Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW Request Topic  (Read 79084 times)

juanmalapuente

Re: DBW Request Topic
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »

Thanks a lot, crazyflak. Actually both DH-89 and Trimotor are important in SCW. DH-89 was used along the whole war, first as bomber and then as trainer an liaison. There only was a trimotor in service in SCW that worked as transport along the 3 years, but as most people, I use it also as the best aproximation to Fokker F-VII 3m which not only was transport but also bomber and a very important one along the first year. It also can be used for other Fokker trimotors that participated as bombers and transports, such as F-VIII, F-IX, F-XVIII, F-XX...
But I understand the limits question of the Java code.
I only wanted to know if they were going in any update to avoid the duplication of entries that you always adviced.
Hope something can be worked out anyway.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »

I agree in give a customization choice at the final user because the taste of the game is in many different flawers and sometimes many flawers for each single tongue!

What I like to see is the CY6 Command and Control mod updated to v2!

All the best!

walter

Pursuivant

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »

Yes, duplication is being seriously worked on... and merging variants in a single slot (where reasonable) is being done.

It seems like this would be a good method of adding new plane variants without the need to add new slots.

What makes it possible to merge slots?

Just weapon loadouts with identical FM and DM?

Is it possible to merge slots for planes which have slightly different engine performance, but which are aerodynamically identical (i.e., slightly uprated or downrated engine, but identical center of gravity and trivial change in mass)?

Is is possible to combine slots for planes which just have different fuel loadouts (i.e., more or fewer fuel tanks, bigger or smaller tanks, self-sealing vs. unsealable tanks)? I could see this working if you create an internal, invisible undroppable "drop tank" to simulate things like "Tokyo tanks" in the B-24, or external undroppable tanks like the "Dauchelbach" tank on the Bf-110D.

Is it possible to add "kamikaze" versions of a particular aircraft as "weapon" loadouts? That is, give the plane an internal undroppable "bomb" (if the fuselage was loaded with explosives) loadout and change its AI behavior to dive into ships.

LuseKofte

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »

In order to make som QMB's to WWI I need this mod for making it a bit more realistic. Badly needing all objects that apear WWI ish
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,9530.0.html Checkyersix mortarmod

and the new Westfrontmap to ordinary DBW https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18776.0.html

LuseKofte

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:17 AM »

Malones Baloon repaint is also a much needed mod for DBW https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18758.msg203937/boardseen.html#new

tooslow

• Stang Driver
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »

I recently downloaded a map of "Rio de la Plata" by GAEv.  It includes parts of Uruguay, Brasil, and Argentina which make up the River Plate where the pocket battleship Graf Spee met it's end.  It works for me and it looks like a very useful map which should be included in the next update.   

You can find it in the lounge as it hasn't been moved to the maps section under the reference ...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18887.0.html

ben_wh

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

Hi,

Not sure whether this has been requested but IMHO this will be a great addition to the DBW map list:  West Front '40

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18776.0.html

By the same great artist (GilB57) who brought us the West Front '44 maps in DBW today.

Cheers,

Pursuivant

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

So far, if you merge 2 slots, you eliminate FM differences... although you can use some tricks for fuel amount or weight...

So, merging slots means identical FM and cockpits, but, in theory, DM could vary if you include things like added fuel tanks or guns as "ordinance."

In fact what you mention "internal fuel tank non-droppable" is just what I need for P-39s since some variants otherwise identical had reduced internal tanks but could be added back in the field. I am sure the "non-droppable" characteristic can be done, which opens some possibilities.

It seems to me that making internal (i.e., invisible), non-droppable fuel tanks, bombs or guns would be an easy trick. Just create an appropriately sized rectangle or cylinder in 3ds Max and do what's needed to get it into the game. No textures or no shadow model needed (it's internal), and no LOD work needed (after all, it's already at the minimum possible number of polygons). In fact it sounds like a really good project for a beginning 3d modeler.

Change of AI within same slot is not possible yet, we would need to modify AI class to let the game know that ANY pilot in ANY plane must behave as Kamikaze if it has X loadout.

This sounds more like an AI problem than a slot problem. The kamikaze option should be a loadout option, with a full load of bombs and possibly internally mounted bombs.

For kamikaze behavior, it might be possible to rework the code for the Mistel, Fritz X or Azon bombs and add "kamikaze/missile" it as a new waypoint option for aircraft in the FMB, with further option of target type - ship, ground vehicle, stationary aircraft, flying aircraft (for "taran" or ramming attacks), or specific map location. But that's another project.

LuseKofte

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 04:56:36 AM »

Pull Out An Eye

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2011, 02:49:39 AM »

Can you please include this one:

Command and Control Mod v 2.0 (C&C + randomizers)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16973.0.html

I made this request because I can`t add it by myself, I always get a CTD  :'(

Riptide_One

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

I hope Epervier's "Vehicles and Trailers" packages can be included.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19284.0.html

It would be really great if the horse drawn vehicles could be included in both DBW 1916 and DBW. This way horse drawn vehicles could be included not only in WWI missions but also in Spanish Civil War and WWII missions.

Cheers,

Riptide

STAX18

« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »

I would like to see the IAR variants in DBW:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1526.0.html

I think it is possible to add the variants without creating new slots:
Maybe someone has some time to merge the variants as new loadout options for the stock IARs.

Thank you in advance
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.