Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hellcats Mk.I, Mk.II. & Mk.III  (Read 35166 times)

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
  • Where's Waldo? Who's Waldo?
Hellcats Mk.I, Mk.II. & Mk.III
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »

Sorce: en.wikipedia.org
The British Fleet Air Arm (FAA) received 1,263 F6Fs under the Lend-Lease Act; initially it was known as the Grumman Gannet Mark I. The name Hellcat replaced it in early 1943 for the sake of simplicity, the Royal Navy at that time adopting the use of the existing American naval names for all the U.S.-made aircraft supplied to it, with the F6F-3 being designated Hellcat F I, the F6F-5, the Hellcat F II and the F6F-5N, the Hellcat NF II.[N 2] They saw action off Norway, in the Mediterranean and in the Far East. A number were fitted with photographic reconnaissance equipment similar to the F6F-5P, receiving the designation Hellcat FR II.[27] The FAA Hellcat units experienced far fewer opportunities for air-to-air combat than their USN/Marines counterparts; a total of 52 enemy aircraft were shot down during 18 aerial combats from May 1944 to July 1945. 1844 Naval Air Squadron, on board HMS Indomitable of the British Pacific Fleet was the highest scoring unit, with 32.5 kills.[28]

FAA Hellcats, as with other Lend-Lease aircraft, were rapidly replaced by British aircraft after the end of the war, with only two of the 12 squadrons equipped with the Hellcat at VJ-Day still retaining Hellcats by the end of 1945.[29] These two squadrons were disbanded in 1946.[29] In British service, the Hellcats proved to be a match even for the main Luftwaffe fighters, the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and Focke-Wulf Fw 190.

Credits:
flying_spud - Requested aircraft
Friction - Testing
Myself - classfiles
PA_Jeronimo - wheels fixed

Default skins ar not mine. ;)

Tested UP3 & 2.01 / SAS Modacts 4.09 and 4.10.1
DOWNLOAD RAF Hellcats Mk.I, Mk.II. & Mk.III
DOWNLOAD RAF Hellcat Mk.Ib (Cannon)

https://www.mediafire.com/?b55n3532o8csz52
You must replace the corresponding folders (Hellcat MkI and Hellcat MkII ) where you installed the MOD for example:
Il-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\RAF_Hellcats\3do\plane\
If you look at these models, the wheels turn in the opposite direction. The change and put of the MkIII that problem is solved regardless of which install the Mod wheel or not.

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
Re: Hellcats Mk.I, Mk.II. & Mk.III
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »

The Hellcat Mk.III is based off the F6F-6 ;)

All 3 have an extra suprise historical loadout ;)

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »

Many thanks, Riken!!! :D :D :D
I'm not going to spill the beans on the special loadout, since you made sure the user had to load this rascal in order to discover what it is (i.e., no weapons ru ;)).
But, I've got a question on the wing guns.  Are they 50 cals?  Judging from the damage I'm getting out of them,  they don't strike me as 20mm cannons.
Thank you for the additions!!! ;D ;D ;D

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »

I didnt make the 20mm variant. still looking into that one.

as for the weapons.ru..... I dont use those because they are alreay listed withing the classfile and the weapons.ru is for those who want to rename their weapons to another name.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »

:'( Just a simple Thank you
Keep up your good work
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Cranky.1

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:50:56 AM »

Thank You Riken
You Make Me So Happy  :D

flying_spud

• Spittin' Fire
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:08:33 AM »

Man oh man Riken you make me happy - what an efficient bunch of guys you are  ;D

THREE marks' of RN Hellcat - what more could an il-2 modded addict ask for? Now to that Palembang map.............

THANKS

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 07:35:43 AM »

No problem guys. This was actually kinda fun to find that extra suprise historical loadout was on this plane and actually used often. Who would have thought.
Anyway, glad your all very happy :D

flying_spud

• Spittin' Fire
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »

Now that's what I call a ..... :o

Sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer - when you get to my age little things make you excited!  :-[

EDIT: Riken specifically requested that the suprise loadout remain a suprise. After all the work he put into your requests lately, it's pretty sad to ignore his request and post it anyway. SAS~Friction

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »

Now that's what I call a ..... :o
Sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer - when you get to my age little things make you excited!  :-[

??? :o whoa whoa whoa here! did you just try and ruin the suprise by telling everyone what it was? How many people here saw it?

flying_spud

• Spittin' Fire
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 05:26:47 AM »

I actually believed that "the secret payload" was a tongue-in-cheek thing and Riken was looking for some banter (light-hearted comments) on it!!  ???

It's not "sad" just an honest mistake. I sincerely never dreamt it was a really serious "TOP SECRET" but instead the beginning of a humerous thread like you find on so many sites that don't take themselves too seriously (you know, like the ones that don't "invent" new planes for il-2 and then insist on mega-historical documentation for outside requests........ ;)

SAS friction you're trying to exaggerate what I accidentally did, and to be honest I'm getting a little bit tired of being whined at about everything I post by SAS "heavies" and one or two of their pet sychophants. Yes I did suggest Thunderbolts Mk.1/11's, and Riken was happy enough to pm me and the result of his excellent work is here for ALL to enjoy - not just me.
I then aired the Hellcats more of a continuation of a theme rather than a new request, only to get the "third degree" about "rushing" people by putting in too many requests, along with all the "blah blah" about making official requests via the right procedure with blueprints, photos, measurements etc (probably signed in triplicate too) . So I again bit my lip and said sorry. A few days later both planes are available for download!!!  ;D

This is getting all a bit serious for me I'm afraid. This GAME is part of my infrequent relaxation and I don't need this hassle over something so trivial from some people who are getting a bit carried away with what they might believe is a position of power?  ::)

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 08:24:43 AM »

I actually believed that "the secret payload" was a tongue-in-cheek thing and Riken was looking for some banter (light-hearted comments) on it!!   

It's not "sad" just an honest mistake. I sincerely never dreamt it was a really serious "TOP SECRET" but instead the beginning of a humerous thread like you find on so many sites that don't take themselves too seriously (you know, like the ones that don't "invent" new planes for il-2 and then insist on mega-historical documentation for outside requests........

Perhaps it was tongue in cheek, but you didn't need to come out and tell everyone what the secret loadout was. That's kinda why Riken specifically said it was secret. Yeah, he was trying to have fun with it, but you left the cat out of the bag, "ruining" the surprise. 

SAS friction you're trying to exaggerate what I accidentally did, and to be honest I'm getting a little bit tired of being whined at about everything I post by SAS "heavies" and one or two of their pet sychophants. Yes I did suggest Thunderbolts Mk.1/11's, and Riken was happy enough to pm me and the result of his excellent work is here for ALL to enjoy - not just me.
I then aired the Hellcats more of a continuation of a theme rather than a new request, only to get the "third degree" about "rushing" people by putting in too many requests, along with all the "blah blah" about making official requests via the right procedure with blueprints, photos, measurements etc (probably signed in triplicate too) . So I again bit my lip and said sorry. A few days later both planes are available for download!!! 

If it was an accident, that is what the backspace key is for. Or the "preview" post button.

Who is whining at you? You didn't follow the rules in the request section, and were told how to fill out a proper request. The rules in that section are set so that it is easier for modders to get information about mods.

I asked you not to be too demanding to Riken, you knew he was working on the T-bolts, but you continued to request planes from him. That's a simple request. It takes time to make and test mods. If you could make themself, you would know that.

This is getting all a bit serious for me I'm afraid. This GAME is part of my infrequent relaxation and I don't need this hassle over something so trivial from some people who are getting a bit carried away with what they might believe is a position of power? 

Position of power? I have very little power here. But my power has nothing to do with this though. It sounds like you don't want to follow rules, simple as that. (Request boards, modding etiquette, so on) When people try to explain the rules to you, you lash out and claim you are being harassed and "whined" to by people here. You also are disrespectful, by the fact that, you requested the planes, Riken made them for you (and now everyone has access to them), and you were the one that revealed the "secret" loadout, despite him saying they are secret.

Friction
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 27 queries.