Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOV Changer Mod  (Read 60666 times)

rfxcasey

Re: FOV Changer Mod
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »

Here is a bone for you dogs. Here I describe how to get San's FOV changer working EVERY time, I also include an AutoHotKey script that allows you to assign preset fields of view to your POV hat switch using Storebror's FOV changer Mod. And just to let all know San's works best if all the boxes on the main screen are unchecked or so it would seem. It is nice to have choices in these matters though so Storebror's mod is a welcome addition, if not only for its simplicity to install and use, however if what Ecosta said is true about Warbirds or Prey and Spit x 109s then San's may be the only alternative you are left with in those situations. Below is my original post.

Yes, it works. You do however have to shut down the UP executable selector after you launch IL-2 or San's won't know which il2fb.exe to hook into as the folks who made the launcher named the process the same as the IL-2 process.
http://ultrapack.tuttovola.org/index.php/topic,4066.msg46025.html#msg46025

Alternatively, you can use this https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16878.0.html however to get custom default (there is a mod for this now also) and preset views working with your POV hat switch, you need to map the default view, increase view, and decrease view to your keyboard (I used the arrow cluster) then use a scripting program like AutoHotKey which will automate the keypress sequences and allow them to be triggered by your POV hat switch. You can find a script on the Autohot key website to map your arrow cluster to your POV hat. You can then edit the script so that when you push the POV foward, for instance, it pushes the default view key once (70 degrees), and then decrease FOV 6 times (given the 5 degree increments) to give you a view of say 35 degrees. I'll post the script I edited here so you can mull over it. After installing Autohotkey you have to replace the contents of the default AutoHotKey.ahk that was created in your Documents folder when the program was installed. The scripts name (AutoHotKey.ahk) must be retained for the script to be automatically run when AutoHotKey starts.

If you analyse the script below you can hopefully see how it works. In the game the default view is set to 70 degrees if I remember correctly. I like my default view to be about 100 on a 16:10 aspect monitor so I have it set so that when I press my POV hat switch to the down position (my default view) AutoHotKey presses the appropriate sequence of arrow keys on my keyboard to reset default view (left arrow key on keyboard/70 degrees) and then hit increase FOV (down arrow key on keyboard) 6 times. Since this alternative FOV mod only lets you increase and decrees FOV in increments of 5 degrees, by having AutoHotKey press left, down, down, down, down, down, down sequentially you wind up with 70 degrees + 5 + 5 +5 +5 +5 +5 which equals 100 degrees. You can use this scheme to assign default view, zoomed in and zoomed out views to your liking and have them all controllable from your POV hat switch.

*NOTE* YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING KEY BINDINGS SET IN YOUR IL-2 CONTROLS IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK.
Default FOV = Left
Decrease FOV = up
Increase FOV = down

You will replace the default contents of the AutoHotKey.ahk script with everything BELOW the dotted line.
You may have to change the value of joyPOV to 1,2 or 3 depending one how your OS has assigned your USB devices. Change it till you find what works. Look for this line:

WatchPOV:
GetKeyState, POV, 1JoyPOV ; Get position of the POV control.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; This script has a special filename and path because it is automatically
; launched when you run the program directly. Also, any text file whose
; name ends in .ahk is associated with the program, which means that it
; can be launched simply by double-clicking it. You can have as many .ahk
; files as you want, located in any folder. You can also run more than
; one ahk file simultaneously and each will get its own tray icon.

;This scrip makes the POV switch at like the arrow cluster on your keyboard.

#Persistent ; Keep this script running until the user explicitly exits it.
SetTimer, WatchPOV, 5
setkeydelay, 20, 20
return

WatchPOV:
GetKeyState, POV, 1JoyPOV ; Get position of the POV control.
KeyToHoldDownPrev = %KeyToHoldDown% ; Prev now holds the key that was down before (if any).

; Some joysticks might have a smooth/continous POV rather than one in fixed increments.
; To support them all, use a range:
if POV < 0 ; No angle to report
KeyToHoldDown =
else if POV > 31500 ; 315 to 360 degrees: Forward
Send, {Left}{Up 5}
else if POV between 0 and 4500 ; 0 to 45 degrees: Forward
Send, {Left}{Up 5}
else if POV between 4501 and 13500 ; 45 to 135 degrees: Right
Send, {Left}{Down 12}
else if POV between 13501 and 22500 ; 135 to 225 degrees: Down
Send, {Left}{Down 6}
else ; 225 to 315 degrees: Left
KeyToHoldDown = Left

if KeyToHoldDown = %KeyToHoldDownPrev% ; The correct key is already down (or no key is needed).
return ; Do nothing.

; Otherwise, release the previous key and press down the new key:
SetKeyDelay 10 ; Avoid delays between keystrokes.
if KeyToHoldDownPrev ; There is a previous key to release.
Send, {%KeyToHoldDownPrev% up} ; Release it.
if KeyToHoldDown ; There is a key to press down.
Send, {%KeyToHoldDown% down} ; Press it down.
return

; Note: From now on whenever you run AutoHotkey directly, this script
; will be loaded. So feel free to customize it to suit your needs.

; Please read the QUICK-START TUTORIAL near the top of the help file.
; It explains how to perform common automation tasks such as sending
; keystrokes and mouse clicks. It also explains more about hotkeys.

Sharkzz

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 01:52:16 AM »

~S~
I have been sooo used to using and enjoying the fov console mod and didn't mind going into shift/tab to do it, as Eagle did also, I tried to stick it in my JSGME in my UP3 RC4 game and enable it there as I did in HSFX MODS folder, (where it works fine). but get FOV not found message, is this mod sort of the same as the console mod ? . and do I wack it in my jsgme ?.
I am getting confused, but would love to get this going in my UP3 game.
thanks
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

thefruitbat

• http://dangerdogz.com
    • Dangerdogz
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »

the newer version of Storebror's FOVMOD, which does indeed work fine, the older version i had been using had a slight bug, so thanks!
EDIT, no it doesn't, when cycling through external views, it adds 5 FOV each time you do, makes watching tracks a pita.
Would have been worth a message in the regarding thread. I stumbled upon this one just by mistake.

Best regards - Mike

Sorry Storebror,

Tbh cause its not a real issue since i fly cockpit on during missions and its only noticeable when watching tracks i didn't bother.

It is worth noting that its only HSFX 6, when i was messing around with mod 4.11 it worked fine.

cheers fruitbat

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »

May I ask if this essential mod could be merged with sanka's Default Fov and made it compatible with UV3 (without Hud text)?

Best Regards

Blaubaer

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »

Hi Storebror,

I'm using your Mod in conjunction with Sanka's Default FOV Mod. The latter limits the wide view (per conf.ini entry Mods=xxx). Isn't it possible to limit the gunsight view as well somehow?
The reason: I increase/decrease the FOV by pushing two keys. These keys (programmed by Saitek software) trigger a rapid repeating of pushing the buttons for de-/increasing the FOV. (Hope having explained it without too many linguistic mistakes.)

Regards, der Blaubär (using HSFX 6)

ntz

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »

great work .. works exactly as described .. if i can vote for some change, i'd:

- remove/make turnable UI text noticing about changed FOV
- either set default FOV in .ini file for "widescreen view" button in game and let FOV changer go beyond by the zoom+/- buttons or just change fov by zooming, really not by repetitive pressing of wide/normal view .. well, doesn't hurt that much, i'm already used to use it, but it's not very practical

but anyway, no other mod needed hence this just works (almost) like a charm :)

thanks for it !!

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »

Hi!

This is a nice mod but i don't have 5° to 175° Only 30° to 90° (or what ::)) :( What can i do?
4.12.1 hsfx7.0

Regards
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs

Przemek1986

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:06 PM »

Hey everyone.
I am so sorry for digging up such an old topic.
I am using VP Modpack 4.12.2. Further, I don't use any other mods.
Unfortunately, the FOV Changer doesn't work for me, or at least not completely.

<<<<EDIT>>>

Oh, nevermind. I have just accidentally found IL-2 Next Generation CAM (NG-CAM) v1.5 and it works like a charm.
Once more sorry for digging up an old topic.

GPatricks

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2022, 10:54:28 AM »

Doesn't seem to work in 4.12.2 with HSFX 7.03, will look into IL-2 Next Generation CAM..
Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver.  22H2 - Build 23631.3374 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

GPatricks

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2023, 03:36:40 AM »

Bringing this back from the dead, does not seem to work with 4.12.2\Ultrapak 3.4.. no conflicts, only mod, new install.
Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver.  22H2 - Build 23631.3374 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.699 seconds with 38 queries.