Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Philippines map V2 by Delvpier  (Read 18893 times)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: Philippines map V2 by Delvpier
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »

Just a bump in an attempt to rekindle interest.
I have been researching the campaign of 1941-42 and this map is a very worthy ( in my opinion) orphan for adoption.

Kopfdorfer ( with fingers crossed)

-bb-

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »

Hi guys! Can anyone tell me which .sfs file(s) I need to extract in order to perform geo edits to this map using the 'tool kit'. I'm working in UP3.0 based on 4.10.1
For starters I'm a nut about the Manila Bay fortified islands, and want to see what I can achieve using the 'unlocked' FMB, but the larger goal is early war missions in the lower Luzon area in general. Do not be confused if I should sound competent in any of this; I am just now starting and feeling my way along. Thank you in advance for any info/guidance that might be forthcoming.  Also the posts here seem to indicate that the in-game Philipine map is not true scale - if so, is it 2-1, 3-1? Thanks again! 
DOWN like a CLOWN

jg1234

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I found a lot of good information on the boards but am still a little uncertain.

I want to use the CVE - Part 1 campaign from the M4T site which requires the Philippines map V2 by Delvpier but am unsure if I already have it in my install.

I am running DBW 1.71 and in the "all.ini" file in the #DBW\MapMods\maps folder I have this entry

"Philippines(dlv) dlv_Philippines/load.ini"

My questions are:

1. Is this all I need ?
2. Is there anyway to tell if the map is V2?
3. If I do need to install the map ( I have the download ) do I just put it in the "maps" folder" or do I put it in the "_Tex" folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely, jg1234

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »

Hi JG,
DBW, I'm pretty sure, has the map you need.  I have not tried that particular campaign but it should work in DBW. 

jg1234

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 07:20:54 AM »

Thanks CzechTexan,

I checked again last night and I believe you are right. From what I can see it looks like I should have all the things i need in DBW 1.71.

I'll download the campaign and give it a shot tonight. Thanks again - jg1234

w

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »

screenies, screen caps?

Helen-of-Sparta

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »

Hello guys,

Is any bodys working at this map and making retexture? i am begining to consider this map to be for me my next project to retextured and populate, is a wonderful map for sure and thank you Delvpier for you hard work, i feel i give for him some love this map but only if this already is not happening.  :)

Oops sorry only did i now discovered post by Dasboot1960, i will leave him for you map and look forward to new release.  ;)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »

Just a small tip: another map in need of some tender, loving care is of course Agraciers Iraq...
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »

+1 Poltava
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Helen-of-Sparta

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 03:55:16 AM »

For sure but i do want map with dramatic scenes and for to have mountains and also valleys and also jungle or forests, this desert map he is to flat and it would be much difficult for me to maked him to look real and so i leave deserts maps for other peoples. I will find new project i do have for me some time to consider what this will be  ;)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »

Really Glad to see you are considering this Eleni.
I have collected some research materials, so PM me if you want me to share them with you.
What time period(s) are you considering?
I hope you will start with 41-42. While the battles of this time were quite lopsided in favour of the Japanese, it would set a good groundwork for a later period map (Leyte Gulf timeperiod) ; and I think adding the facilites necessary for that would be easier as a second step, than reverse engineering all the additional bases off the map to achieve the earlier time period.

Sincerely

Kopfdorfer

Helen-of-Sparta

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »

I am considering i can do something at this map and for now i only am asking questions, i did studied him this map and i did maked estimated maybes one year of work for one map version and also i not can begin for maybes 3 months map and so maybes now 15 months before map he is finished. Only do i begin to prepare for me my next project.

This is questions i must to asked at myself before i do accept him this map to be project.

1 Why have not experienced map maker decided to accept project? maybes project he is to big and also he is to difficult.
2 I am only beginner and so do i have for me skill is neccesary i can maked good work at map?
3 map he is not 1.1 scale and so is possible can be created map to become accurate, maybes 42-45 version this can not be possible with so many airfields so close at each other?
4 How can to be created sugar cane and also swamp and also rice paddy fields textures, how long can experiment with this textures to be? maybes many months to experiment.
5 Will he be usefull map for mission builders to created missions or do i wasted for me my time?
6 will map to become much big problem for me and i not can finished him map and peoples to become disapointed?

Many things i must to considered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.