Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The SAS F#cking Big Default Skinmod (SAS FBDSM) PART 7-9  (Read 33454 times)

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
Re: The SAS F#cking Big Default Skinmod (SAS FBDSM) PART 7-9
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »

I´m sorry CirX, I didn´t realize it worked that way! I´m uttterly greatful for all the work you modders do but beeing on a very tight budget I need to fill RL needs beforehand and be humbly greatful to be able to DL all that comes in my way.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

E69_Botijo

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »

Edited: Fail editing my last post... sorry.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

I´m sorry CirX, I didn´t realize it worked that way! I´m uttterly greatful for all the work you modders do but beeing on a very tight budget I need to fill RL needs beforehand and be humbly greatful to be able to DL all that comes in my way.

dude, I am realy not pissed at you, just shocked that noone else has bothered to help out with hosting UP yet. FBDSM would have never used up that amount of mandwidth by itself. :)

Gerson

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »

Hi CirX
Users of UP 3.0 just need to install part  8 and 9.
Part 07 is already included in UP 3.0?
Is it correct?
Thanks
Gerson

Nicholaiovitch

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:07 AM »

You can check the "Placeholders" in the UP3 installation (root directory) and see which have been populated.

UP3 came with basically empty "Placeholders" with a file size of around 26kps. When you download and install the folders 1-5 and 7-9 you will see that the files once installed are the size of the downloads and vary between around 11 to 250mb.

I'm really sorry guys this is causing you so much trouble in making these lovely skins available for UP3. I know that when the bug that changes these skins back to original default on mission start is fixed in the new UP3 RC2 (out this week) you will get the thanks you all deserve.

It may help eventually to have the completed pack available as a Torrent when it is all done. For the time being, many thanks to you all for your effort on behalf of the community.

Nicholaiovitch :)

Dunois

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 04:45:31 AM »

Excellent!
Replaces avantageously yhe old Skinmod I used to bring from old AAA install to new ones..
Save loading time in my Mods install.
Skins linked to the kind of map loaded, save time to have a cigar and brandy, instead of spending time to fit skins with operations area.
Only one regret: lot of RAF default skins are without Fin flashes...

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 05:01:17 AM »

You can check the "Placeholders" in the UP3 installation (root directory) and see which have been populated.

UP3 came with basically empty "Placeholders" with a file size of around 26kps. When you download and install the folders 1-5 and 7-9 you will see that the files once installed are the size of the downloads and vary between around 11 to 250mb.

I'm really sorry guys this is causing you so much trouble in making these lovely skins available for UP3. I know that when the bug that changes these skins back to original default on mission start is fixed in the new UP3 RC2 (out this week) you will get the thanks you all deserve.

It may help eventually to have the completed pack available as a Torrent when it is all done. For the time being, many thanks to you all for your effort on behalf of the community.

Nicholaiovitch :)

Yes, the theater camo bug is fixed, the update is due out soon.

We are not having trouble providing these Skin-addons for UP3 mate. What we are having trouble with, is that we are seemingly the only ones hosting the actual UP3 pack as a static download for public.

I hope others will do the community a favour and help host it a little.  :)

Excellent!
Replaces avantageously yhe old Skinmod I used to bring from old AAA install to new ones..
Save loading time in my Mods install.
Skins linked to the kind of map loaded, save time to have a cigar and brandy, instead of spending time to fit skins with operations area.
Only one regret: lot of RAF default skins are without Fin flashes...

Only in cases where there is no dedicated RAF slot, and the plane needs to be used by other air forces also. For all dedicated RAF slots, there are flashes. If there is one that may be an error, please specify which plane, on which map. Just saying " lot of Raf" does not help at all. ;)

Dunois

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

OK
Copy that
Just installed it yesterday, and yes it concerned AC used by RAF like C47 Bostons B25.
Remains Spits VIII (but they are like this in the stock game)
and Seafury
And curiously the Spit XII Pr appearing under the name "plane" in my UP3 stationnary aircraft menu.
All this came at a kick glance (while having the cigar) thru the QMB to see the changes.
Maybe in the next uptdate to have RAF selection available for US AC used will be nice.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »

English aircraft without flash (as viewed in QMB)
A-20 Boston mkIII
Buffalo Mk I
Blenheim Mk I and Mk IV (Both wear Finnish camo)
Battle Mk II
Gladiator Mk II and Mk II
Hurricane Mk IIb and IIc
P-36 Mohawk III (at least I think this one is supposed to be English, it wears Finnish camo too)
Mosquito NF Mk II
Seafire LIII and F XV
Spitfire LF VIII and CW
Spitfire XVI-All

saab ja26

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »

A huge thank you for all the hard work on these! Just downloaded and installed them this morning. Awesome skins!
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »

thank you so much guys! both for the packs (that's a HUGE work from you with excellent results) and the inclusion of some of my skins, i'm feeling very proud now :) thank you again!

S! to all

Andrea :)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »

English aircraft without flash (as viewed in QMB)
A-20 Boston mkIII
Buffalo Mk I
Blenheim Mk I and Mk IV (Both wear Finnish camo)
Battle Mk II
Gladiator Mk II and Mk II
Hurricane Mk IIb and IIc
P-36 Mohawk III (at least I think this one is supposed to be English, it wears Finnish camo too)
Mosquito NF Mk II
Seafire LIII and F XV
Spitfire LF VIII and CW
Spitfire XVI-All

A-20 Boston mkIII: That model has not been covered in this skinmod yet. All other A20, including that one, are being redone from scratch for all theaters at the moment.

Buffalo Mk I : Tailflashes were not added, since this plane also does not have a dedicated RAF slot, it would thus share the slot with other nations that would use this plane, like the Dutch. If I am incorrect in this, we can review it in future.

Blenheim Mk I and Mk IV (Both wear Finnish camo): Blenheims have no UK slots, all are multi. Thus the summer skins are finnish. All other theaters, ETO, CBI,DESERT, MTO, have the correct RAFor SEAC tailflash. Of course only in UP3/DBW are maps marked correctly, and will one have the full benifit of these default skins.

Battle Mk II : Has not been covered by this skinmod. And even if it was, I imaging that for the maps in the theaters it was most active in, western europe, (ETO), a tailfalsh would not be prctical, as it would exclude the other nations that used this plane. It may be more practical to review the RAF decal settings in classfiles for some planes like this one.

Gladiator Mk II and Mk II: Thusfar the only skins of these that have been done in this mod, are desert skins for each, and a CBI skin for the MKII. The CBI skin is for the chinese airforce. The desert skins have no tailflash as the primary user of gladiators in the african campaigns (abysinnia ect) were the SAAF.
A tailflash for the MTO maps might be appropriate, but that is a skin we have nto looked at yet for this family.

Hurricane Mk IIb and IIc: Of course the summer slots of hurricanes that were used by other nations will not have UK tailflashes! This is absolutely correct. If however you try out all the hurricanes on maps marked ETO, MTO,DESERT,CBI or PACIFIC ( in the cases where that type served in that theater with the RAF, RAAF,NZAF,RN,SEAC or RCAF) you will see the default skin has the correct tailflash.

P-36 Mohawk III (at least I think this one is supposed to be English, it wears Finnish camo too): Shares its #d with the HAwk75A-3. Same as the hurricanes. Please try these models out on differently set maps to actualy see what default skins are there. If you choose any of those hawks for an ETO maps, for example, they will have french camo. In the desert they do not have tailflashes, because, once again, the RAF was not the primary initial users of these kites in North Africa.

Mosquito NF Mk II : NOT COVERED IN THIS SKINMOD YET. (But OMG, it should be, what a horrible skin!)
Seafire LIII and F XV : LII: it does, it is painted on the rudder :D. It is a family we still want to look at properly anyway, that skin was just to get rid of the horror of the stock skin. FXV: NOT-COVERED-IN-THIS-SKIN-MOD-YET

Spitfire LF VIII and CW: Same as Hurricanes: No RAF slots. All the theaters where it is apllicable, a tailflash was added. ETO skins were not added as the whole Spitfire family will be reviewed in future, but tailfashes are on all other skins. So currently in ETO uses the summer skin, which has not tailflash. The MkVIII was not used extensively in the ETO theater, and saw most of its action in the CBI, MTO and DESERT areas, which is probably why we did not bother yet with a dedicated ETO skin for it.

Spitfire XVI-All : NOT-COVERED-IN-THIS-SKIN-MOD-YET.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Example Maps in UP3/DBW to check DefSkin set on:

Summer: Slovakia Summer
Winter: Slovakia WInter
ETO: Northwest Europe
MTO: Malta'42
DESERT: DesertOL
CBI: Burma
Pacific: Okinawa

Also take note that in many cases planes have specific slots for specific nations, and that slot will have it's own set of such skins then.

OK
Copy that
Just installed it yesterday, and yes it concerned AC used by RAF like C47 Bostons B25.
Remains Spits VIII (but they are like this in the stock game)
and Seafury
And curiously the Spit XII Pr appearing under the name "plane" in my UP3 stationnary aircraft menu.
All this came at a kick glance (while having the cigar) thru the QMB to see the changes.
Maybe in the next uptdate to have RAF selection available for US AC used will be nice.

C47 skin are all being reviewed anyway, but, there is very little chance of Multi Slot C47s getting RAF tailflashes in the summer or ETO scheme even, since The RAF are defintely not the only non-US  nation to use them.

Bostons I already answered about.

B25's, Please check the planes in MULTI slot, on maps where it is applicable that they served, for nations it is applicable that they served with. On most relevant Multi skins I quickly checked especially the G and onwards, the correct taiflash is present, except for where the model was not the exclusive domain of the RAF, but also used by other airforces.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 26 queries.