Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: He-219 for 4.10m (v5 Beta)  (Read 61734 times)

Friedrich-Wilhelm

Re: He-219 for 4.10m (v5 Beta)
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »

Hi Pablo,

I sent you a PM about the Uhu-patches.

Cheers,

FW

singüe

• No por mucho amanecer, se madruga m
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »

SPECIAL COMMENT: since the last version 4 of CY6 the plane used the tracerless ammo for all the weapons. For a nightfigher it is a real problem because it is absolutely impossible to hit anything that way. I don't know how were the real bullets used by the He-219 but in game is absolutely necesary to have tracers. So I removed the tracerless weapons and set typical ones that make the plane more usable to hunt Lancasters, Halifaxes and Mosquitoes in the skies of Die Vaterland.

Hi, I don´t know how to make a quotation, but answering about that complain, I must say that I have shoot down seven Halifax in half an hour without tracers and still
had some ammo. (No mosquitoes around, of course)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »

SPECIAL COMMENT: since the last version 4 of CY6 the plane used the tracerless ammo for all the weapons. For a nightfigher it is a real problem because it is absolutely impossible to hit anything that way. I don't know how were the real bullets used by the He-219 but in game is absolutely necesary to have tracers. So I removed the tracerless weapons and set typical ones that make the plane more usable to hunt Lancasters, Halifaxes and Mosquitoes in the skies of Die Vaterland.

Hi, I don´t know how to make a quotation, but answering about that complain, I must say that I have shoot down seven Halifax in half an hour without tracers and still
Im with ya, I never had any problem shooting anything down with traceless ammunition.

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »

Where do I find Sputnik's 'Nightpatch for CY6's & 101tfs WIP He-219'?

There used to be a He-219-related thread by sputnikshock on this site, which included posts with these patches. That's where I first found them, but I don't seem to be able to find them here anymore. Perhaps, you could try to contact him directly via pm.

Cheers,

FW

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »

I have backed up all the Uhus and Patches from that Post, that has gone, here it is the infamous nightpatch:

hope this helps
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »

OK, call me a non intuitive gunner, but in my plane I think that I would have preferred ammunition with tracers.

And regarding what you say Singüe, it really seems to be too easy to shot down Halifaxes firing them to their bellies. If you come from the top or from the rear side, they welcomes you with thousands of bullets, but you can fly under a formation for 15 minutes, nobody shots you and you can hunt sitting ducks.

Something shouldn't have been like that in reality. I think that the range of the lateral and rear weapons should have be a little wider and at most, one of the planes of the formation will move to a side to be able to shoot from one of their laterals to the disturbing lower hunter. Not to say that all of them flawn with a lot of Mosquitoes covering their week positions.

And being tracerless, please tell me how long takes to you shot down a Mosquito in a 1 to 1 QMB combat. I think it would be very very difficult.

Regards,

Pablo

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »

OK, call me a non intuitive gunner, but in my plane I think that I would have preferred ammunition with tracers.

And regarding what you say Singüe, it really seems to be too easy to shot down Halifaxes firing them to their bellies. If you come from the top or from the rear side, they welcomes you with thousands of bullets, but you can fly under a formation for 15 minutes, nobody shots you and you can hunt sitting ducks.

Something shouldn't have been like that in reality. I think that the range of the lateral and rear weapons should have be a little wider and at most, one of the planes of the formation will move to a side to be able to shoot from one of their laterals to the disturbing lower hunter. Not to say that all of them flawn with a lot of Mosquitoes covering their week positions.

And being tracerless, please tell me how long takes to you shot down a Mosquito in a 1 to 1 QMB combat. I think it would be very very difficult.

Regards,

Pablo

Its really not that difficult, you put it in your gunsite, estimate lead, and pull the trigger. As long as you aren't trying to make 300 meter shots its pretty straight forward. Practice practice practice.
I mean the fact of the matter is that they didnt carry tracers, it would have given their position away, where without tracers and given the non formation composition of a bomber stream they could go on to kill bomber after bomber without bing identified.

Excerpt of a letter by Oblt. Rudolf Thun of II/NG 5.
"The 30mm MK 108 was disliked by most experienced crews. First, the muzzle flash was much too blinding for effective use at night, and secondly, the gun spring would not contain the pieces in case of a shell exploding in the barrel. Even though the German 20mm and 30mm ammunition was extremely reliable, the MG FF or MG 151 provided added safety in this respect. Accordingly, the preferred equipment of the G-4 was MG 151's forward and MG FF's for the "Schräge Musik". Experienced crews, by the way, never used tracer ammunition."

http://germanaircraftwwii.devhub.com/blog/521600-nachtjger-oblt-rudolf-thun/

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

Regards,

Pablo

Its really not that difficult, you put it in your gunsite, estimate lead, and pull the trigger. As long as you aren't trying to make 300 meter shots its pretty straight forward. Practice practice practice.
I mean the fact of the matter is that they didnt carry tracers, it would have given their position away, where without tracers and given the non formation composition of a bomber stream they could go on to kill bomber after bomber without bing identified.

Excerpt of a letter by Oblt. Rudolf Thun of II/NG 5.
"The 30mm MK 108 was disliked by most experienced crews. First, the muzzle flash was much too blinding for effective use at night, and secondly, the gun spring would not contain the pieces in case of a shell exploding in the barrel. Even though the German 20mm and 30mm ammunition was extremely reliable, the MG FF or MG 151 provided added safety in this respect. Accordingly, the preferred equipment of the G-4 was MG 151's forward and MG FF's for the "Schräge Musik". Experienced crews, by the way, never used tracer ammunition."

Good information CWMV!

That's true, I prefer the tracers because it's easier to hit your target, but I didn't know about real experiences.

Regards,
                               Pablo

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »

I don't suppose Jazz Music/NJ/NF tracer ammo could be made less bright - halfway between as is and non-existant 'for training purposes' before experten piloten replacing that Night A/C's tga for 'Tracerless'?

LtHansOhnerass

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »

Zum FW und Knochenlutscher:

Horrido!

Zehr Dank!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2011, 05:01:14 AM »

No prob, there were so many Patches and Fixes, that I collected everything and threw it a folder, just to be safe.
OK mates, here we have what you all waited for, a search in the blind thru Google gave me the records of a former Nightfighter regarding Ammunition loaded during Nightfighter Missions. Will translate my own:

http://www.fliegerhorst-venlo.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=74

...lm Bug steckten 2x 2cm Kanonen und 4x Maschinengewehre, gut munitioniert mit Kern- Spreng-und Brandgeschossen,- eine starke Feuerkraft. ...

Kerngeschosse-armour piercing ammunition
Sprenggeschosse-explosive projectiles
Brandgeschosse-incendiary projectiles

...Von unten näher heran, das Reflexvisier matt eingestellt, ...
Another interesting thing, before firing he adjusted his REVI to matte option? A cool idea, anybody knows what he means?

The 30mm MK 108 was disliked by most experienced crews. First, the muzzle flash was much too blinding for effective use at night, and secondly, the gun spring would not contain the pieces in case of a shell exploding in the barrel. Even though the German 20mm and 30mm ammunition was extremely reliable, the MG FF or MG 151 provided added safety in this respect. Accordingly, the preferred equipment of the G-4 was MG 151's forward and MG FF's for the "Schräge Musik". Experienced crews, by the way, never used tracer ammunition.

So let's say, not everyone was the Schnauffer type, with tracerless ammo loaded, the optional setting Tracer yes or Tracer No, would be therefore a good deal I think, I liked this option too. In this case a though historical loadout if you ask me. Even if I would be the shame of the Geschwader, I don't give a damn. And I'm sure there were awerage pilots who just said under the hand: "Funker Franz keep your mouth shut or I will tell that about ze suspicious etablisement in Venlo with Babette to Isolde your wife. Here, Willi, erster Waffenwart give me ze damn tracers, here are cigarettes and a fresh printed Volks-Playjunge Magazine, keep your mouth shut to the feinen Pinkel, von und zu. Tja Herr Oberleutnant Knochenheini, I need the September Edition with Leni Riefenstahl, to forget about this conversation! Verflixt und zugenäht, we have war you ihr Klapperköppe, you make me poor, Willi. " From my incomplete memories...
It seems as here at Night this is a question of experience, like in real life, Schnauffers take tracerless, while I'm with my damaged eyes must use Tracers/even with my glasses on.
Can we have the optional settings back, Please?

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Friedrich-Wilhelm

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2011, 10:04:49 PM »

...Von unten näher heran, das Reflexvisier matt eingestellt, ...
Another interesting thing, before firing he adjusted his REVI to matte option? A cool idea, anybody knows what he means?

dt.: matt = matt, dimmed, flat, in this case maybe shaded or black out?

So I think it means the nightfighter pilot dims the reticle light, he wants that not only one light is seen from the bombers crew(s) above when they look down to absolutely black ground (only water is reflecting) and search for any other suspicious light reflex...?

or, in the other way

he don't wants that the silhouette of the bomber is superimposed by the reticle?

or both ...  :D

Perhaps, the revi would emit too much of a light source at full strength, preventing the silhouette of the bomber to become fully visible in the gunsight. By toning down the brightness of the gunsight, the pilot may have been better able to see the dark outline of an enemy bomber against the dark background of the night sky? Just a guess, but that seems to me what the wording suggests.

Cheers,

FW
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 25 queries.