Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Command and Control Mod v 2.0 (C&C + randomizers)  (Read 39821 times)

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
Re: Command and Control Mod v 2.0 (C&C + randomizers)
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

Can I suggest something? Could you make GNR object spot incomming missiles too? Would be much helpful when playing JetWar missions on realistic settings.

EDIT: I found a small issue: On UP3 + DBW (not sure if it occurs at pure UP3, but it probably does) infantry is called by FAC as armor.

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 06:40:31 AM »

CY6, have a big request; is it possible to make the variables also function through the Conf.ini [mods] section? At least for vector/GCI?

Setting them in each mission can't be used for dynamically generated campaign missions, so only the defaults are valid.
This would be crucial for my BoB campaign mod, I'm using the vectors to direct RAF squadrons to incoming raids, but can neither stop them intercepting fighter sweeps nor control detection height at range, which would pretty much let me recreate the chain home network (well, sort of), and stop the RAF flying out toward France.
How many such objects can be realistically used simultaneously (with a heavy aircraft load)?

Can storm front be made compatible with dynamic weather, the one overriding the other?  Could storm front also be a moving object? Have a timer?
Can the text reports be made neutral, since, as mentioned above, both sides currently receive the warnings from GNR, OBS, etc; but if there were no enemy/bombers/fighters distinction players would have to go out and get a visual to ID a contact, just as in reality for early radars at least (although in my case the RAF had IFF in the BoB, but generally). Maybe single/small/large formation contact reporting instead? I could get around double OBS reporting with two campaign maps, and it would cut down the numbers too, but is less important, but I would really appreciate getting the vectors/GCI working in dynamic DCG campaigns, it changes everything.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »

CY6, have a big request; is it possible to make the variables also function through the Conf.ini [mods] section?....

+1

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »

Small suggestion: could you make aimpoint object work with dive bombers, to simulate low level attacks?

Kiosk

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »

After playing around with the excellent C&C features a few things came to mind.

- Is it possible to make a FARPs version of the FUEL item? ( helos refuel + rearm ) perhaps with a timeout ?
- Is it also possible to extend that object for airfields ( maybe a minimum time to stay within range of it like the SAR/RESCAP before any effect ) ?
- can your SLD/SLD2 be adapted for merchant marine use somehow ? ( would be neat to see some sailors jumping off ships when it's in bad shape )

- anywho just some rambling ~ cheers , Bob

Sharkzz

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 05:17:08 AM »

oh my. I never knew this existed, is the stuff in it hard to get a handle on how to use ?
looks scarry. :D
Can't wait to try it out Thank You what a terrific mod !!! and can we really re fuel in the air ??????????? sweeeeeet.....
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »

I really wonder how you come up with some of these concepts and figure out how to put them in a game. Amazing how you do it.

I notice that a previous version of this mod is already in DBW, but it does not contain many newer - and from my pov, unmissable - objects. Such as for instance the storm front, Soldiers objects and so on.

So my question is, can I simply add this mod OVER the normal DBW 1.6 ... or should I remove the DBW stationary.ini entries first .... and then go on to add a new install of this mod?

I know I shouldn't muck around too much with DBW, but the new features of this mod look like a Must Have ....

Hally

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 03:54:03 AM »

Hello

Thx for this amazing Mod

I have a question about SAR
Is it normal that both side can read on the Hud the message ?
i made a mission with a british pilot to rescue on the chanel et both german et british can read the message SAR need at XXXXX

Other question is it possible that the recue and sar message can appear with more time beetween two anonce

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »

I really wonder how you come up with some of these concepts and figure out how to put them in a game. Amazing how you do it.

I notice that a previous version of this mod is already in DBW, but it does not contain many newer - and from my pov, unmissable - objects. Such as for instance the storm front, Soldiers objects and so on.

So my question is, can I simply add this mod OVER the normal DBW 1.6 ... or should I remove the DBW stationary.ini entries first .... and then go on to add a new install of this mod?

I know I shouldn't muck around too much with DBW, but the new features of this mod look like a Must Have ....

Yes you can install newer version over older ones.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 01:18:30 AM »

Yes you can install newer version over older ones.

I tried it out with DBW and installed the new version ... but unfortunately it caused DBW to crash upon mission start-up. The game loads fine, you can set up a mission in FMB no problem, but as soon as any type of mission, QMB or FMB starts to load, wham, the game crashes and you get an 'exception' message ...

This is the same as if too many new planes were added manually ...

I sincerely hope this newer version will be included in a DBW update ...

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »

That's unfortunate...

If it helps, you can install only the entries for the objects you need and leave out the others. The game doesn't count classfiles it doesn't have entries for.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 02:16:27 AM »

That's unfortunate...

If it helps, you can install only the entries for the objects you need and leave out the others. The game doesn't count classfiles it doesn't have entries for.

I did that too ... I really wanted to try out different possibilities ... maybe I will see about only adding the 3 or 4 objects I am really crazy about,such as the storm front and spawning soldiers ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.