Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.  (Read 65642 times)

warhawk

Re: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »

Here are a couple of nice pics, with only the contrast adjusted in PS to look cooler.
The colors look OK for my home area in April...

And here are a couple of pics above my home town Panc(h)evo  8)

Živeli!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

Hello, and congratulations on yet another evolving masterpiece! I am facing a bizarre situation with this map in FMB; it loads fine, saves OK at first (I populated the larger part of Belgrade, set 4 Heinkel bombers on a bombing mission and 4 Hurris as interception. When I choose to play though, I only get the Hurricane (my first choice) and when I end the mission and return to the FMB map, the map shows nothing, no buildings, no Heinkels, nothing! In the mis. file, everything is there, from the static objects I placed on the map and saved...  ::) Any suggestions?
PS. I use Uuflakke's textures instead of Avala's Serbia textures.

EDIT: The shift&tab command shows no internal errors. The only warnings I get are,
warning * Buf0 : Obj: 22, Vert 153, Ind 444
warning * Buf1 : Obj:21, Vert 216, Ind 312
warning * Buf2 : Obj:64, Vert 31064, Ind 46625

EDIT: Probably I had overpopulated the map or something went wrong with saving the mission. I created a new mission, with a 'lighter' version of Belgrade and everything works fine. I am still adding objects (buildings) to the map, so if the problem reappears, this will be the reason

zakkandrachoff

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »

one question.
some of yyou can please upload a simple mission of serbia so i can load the map? but without rare modplanes. txs

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »

none of the links are working getting a file load error retrying

redko

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »

Fact is that we are already accustomed to the IL2 maps, which I think are too bright and too saturated, especially in green tones (so called Ukrainian green   ) If you have a chance to fly above Europe, you will probably notice that ground is much darker, contrasted and less color saturated than in IL2. I wanted to make something like that.

100% agree with that. The thing is the deep of colours in Il2 doesn't match with the real colours and how they evolve with the way rays of light touch the surfaces. If you only goes a little to red, or green or blue, and the colours goes always too much to red, green or blue.

Desaturating this a little may help, but we would need one day a new lighting engine.

This map recalls me great painters, michel angelo, leonardo...unachieved like most of research works, but a real thesis about how things must be done  :). Unachievement is sometimes more interresting than finished things = it shows the thinking behind.

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

So true about the colors  :)

Hang on, I will upload small update. Probably tomorrow. I think that I get the colors and light better now. It isn't bluish, and it is lighter now. Also some other minor fixes. In the next update, hopefully it will be some roads, railways, bridges . . .

It will be closer to "achieved"  :D problem is that I always have new ideas that I must try, that takes time.

redko

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »

Hi Avala.
I just posted this on MrOblongo's thread (i'm doing a repaint) about my first impressions about.....Cod map rendering. Don't know what you think about that but i would like to have your feeling about this.

The quote....

Hum....back to some years behind  ::)...

Just tested CoD. I was hoping this way to use textures and most of all transition from one texture to another one would be just a bad dream forever. THE thing i was fighting against is making his return = the disgusting grey spots....

texture falling from nowhere...

Don't want to make a debate about Cod after all what have been said but....this is a regression. Not only compared to my own work (no personal glory guys...) but just take a look to Mixx maps for exemple, all the efforts made from month and month to make the map modding skip out of this archaic method of representation.

Look that uniform grey...what's the problem guys, is this so hard to paint it manually and difference of tones ? Looks like Super Mario Bross. What the fuck is going on here ? Please take Mixx on the team guys....I could help if were in Russia but please, don't work like that.

Sorry guys but i'm so sad

To many red in the colours. Bad filters, looks like Birds of prey....and arcade game. This not how light and colours work for real.

redko

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »

Looking around a little bit more my final opinion is that at least in terms of texturing this is really a regression.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »

Looking around a little bit more my final opinion is that at least in terms of texturing this is really a regression.

I've said something about COD here and there what I like and what I don't like but the main thing is it is too much based on default IL2 (just like the official IL2 patches, if modifications never existed), in COD main focus was/is based on cockpits which looks nice and the rest of it seems to be like homework or just 'a job'.  Sorry to say but London is created by Russian developers who don't seem to have any affinity with the UK or have never been there besides a short business trip. It is exactly like another member said: "London looks like Leningrad at the Thames. " Spot on. I couldn't have said it better.
Imagine British game developers creating Moskou or Leningrad/St. Petersburg in front of their monitors just with online documentation in a tiny office.
It's a game compiled of several elements which don't have a unitity.
If a computer game does have a beating heart this one is missing one. It is just a collection of elements.
Unfortunately.

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »

I still cant believe that THAT is actually real IL2 CoD. I'm really hoping that Oleg would pop of off somewhere and say "April fools day joke ha-haaaa".

I agree with Uufflakke, thats just a collection of elements, where planes are new, but the ground is from original IL2. What, where, and why did they doing 7 years. All the bad things from IL2 is here again.

The only modern thing that I saw on the ground is normal mapping, and even that looks too much uniform and generic, it is looking like the ground is made with painted plaster. This is not Wings of Prey, WoP had very decent ground, only with silly chroma post procesing efects. I mean look this, and compare it with CoD:

This must be some old IL2 rejected map . . .

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »

My little experiment with textures came out very good. I made textures blurred on purpose, so that all job with details is done by Bump textures. The result is that overall textures are much better blended now, and further reduced tiling. And the best is that details are more visible and are moving with the sun.

Now I know that I made fields too small, should be bigger for better look. Also tree rows should be better. Looks something like this now: (maybe needs just a little desaturisation)

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 12:18:05 AM »

Beautiful map Avala Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.