Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions to SAS~CirX about u.p. 3.0 and sas mods  (Read 2495 times)

el bradipo

Questions to SAS~CirX about u.p. 3.0 and sas mods
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:43 AM »

Apologize fot the double post(I have already asked the same question at u.p. but no reponses,Hades has definitely more to think about the release of the new 3.0):

Hi HaDes and community.Leaving aside the compliments (by the way GREAT!)and waiting for the release version 3.0 final (i did not hurry to have a "beta" 3.0 as even for me, i play only off-line, the 2.1 version works fine), i would ask:
1)There will be a 3.0 download release "no torrent"? (because i don't have at home fast internet, i download at work not with my private pc) but I seem to have realized that this thing will be done(thanks cirx for your mediafire release)
2)i have now sas+u.p. 2.01 il2: my folders "campaigns", " savegames", "speech", airplanes paint, config-ini, will be compatibles with final 3.0?
3)will already have a folder "mods" or, as in the previous version,  the great SAS~CirX will be another version of his "SAS modact" (obviously full-compatible,off and online versions)?
Thanks in advance and good job  il2 best community in the world!!!

SAS~CirX:The structure of the new game will be "user friendly for newbies " in order to be able to install "sas mods" as used in the present version 2.01+sas modact game?

Thanks in advance and good work ;D ;D ;D SAS+up forever!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Questions to SAS~CirX about u.p. 3.0 and sas mods
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:58:23 AM »

Hi

You realy should download the beta, since the "final" will simply be a small patch for the beta, not a whole new release.

1) I put up the Mediafire link, and I know Hades will put up some static links also. If someone here with fast internet can put up some mirrirs for us, we all would appreciate it.

2) Yes, I think mostly, perhaps one or two mismatches.

3) The "Mods" foder for UP3 ONLINE is called "#UP#". However, there will soon be an "Offline" SAS version, that is much simpler in content, a lttle more traditional, and without MDS, and thus fully compatible with all the offliner favourite mods, like 6dof mouse, MissionPro, ect. This will be available to SAS Modact 3x users, as an optional "Patch". But you will have to have UP3 installed to use it. More on this in the coming week or two. We are going to make it fully for Offline players. Online players who want to use it can do so, but on their own steam. There will still be the normal SAS Modact for those.
SAS is fully going back to it's offline roots. There are now plently of awesome choices for online players to choose from, and it is time to attend to the offline player once more.  And this version will be very newby friendly, since 80% of available mods will already be installed, and the instalation of updates to it will be mostly a very simple afair (like a stock update). For more on this it is best to wait a bit and see. Everybody is a little tired after the initial release, so it will take a little time to get back to everything.

Cheers
CirX

MR_G

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »

"3) The "Mods" foder for UP3 ONLINE is called "#UP#". However, there will soon be an "Offline" SAS version, that is much simpler in content, a lttle more traditional, and without MDS, and thus fully compatible with all the offliner favourite mods, like 6dof mouse, MissionPro, ect. This will be available to SAS Modact 3x users, as an optional "Patch". But you will have to have UP3 installed to use it. More on this in the coming week or two. We are going to make it fully for Offline players."

That is great news.

The 6dof mouse and Mission Pro are two of the things that I miss in UP 3.0.

Far77

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »

SAS~CirX,

Thank you for the nice news! Being off-liner I am glad to hear this.
UP3 will be even more better! I hope that AI could be improved in future as it is crucially important for off-line, and currently is probably the weakest point in the nice game.

Please don't be disappointed with many posts with "why doesn't UP3 have..., where is in UP3...", etc.  It means that UP3 is very important for IL2-fans, and as a large step forward UP3 rises a wave of response. Please keep going forward steady! Thank you for your great work!

el bradipo

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:48:35 AM »

As always great news!!SAS is always the reference point for people like me who play only offline! It was a good thing also to create a place for support u.p.!Thanks SAS~CirX for your effort, thanks HaDes and ALL il2 MODDERS!!! ;D

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 02:20:13 AM »

Great to hear that there will be an 'offline' SAS version of UP 3.

Look forward to it.

Cheers - Redfox

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:27:32 AM »

Yes great to hear that ! I tried to play online for sometime, but it didn't suit me very well, so i stick to offline :) Will be happy to have an offline UP3 :D

U

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »

That is great news. UP3 seemed too much of an "online only" release with all those MDS stuff (and the problems/incompatibilities they introduced for us offliners).

Nice to see that we will have a specially crafted offline version of it :).

Thanks again.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »

Thanks CirX for the great News, really appreciate your effort, keep up the work
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.