Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135858 times)

Jiver67

• Modder
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »

Hi there - that's for sure, but I would like also install those awesome sounds on my modded v 4.09.
What kind of installation will be the best in that case?
Is it possible just to place everything in folder "Mods"?
Will it work at all?

Ah, I misunderstood what you were asking. Yes, If you download JTSM for Classic Mod, you can place the files in your MODS folder. The SAS Mod Activator version will not work from the MODS folder. Just copy the folder "Jiver's Total Sound Mod v2.0" into your MODS folder. You can delete the documentation folder as it is not needed.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »

Hi there - that's for sure, but I would like also install those awesome sounds on my modded v 4.09.
What kind of installation will be the best in that case?
Is it possible just to place everything in folder "Mods"?
Will it work at all?

Ah, I misunderstood what you were asking. Yes, If you download JTSM for Classic Mod, you can place the files in your MODS folder. The SAS Mod Activator version will not work from the MODS folder. Just copy the folder "Jiver's Total Sound Mod v2.0" into your MODS folder. You can delete the documentation folder as it is not needed.

Also, you will then need to select "Classic Mod Game" from the IL-2 Selector.

zack

• Ad Astra.
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 03:30:25 AM »

Thank You Jiver!
Everything works like a charm.
Btw - just noticed that I had Yours Total Sound Mod v 1.0 installed!
What are the main differences between v 1.0 and 2.0?

Thank You once again.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »

All the changes are listed in the main post. It is pretty hard to miss.   ;)

brat

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

Prop sounds in external view.
Jeez Jiver this mod is a masterpiece and I do not want to burst your bubble after soooo much work but I am really having a struggle with the constant prop drone in the sim predominantly with Merlin and Allison powered aircraft that I am familiar with having them at our local airfield over many yrs. The Centaurus (A Sea Fury we have recently had here as well) and the Napier Sabre (well....I have listened to Typhoon and Tempest video's) also exhibit a drone below 40% power that is also a little strange. R2800's are also effected with this drone but not all other aircraft to the same degree??
I am a WWII aviation enthusiast and have spent 40+ yrs around airfields and attending airshows being a display pilot myself for many of these yrs. 
I find this constant drone overpowers and detracts from the beautiful engine sounds when in external view. It reminds me of the old sound synthesized movies from the 60's Cringe!  Flyby remains amazingly good though.
The big question....Is there anyway that I can remove this prop noise in the SFS version I am using with DBW or....just a thought, is it possible to somehow install the non SFS version in DBW where you could perhaps make available a fix as you did for many of us in your earlier mod.
I am aware that it is impossible to please everyone though I truly believe we would have a better representation of these wonderful engine sounds without the prop noise. 

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »

brat,

I created a small update which removes propeller sounds for all planes in the game. I disabled both the propeller sounds and the fan sound. This was done by simply placing a ";" in front of the sample names in the preset fiiles. You can experiment with this yourself if you like. Anyway, to install the update, just decompress the following archive into your "DBW" folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/?nt9xqvquacne7lt

Cheers,

-Jiver67

brat

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »

Thank you jiver. I am an extremely happy man.

patrick james brian

• impressive...most impressive
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »

thank you!! thank you!! thank you!!

works great!!. no problems with installing it.
great en clear instructions.

thanks

mikejr

• Wordpress blog: Random ramblings about anything
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »

Hi all,

I am brand new to the modding scene and yesterday I installed the latest SAS modact on 4.10.1m and today I installed this pack and on first impressions it seems to have a fair few default sounds, such as landing gear, flaps and such. Should this be the case? I am confused because it does say these are supposed to be different.

What is most interesting is that on the engines I have tested at the high rpm ranges they seem to be mixed with the high rpm tones of the default sounds? I.e the DB601 over the default 'DB601' high rpm sound (i.e. that high speed lawnmower type sound). Is this supposed to be the case or not? I thought Jafa's sounds sounded exact when I last heard a sample.  :-\

Have I done something wrong?

Please let me know asap.

Many thanks in advance.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

Hi all,

I am brand new to the modding scene and yesterday I installed the latest SAS modact on 4.10.1m and today I installed this pack and on first impressions it seems to have a fair few default sounds, such as landing gear, flaps and such. Should this be the case? I am confused because it does say these are supposed to be different.

What is most interesting is that on the engines I have tested at the high rpm ranges they seem to be mixed with the high rpm tones of the default sounds? I.e the DB601 over the default 'DB601' high rpm sound (i.e. that high speed lawnmower type sound). Is this supposed to be the case or not? I thought Jafa's sounds sounded exact when I last heard a sample.  :-\

Have I done something wrong?

Please let me know asap.

Many thanks in advance.

Did you read the introduction I posted??? I stated in big, bold letters that I have used Jafa's engine sounds as the base sounds in my mod. Likewise, I also mentioned I have used "enhanced" mechanical sounds, not completely "new" sounds. The hydraulic flap and gear sounds were resampled and tweaked stock sounds, the electric flap sounds were mixed from a couple different stock sounds and adjusted for volume.

As to wether you have installed the mod correctly, if you are hearing all new gun and explosion sounds, all is good.

mikejr

• Wordpress blog: Random ramblings about anything
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 02:00:19 AM »

Ok, sorry. Not to worry, thought it was something I had done. Just wanted to make sure!  :)

Thanks,

Michael.

Rocco

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »

Yur sound pack brings the IL2 to another level

The dive sound are awesome. We can hear it far. Special pleasure in russians planes and bf-109 - really fantastic.
The mechanical sounds and bullet/shell hits are vry cool too.

But just one thing:

I could´t hear that:

"*External tire screech sound heard on landing (shorter and sharper now).
*Increased volume of internal landing sound heard on hard landing."

When i´m landing i have no sound.   :'(

Ty a lot for yur vry good job.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.