Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.  (Read 65632 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

I think that such map (Yugoslavia) can be very useful....is one of the last missing maps for early WWII scenarios....Marita deserve her map....

Goose

« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »

Hi Uzin,

the idea as such sounds very promissing. The maps of Slovenia and part of Croatia already exsist and can be merged with map of Serbia to map of Yugoslavia. Let´s wait and see what the comunity has to say.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2015, 04:34:07 AM »

Hi Uzin,
the idea as such sounds very promissing. The maps of Slovenia and part of Croatia already exsist and can be merged with map of Serbia to map of Yugoslavia. Let´s wait and see what the comunity has to say.
Avala used a little more 800000 static objects in actors.static, after merged with Croatia & Slovenia its can be up to 1500000 objects - nothing 4 powerfull cards like r9 290 or GTX970, but old @ feeble cards - brakes. Mappers who have experience with large actors know more about it.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2015, 06:53:20 AM »

Hi Uzin,
Avala used a little more 800000 static objects in actors.static, after merged with Croatia & Slovenia its can be up to 1500000 objects - nothing 4 powerfull cards like r9 290 or GTX970, but old @ feeble cards - brakes. Mappers who have experience with large actors know more about it.
It is unnecessary to have all little villages like on central Serbia Avala map, compare with map of Poland, which has about the same area of land as the supposed whole Yugoslavia map. The number of unnamed villages might be halved at least, without the worsening  of the map appearance, I think.

Radoye

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2015, 08:50:10 AM »

From the same Polish website, this could be also interesting:

http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?cat=GERJUGOSL100K&listtype=standard&listsort=sortoption1
I'm an island, surrounded by a sea of idiots!

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2015, 08:28:58 AM »

BOYAN

« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2015, 11:51:29 AM »

Damn, Yugoslavia map sounds amazing! Dreamed about it from time to time I must admit... Adriatic coast, islands, Bosnian mountains, plains of Slavonija... And not only for WW2 scenarios, 90s wars could be recreated using existing objects and airplanes...

naltar

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2015, 03:06:31 AM »

Hi,
Sorry about this late entry to the subject, I just wanted to let you know that there'll be a near-complete (missing about 6 sheets) set of British (GSGS) 1:100,000 maps of Yugoslavia available on the same site mentioned in the thread. They should appear in mid-December 2015, hopefully sooner (end of November). This will be followed by a set of GSGS 1:250,000 series (complete, I believe), then about 80+ sheets of a German 1:25,000 maps (unfortunately, not very detailed, despite the scale). There are also some other semi-related maps, i.e. 4 x pre-WW2 sheets covering Yugoslavia, and about 15 - 20 sheets of a "nationalities" map from approx. 1940, based on the old Austrian 1:200,000 maps. And a number of (up to 100) sheets by AMS, from late 1990s (mainly 50K), but all those should come up some time in early 2016.
Ah, yes, probably in the next couple of days, a Soviet army town plan of Saraievo, from around 1970s - 1980s.

Regards,
n.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2015, 05:53:28 AM »

Hi,
Sorry about this late entry to the subject, I just wanted to let you know that there'll be a near-complete (missing about 6 sheets) set of British (GSGS) 1:100,000 maps of Yugoslavia available on the same site mentioned in the thread. They should appear in mid-December 2015, hopefully sooner (end of November). This will be followed by a set of GSGS 1:250,000 series (complete, I believe), then about 80+ sheets of a German 1:25,000 maps (unfortunately, not very detailed, despite the scale). There are also some other semi-related maps, i.e. 4 x pre-WW2 sheets covering Yugoslavia, and about 15 - 20 sheets of a "nationalities" map from approx. 1940, based on the old Austrian 1:200,000 maps. And a number of (up to 100) sheets by AMS, from late 1990s (mainly 50K), but all those should come up some time in early 2016.
Ah, yes, probably in the next couple of days, a Soviet army town plan of Saraievo, from around 1970s - 1980s.

Regards,
n.
Many thanks for the info.
Woiuld you be so kind and give any links, please ?

naltar

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

oops, times fly, it's past 1st week of December, still nothing's come up. I need to pest the person who was supposed to add at least the GSGS 100K maps, because I know they're ready, just need to be linked to the index sheet. Regarding other maps I mentioned above, it looks like I won't have time to work on them until Christmas, I'm afraid. Funny how things speed up towards Christmas, so much more to do, so much less time to do it. I'll try to get something done on those maps by then.

n.

Whifflees

• I don't know what I'm doing
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2021, 01:12:21 AM »

How do I get The skin for the Mosquito

Sorry for not making new topic and for requesting this time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.