Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Tails movie  (Read 28330 times)

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
Re: Red Tails movie
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »

Those photos are awesome!!!

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »

:o
Misleading Trailer, someone must be wrong here.  ;D

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »

Looks a little Hollywood, but still can't wait for this movie :)

By the way, did I just see a Me-262 outroll a P-51? Followed by a P-51 pulling off a scorpion manoeuvre?

w

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »

:o
Misleading Trailer, someone must be wrong here.  ;D

the trailer is the combat footage no one is wrong - see the trailer and you have seen the movie.

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

Talking about the film is fine, but please don't turn this into a thread about racism. Even though it existed then, and will be showed in the movie, it doesn't have to take over this topic.

@Anto- The Me262 didn't outroll the P51, the Me262 started rolling at least 1/2 second before, and the P51 snapped over and stayed right on his tail. The P51 doing a scorpion, I think it only looked like that because of the camera angle. I think that the trailer was cut right there and the guy was stalling, and came right down towards the Me262.

Well, I'll definately get this movie no matter what. I mean, how often do we get a WW2 flight movie these days?

Regards
Friction

RGA

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »

Well, this movie would be my Nr.1 movie for 2012, for following reasons:
- It's about aircrafts and WW II
- Perhaps no shitty twisted plot invented by some punk director, because the real story of the Red tails was already too good to be true.
- No love involved. Come on, how many legendary pilots were already turned into girl-chasers?
- Me-262. Never seen in any movies before.

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »

Talking about the film is fine, but please don't turn this into a thread about racism. Even though it existed then, and will be showed in the movie, it doesn't have to take over this topic.

@Anto- The Me262 didn't outroll the P51, the Me262 started rolling at least 1/2 second before, and the P51 snapped over and stayed right on his tail. The P51 doing a scorpion, I think it only looked like that because of the camera angle. I think that the trailer was cut right there and the guy was stalling, and came right down towards the Me262.

Well, I'll definately get this movie no matter what. I mean, how often do we get a WW2 flight movie these days?

Regards
Friction

Sorry you are right about that 262. Still a pretty bloody fast roll for it! Just wary of CGI movies about dogfights as they tend to over-exaggerate the physics, just a little bit. And well, it is a George Lucas project. As long as the directing is by someone else and he is left to the producing, should be a good movie. ;)

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »

Sorry you are right about that 262. Still a pretty bloody fast roll for it! Just wary of CGI movies about dogfights as they tend to over-exaggerate the physics, just a little bit. And well, it is a George Lucas project. As long as the directing is by someone else and he is left to the producing, should be a good movie. ;)

No problem man. Maybe you should look up George's phone number, call him and remind him to leave the damn Tie Fighters and Xwings out of this one.  :D Lucasarts helped do a WW2 arcade game on Xbox(if I remember right), and you could get Xwings and Ties as secret unlockables...  ???

Regards
Friction

Wolfighter

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 10:07:02 PM »

Secret Weapons Over Normandy

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »

this looks to be an updated take on the 1995 movie, Tuskegee Airmen, then.
hopefully the action scenes should be better than that one, most of the combat scenes were just old ww2 guncam clips, so no real nice combat scenes.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 12:57:50 AM »

No problem man. Maybe you should look up George's phone number, call him and remind him to leave the damn Tie Fighters and Xwings out of this one.  :D Lucasarts helped do a WW2 arcade game on Xbox(if I remember right), and you could get Xwings and Ties as secret unlockables...  ???

Regards
Friction

While your at it tell him that the 109's have the Totenkopf badge which was an SS division not a freakin Luftwaffe squadron.....

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 01:11:32 AM »

Wow... Maybe... Never mind.

How the hell can you mess up something lime that in a major movie for crying out loud...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.