Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sknil.exe (beta) drawing skin in 3D by ZinoDavr  (Read 24584 times)

Arkbird

Re: Sknil.exe (beta) drawing skin in 3D by ZinoDavr
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »

@ton414
That's exactly what it looks like.
@ZinoDavr
Yes, all in the same spot.

just champi

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »

I just want to thank you again for this application, find it very useful.  :)
It loads the files very fast. You don't have to wait for Il2 to boot anymore. You can work on the fly while you are importing, to see the last changes as before, but this tool also gives you more functionality, that you can't have while you are in IL2 viewer. It lets you hide or unhide different parts and even more, letting you control wich LOD is seen or not, (very useful to work on damage or LODs) and the options for drag images and use the editor while you have this open, or show in the texture the same spot that you mark on the 3d window really helps a lot while working with skins. higly recomendable tool.
As a minor sugestion, I wonder if would be possible to include an option (a shortcut or mouse menu) to unselect the current part without needing to click on "root" to unselect something.
Also I wonder too if this app could support .dds image format as it seems that it has no problem to load CloD files without any apparent effort.
Anyway, congratulations ZinoDavr, for this little wonder application, a real must for modding!  ;)

ZinoDavr

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »

Thank you! :)
Other graphic formats - do not promise.
Localization is a major problem for now.  :-[
Try changing the file extension "*. en" in (enu ena eng enw eni enc enb enz ent enp ens) according to Table http://www.microsoft.com/typography/OTSPEC/lcid-cp.txt
I do the same in the next version, make the possibility to manually register the file of localization and remove the need to select "root".

just champi

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »

Hi, ZinoDavr,

don't let you bother for my sugestions, for me it's just fine as it is, but if you still plan to make a new update, what about considering this?:

- a "hide everything" option,

this is to make easier to see and work with some parts only and not the whole aircraft. So would be faster to hide everything, and then, to unhide only the parts that you are interested in, instead of going part by part hidding all the parts you don't want to be seen.

- maybe a menu with some kind of filter like  "Show Only..." with differents choices like:

show only... CAP meshes
           D0    "
           D1    "
           D2    "
           D3    "

I think this could be very handy when working in damage models, or cheking textures, as a direct way to access very quickly and easily to the parts you want to test or view.

-other thing that could be interesting is having an option for material textures to be able to load a different one for that part, from another texture file.

this would be handy in the case of some planes that use some other textures (usually smaller) apart of the skin, (ex, gears) for some of their parts. so you could point to a different file for this parts to make it show the right texture for them.

As a minor and unimportant thing, I also wonder if it would be possible to have perspective correction applied in the 3d window, but don't see it as something relevant, is fine as it works now.

I don't know if something of all of this is really doable, worths the effort to make it, or not, just are some things that I though about, while using your excellent tool. don't complicate yourself if you see it doesn't pay the effort for you.

About bug reporting, I 've only have encountered some memory error warnings issues from time to time but the application doesn't hangs up nor crash, and in the next try it works as usual, so maybe the issue is on my system having too much apps running on background, (XP SP3, intel core2 duo E8400 3GHz 3,50 GB RAM) so I don't considere a bug really, so far it works just fine.

Also I found your application great as learning tool, as it let you examine visually  everything inside the hier.him even the parts you can't see in the sim (useful for stock planes and specially for frankenplanes with "borrowed" hidden parts) and learn from how it is done.

And, at last, but not least, is a great time-saving and very useful as a bug reporting tool, as you can check visually if something is wrong with your parts, materials or meshes, as a whole or individually, something that you can't do in the viewer without editing the hier.him a lot and spending some more time on it.

Put in short, again: higly recomendable!   :P

keep the good work! :)

ZinoDavr

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 05:30:04 AM »

Hello, All!

Made a new localization.
Choose the language in the main menu and restart the program.
http://forum.aviaskins.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17845&d=1313000766

Waiting for test results!

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 02:04:33 AM »

I have been trying out v0.6 on the HMSWarspite model.
It seems with large models, when you rotate, parts of the model become cropped from the view window.

ZinoDavr

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 07:07:07 AM »

Thank you! It looks like I need to work with z-buffer.

ZinoDavr

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »

Draken

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 05:14:45 AM »

Hi !
Thanks .
I would like to use this app.
But I cannot find the path to .him and .mesh files of the planes .
Can you help me , please ?

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 06:06:15 AM »

you need to have the whole of il2 extracted ;)

nonaiansia

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

I just discovered this gem
thank you very much

Texx

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

Thank you very much Zino and Melissa!!

This is of great utility and is encouraging me to skin some very complex patterns.

I can asure I already made a skin that without it would have been very troublesome!

Many thanks and congratulations for your initiative and hard work!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 28 queries.