Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurricane MkII Hercules  (Read 49353 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Re: Hurricane MkII Hercules
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »

Crate looks very nice, indeed.
Just a question: how much of it were built in RL ?
My apologies if I overlooked that  anywhere, please .

rickster

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 06:51:05 AM »

Still having problems running this,even though I'm down to a 60% CTD.Do I need new buttons for this,even with UP 3.0 installed?

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »

Unfortunately 60% CTD's are human made, check you've input the correct data to the correct files.
As for this being UP3 compatable, I don't think it is yet but I am easily wrong, what buttons are you using? sometimes you need an earlier button version than the latest because of 'glitches', 'kinks' and 'fubars'.

thenextcujo

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »

I am also getting a 60% CTD with HSFX 5.01. Don't suppose it's my fault and it is compatible is it?

Günther

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 05:46:48 AM »

Even better with a hurricane Ex canopy but it still looks great!

saab ja26

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »

Have this installed in UP 3.0 without a hitch. I had to put the DifFM file into my #UP# folder. Hope this helps.
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

Pursuivant

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »

Just a question: how much of it were built in RL ?

I don't think that the Hercules powered Hurricane was ever developed beyond the prototype stage. That is, just one aircraft.

Red_Fox90

• Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:35 AM »

Sorry guys for not answering before, but i'm quite taken up by exams and RL in general.
I'll try to answer point by point:
@Rickster: i don't know if it works in UP3 as i couldn't download and test it as of yet; a 70% crash is usually dependent on a conflicting .ini file. For more info take a look here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,22.0.html
Try to follow the hint Saab_ja26 gave you.

@Razor1uk: i'm not the kind of technical guy, so i'll pass on this  :-[ maybe Anto can give you better answers.

@Uzin: none. There has never been an aircraft like this. Maybe there were proposals, some study, but a radial engined hurricane has never took to the sky, not even as a single prototype. This is just a "what if" aircraft.

As for the moment, i don't plan on making other versions of this, such as a naval one, or a teardrop canopy one. I'll see in the future, but as of now i'm working on other things in the little spare time i have.
S!

rickster

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »

Yes,it worked,did the trick.Now I'm going to try it on other planes I have disabled in the air.ini.Thanks. :)

Radoye

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »

@Uzin: none. There has never been an aircraft like this. Maybe there were proposals, some study, but a radial engined hurricane has never took to the sky, not even as a single prototype. This is just a "what if" aircraft.
Indeed there was a study proposing the use alternative powerplants in refurbished Hurricane airframes for second-line fighter duties so that the whole Merlin production could go towards Spitfires. Among the proposed engines were Napier Dagger and Bristol Hercules - but as it turned out there was no need for such acrobatics since RR was capable of producing more than enough Merlins. So this haven't gotten much further than the initial drawing stage, but it was a real project.
I'm an island, surrounded by a sea of idiots!

andrey65

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »

In the Soviet Union were the projects installed on Hurricane motors M-82 (La-5), M-88 (IL-4), etc.

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »

This mod uses DiffFM for 4.101m. Unfortunately DiffFM clashes with UP3, so this mod will only work for SAS ModAct with DiffFM.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 30 queries.