Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW Current Build All Bug Reports  (Read 106285 times)

ben_wh

Re: DBW Current Build All Bug Reports
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »

Hi,

In my DBW build 1.6 install, I cannot find any bomb or drop tank loadout for Spitfire Mk V (only default and empty).  I checked the weapons_ru.properties file and found that some of the Mk.Vs should be able to carry drop tanks and bombs.  Have any one else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2011, 05:34:19 AM »

This is only a sort of bug, the weapons files in UP, and so also DBW, do not accurately reflect what is actually available in the game, but rather a kind of wish list (where from?), and the UP version is even in the sfs files so you can't get rid of it either, so you have to pretty much ignore it I'm afraid. There's a much more accurate listing available in my DCG for DBW files which is in a different format of course but shows what is actually there (and what isn't).

This file (and it's other language counterparts) is generally referred to as cosmetic, which is a bit of a misunderstanding going all the way back to Oleg.
The entries in the classfiles should be generic International English-based short description tags, like default, empty, long-range, ground attack1, R4U3, ABC, 123, or such, and the corresponding entries in the weapons files (which really are Java 'properties' files, where the text strings are meant to be...) are then the long descriptions in whichever language. The pretty format they used is also completely superfluous, only a simple list is required without a million hash marks.

This obviously broke down almost immediately as no one could tell what the loadout was without opening the classfile to look, so the long descriptions ended up in the classfiles anyway and the weapons file entries are sometimes just copies of the same, with some now over 40 characters even, which isn't likely to change as this way you can at least see what the loadout for a plane is when you look into a mission file (mostly, some are cryptically meaningless) and all previous mission files would become incompatible, so it's a case of backwards compatibility maintaining an original error, as is often the case.

Hopefully DBW 1.7 will sort this out as loadouts are changing anyway, but for now I think my DCG list is the only reasonably accurate one available (hopefully I'm wrong), and besides, you could always try DCG too!

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »

Since I've installed UP3+DBW and then updated them to RC4 and 1.6 I've this in FW's A2-3-4-5-6

Is this a bug or is intended to be as it is?

I haven't any mod related to Fockewolf planes in #DBW folder (or jgsme) with the exception of the POV mod .sfs.

Thanks in advance!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »

Damn i got the same external "pop up" sight when I fly my P-40's. Time to figure this bug out.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2011, 11:58:33 PM »

HG, I have the sami issue, clearly a bug, and if I recall it come from UP3 and was already reported

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:16 AM »

Thank You Oberst! Now I'm sure it isn't an install error. I can't see it anymore!!

Riptide_One

« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »

In DBW 1916, the Fokker D VII, 1918, shows up solely with British roundals regardless of what nationality you give it.

Cheers,

Riptide

oldschoolie

« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »

Don't know whether this is me or not. Am gradually building the various iterations, have downloaded and installed all 6 parts of DBW 1.3.. Although the game loads and plays fine the initial splash screen still shows me as having Build 1.2. Am I missing something?

BTW, after all the problems I had getting started with the whole modern version, thanks for all the work that has gone into the game.

oldschoolie

« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »

Sorry. It was me:  elements of Part6 not applied. I now have Bld 1.3 showing but don't seem to have all the  maps though the all.ini is applied. Ho hum...on to Bld 1.4.

KG3_V

• The Man who cannot land
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

DBW_MissionPro Combo will crash DBW1.6 @ 60%
In DBW 1916 all seems to work fine,but i I choose to normal DBW and had this mod activated the game crashes at 60 &

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »

Hi KG3, see 1st post on page 1.

If by adding a mod DBW crashes then it's not a DBW error.

Having said that, the latest MissionPro Combo for DBW works fine - so looks like the problem is at your end.

KG3_V

• The Man who cannot land
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2011, 03:27:22 AM »

but it is installed correct and no mods, only litte effects mod is added by hand. and I deactivate them and it also works not. if I run DBW 1916, all the maps works, but not in DBW 1.6
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.