Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG for Dark Blue World - New Packs for DBW 171 & DCG 346/7  (Read 138724 times)

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG for Dark Blue World - New Packs for DBW 171 & DCG 346/7
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

First of all thanks for the explanations here, Moezilla!
I have followed your advice and used all three dcg files (gobjects,gunits,armor)!
The British tanks now work without problems in the Overlord Campaign, thanks again! :)
The only thing that is not working properly are the Infantry units!
If a unit was destroyed in the campaign she no longer goes back into the respawn pool and stay with each other mission in the last position!
But its no problem, as you can see these units from the air bad anyway!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »

Glad you got your tanks working.

I was just checking your Second Front files and noticed that you have the stationary objects in the gunits.dcg and not in the gobjects.dcg. Check DCGs stock files for comparison.
Without knowing exactly when DCG uses these files it's hard to know if it would cause a problem.

As for the infantry, Slink seemed to have got them working for his Poland39 update, I'll have a look at the entries in technics.ini and chief.ini and see if there is anything strange. Did you add the entries for the infantry to armor.dcg? They actually come under the tank class so they may need entries there to work properly.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »

Glad you got your tanks working.

I was just checking your Second Front files and noticed that you have the stationary objects in the gunits.dcg and not in the gobjects.dcg. Check DCGs stock files for comparison.
Without knowing exactly when DCG uses these files it's hard to know if it would cause a problem.

Strange . . . these are the .dcg files (except fobjects+crewseats) from Slink (!!DCG-4-DBW ModPack2/IL2DCG/Data folder) and I modified nothing!

As for the infantry, Slink seemed to have got them working for his Poland39 update, I'll have a look at the entries in technics.ini and chief.ini and see if there is anything strange. Did you add the entries for the infantry to armor.dcg? They actually come under the tank class so they may need entries there to work properly.

Yes, I have tried it in the seperate Overlord campaign but it didnt worked properly as above discripted!
I dont believe that he get the infantry working in Poland39 properly, because his Poland39.mis file or the timetable.dcg includes any infantry chiefs!
At least what I have saw in his files I have downloaded!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Well if you've been testing it that way and there have been no problems then maybe DCG doesn't use those files except to populate the drop-down menu on the "Ground Object Settings" panel.

Hmm, let me think about the infantry some more. Maybe something hardcoded in  DCG is stopping it from working. Back to the lab.

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2013, 05:31:58 AM »

I just loaded this stuff back up again after a very long hiatus. Well i entered the game for carrier ops called marcus island and as soon as i spawned , my plane exploded. any idea to what is causing this?

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:46 AM »

I just fired up the USN fighter and torpedo bomber campaigns in Marcus Islands v1.2 and there were no problems with exploding planes.

Which campaign did you try and which plane did you choose?

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »

If you were spawning in an F4F4 on a Carrier with more than one Plane, and you have   fix Cowling Engines & prop Mod, you need to delete these from the

fix Cowling Engines & prop Mod\3do\Plane\F-4F4  delete all highlighted these: (The Blue arrows)

Then no more explosing F-4F4's

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »

Good call Bravo! I was in the F3 which is the default choice for the fighter campaign.

Should this also be mentioned on the NewTFM thread as I think the cowlings and props files are in there too?

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »

Yes Moezilla Please be my guest in letting every one know about this bug.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »

p.s.  The reason for the Planes exploding is that the AI Planes who spawn with you are spawning with their wings unfolded on the Carrier Deck. The above modification is the only way I read or tried that works.

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »

p.s.  The reason for the Planes exploding is that the AI Planes who spawn with you are spawning with their wings unfolded on the Carrier Deck. The above modification is the only way I read or tried that works.

Still exploding. When i went to the 3do for the F4, it didn't have any data about the wings in it. Could it be BT wheel fix? This really has me confused. maybe too many planes on deck? I think there was a carrier fix patch that made the planes wings retracted. i dunno. And it's happening with the F4F-3

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2013, 06:24:13 AM »

I'm also using the modpack for dcg4dbw. I always had problems with this since i already had most if not all of the mod planes already installed through windweapon's mod packs. I don't recall having issue when i used the standard version of dcg4dbw. Pretty lost on this one.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.