checking the il2fbPALdll ( right clicking over it) created by the Modder.exe in the game folder, i found in the properties that it had 0 bite in it.
I did a manual install of your modder( dropping the Modder.exe , the il2fb.exe, and the il2fbPALdll) in the games root folder
I just need some explanations:
1. When you say "Be sure that you have the corresponding wrapper.dll for this program
(clicking the Right Button of the mouse in the properties it should say
that it is the one to work with Il-2 Total MODder)", where do I find this "wrapper" to right click over it?
2. I did everything as decribed in the installation instructions but when I Try to launch the game through the Modder screen, the game doesnt launch
Can you help me
All the best
Gerson

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »

Ger
Hi Benito
After doing a install just by dropping the Modder.exe in my game root folder and doing everything as the instructions says , after hitting the launch game button, I get the following message:" iL2fbPALdll has not be created to be executed under windows or has an error"
After checking the il2fbPALdll ( right clicking over it) created by the Modder.exe in the game folder, i found in the properties that it had 0 bite in it.
I did a manual install of your modder( dropping the Modder.exe , the il2fb.exe, and the il2fbPALdll) in the games root folder
I just need some explanations:
1. When you say "Be sure that you have the corresponding wrapper.dll for this program
(clicking the Right Button of the mouse in the properties it should say
that it is the one to work with Il-2 Total MODder)", where do I find this "wrapper" to right click over it?
2. I did everything as decribed in the installation instructions but when I Try to launch the game through the Modder screen, the game doesnt launch
Can you help me
All the best
Gerson

Gerson,
                 thank you for making me realize about that mistake.

To all: in the step 4 of the Step by Step there is an error, that I have ammended and will re-upload the corrected .rar. The Step 4 should be:

4. Be sure that you have the corresponding wrapper (il2fbPAL.dll file) for this program (clicking the Right Button of the mouse in the properties it should say that it is the one to work with Il-2 Total MODder).

By what you say Gerson, I'm assuming that after manual copying the il2fbPAL.dll you can run the program from outside but not from inside the MODder? There are not many factors that could affect that. Do you receive any kind of message? The program does basically the same that you perform when double clicking your Il-2 Sturmovik icon, so there shoudln't be any difference.

Do you use Bitdefender program? Have you checked the options suggested by Storebror in the previous pages?

Please provide more comprehensive data to give me the chance of understanding what could be going on.

Regards,
                   Pablo

Gerson

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

Thank you for your reply
When I perform a "auto" installation,i.e., drop the Modder.exe in the games root foder, I get the error message :" iL2fbPALdll has not be created to be executed under windows or has an error",  the il2PALdll created by the Modder .exe has 0 bits in it, and the game doesnt launch
When I perform a "manual" instalation, i. e., I copy the il2.exe, Modder.exe, and the il2PALdll, the game just refuses to launch from inside or outside the Modder, like the il2fb.exe created by the Modder doesnt work, but theres no error message.
I dont have Bitdefender
I do have Kaspersky antivirus installed but that doesnt seem to be the source of the problem
And yes I  checked the options suggested by Storebror in the previous pages.
When I go back to my old il2fb.exe , the game loads fine
Did I make my self more clear now?
Thanks for your help and congratulations for your hard work!
All the best
Gerson

Flying H

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

As of the IL2.exe, I had a shortcut for the exe in the activity panel and lo and behold that too was changed (the icon also) by your proggie BUT the game doesn´t launch from inside the modder! It does launch fram the shortcut though!
Now how to adapt the new 1.5 DBW into the modder? Needs some thinking here!?
Ed; just dropped the files and folders where they are supposed to be and went flying!!!
Heavy THX, Pablo

gianluca

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »

Hi Pablo and thks again for another wonder of yours! Before trying it (cannot until a week at least) I would like to ask a couple of questions if I dare...
Is it possible with this tool to make modifications inside a big mod pack? I mean, let's take Histomod but could be DBW, which comes as a whole: can I add there a single mod as a new AC or a new map? I guess I should deactivate the main mod, make the modifications and addictions I want, and then I sould reactivate it: is this the right way? (Main worries being the modified .ini or .ru files)
Assuming I have a heavily modded mapmods inside my actual MODS folder, how can I incorporate it first in the big mod pack (ok this I guess I know...) and later on have it loaded by your tool?
Thks for your attention anyway!
Best regards,
Gianluca
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.