Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.  (Read 65637 times)

mandrill

• Modder
Re: Map of Serbia (part of former Yugoslavia) Unfinished.
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:22 AM »

Col King, try to load again and press shift-tab and the game will tell you what is wrong. The message above is just a generic error message that gives no info.

Stanko-01

• Skinner
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »

Great map....+ 5 stars for reality

Hvala ti  ;)

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »

I like the way you populated the villages and towns on the city textures, very lifelike.  8)
And to comment to your post from yesterday 16:30 o'clock, you don't have to ask permission to use the Southern European House pack I created. It is free to use to everyone that's why I released it. Funny to see the SE houses popping up on many maps like Meditterranen, Latin American, West Africa, and even Russia.

About your map: the green coloured textures are bit too blueish in my opinion.
I noticed when inflight and using the mini-map I got a huge fps drop. And without mini-map everthing is back to normal again.
After resizing the ed_m01.tga to 25% problem I can use the mini-map without any problem.

Just a screenshot of a nice area:

EDIT: As we are free to use Avala's textures to our own will I decided to adjust colours of all textures into a yellowgreen summer look . At the moment Serbia looks like this on my PC.
Didn't take that long to change colours of tga's (about half an hour).

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Mixx

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »

Thank  Avala! :D
Very beautiful new textures, towns, villages, forests, rural fields!
Beautiful combination of on the map.
A gift to all fans of Europe!
In all guess the master's hand.

Textures are not too dark? I understand that the textures are made especially for Serbia.
But maybe add a little yellow? At least the color of the texture of trees?
Apologies for the intervention, but this is just my opinion...

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »

It's really great that a new trees set of textures was made especially for this map. And a set that moreover shows practically no tiling at all ... that s very useful for other maps as well. As they are now, the trees set will be great to use as jungle trees ...

And indeed, if you finds the colors a bit too blueish or too dark for the Balkans, then editing them into another tint and hue is as easy as pie.

Great work.

warhawk

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

Svaka cast, majstori! Odlicna mapa.
Sad nam samo još IK-3 fali (trep trep)  :P

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

Believe me guys, the colors and light are correct for April. Really vegetation is more green bluish with overall drab tone of the ground then yellowish. It is yellow more at late sumer and in autumn. If you use 4.10 try to play with date and time settings, it can be brighter. But it is really different then IL2 maps colors, Slovakia for example is too much yellow for Serbia in any time of year. You can also check it and compare on Google Earth.

Even it is in Balkans, it would be mistake to compare ground in Serbia with Greece for example, two very different things.

Here is some examples:

Some more here:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=402679&page=2

Anyway, everyone can change it to his (or hers) own preferring  ;)

And there is a easier way to change lighting, also affects color:

In the texture folder you will find text file called: "Zemlja.mat". Right now it is written:

[LightParams]
  Ambient 0.20
  Diffuse 1.45

If you want ground more bright, and also more vivid colors, just change setings to biger number for example:

[LightParams]
  Ambient 1.20
  Diffuse 2.45

And there will be one "Voilaaa!"  :)

@mad_pilot
There was one version with surrounding countries, in order to play April war campaign. But it was too large for IL2. It could go, but with none or very little objects on it. It looked very poor.

@Col. King
There is file "SrbijaDrvoTL.tga", it is tree. I don't know why your game cant open it. I can only suggest to erase everything and to install it again. Are you running in perfect or excellent mode?

@agracier
Thanks master  :)
Notice also how shades for textures are placed on map_t, not so in blocks, its more "spoty" (took me hours in photoshop  :P ). Textures are divided in two major group which are diferent in colours and tones "sumadija_fields" and "vojvodina_fields", so that they could be blended easier.

And just splash some yellow on that trees if there is a need   ;D

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »

Uufflakke, will you share that repaint? I like the map but with this repaint will be even better for my taste.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

Notice also how shades for textures are placed on map_t, not so in blocks, its more "spoty"

I did indeed notice. I thought you worked with some kind of random noise generating filters or 'blot' creating filters (essentially the same but with more control over how placement is done).

But the new trees you made are still a real gem. Overlooked so often in modding, they are otherwise an important component in imparting a good feel to maps. And the invariable tiling on most tree sets was often too pronounced. You found a good way of avoiding that. Your trees or your method for making tree sets is really a good template for making yet more variations of trees.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »

Uufflakke, will you share that repaint? I like the map but with this repaint will be even better for my taste.

Yes, I think Uuff is the colour king! I hear what Avala is saying about specific Serbia colours, but they really do look too dark and blue-ish.

If the Uuff re-colouring could also be uploaded, I think many of us would be pleased.

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »

Its just hard brush of 2 or 3 pixels and manual spraying over some areas.

Well, Serbia is dark and blue country  :D

Guys, if someone want it brighter try this:

https://www.mediafire.com/?uiab4h22c00ig7p

Just put it in texture folder. Path is like this: MODS\MAPMODS\Maps\_Tex\Avala\serbia, drop it there, and it will be different. Don't forget to save previous version, just in case.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »

Yes, I think Uuff is the colour king! I hear what Avala is saying about specific Serbia colours, but they really do look too dark and blue-ish.

If the Uuff re-colouring could also be uploaded, I think many of us would be pleased.

Sorry guys, I just made this colour variation for my own fun and personal taste. Not realizing that others would have it also.
And will not share it as it is Avala's map creation and he knows way better than I how Serbia looks.
But I see he made another download link available of Serbia for those who prefer a brighter version.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 27 queries.