Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Defiant!!  (Read 6518 times)

dagwood

• Install instructions: Put the thingy in the wotsit
Re: Defiant!!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »

It's great to see the Defiant in the game, but I have tried using the Defiants as attack fighters in CoD missions but they just fly around aimlessly trying to get shot down. I think it is in the game as a target only. I hope this gets addressed down the track. As to a Frankenplane development for IL2, that would be great! Hopefully we will be able to fly the Defiant in CoD eventually - that would be cool.

LuseKofte

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 05:14:12 AM »

Well we had the defiant discussion about IL" also. This is the thing about the ai, pilots are agressive and gunners are defending. If you set a agressive pilot on it, they will fly right into the target witch is the worst possibly you can do in a defiant. I belive this is why no modders have not tuch the plane yet

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 05:22:44 AM »

I cant really understand why the AI's is not programmed to do the defencive circle witch was the only defencive manouver that could cope with the maurading BF's

dagwood

• Install instructions: Put the thingy in the wotsit
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 01:51:51 AM »

Good point Le0ne. Front on attack is feasible in a Defiant, though, because the turret can fire forwards. Imagine a diving attack on a bomber, fly past, rotate the turret and keep firing! Makes the case though that if any plane should be flyable in CoD, it is the Defiant, because it's the only way to make the thing fly in a sensible way. The idea of programming in the defensive circle is great - that would make a squad of Defiants (or 110s, for that matter) a real challenge to take on.

I fondly remember my heavily modded Defiant from CFS1 (or 2?) that had forward firing wing mounted cannons and a Merlin engine! Strictly off-line only, mind you, but those were the days....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.