Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NACHTJAGD MISSION GENERATOR - Dozens of nightfighting missions in a few clicks.  (Read 6021 times)

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR

New link is up and I hope it works now.
Seems like the problem was too much data going into one cell and some formulas being too long for anything but the latest OpenOffice version.
I split it into smaller pieces and added some intermediate steps. Tried to open it in excel 2000 on a different machine, and it loaded without any problems. Saved it there so you guys should hopefully don't experience compatibility errors anymore. Please let me know if it works.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.

Opens perfectly now!
Hmmm...4.101/SAS Modact+Buttons 8.1 CTD at 60% with either the Uhu or Halifax.
EDIT:
Opened the program, copied the light and blue sections as specified, made a folder put them into it and placed into the campaign DE folder. Nothing showing up.
This is beyond me. Ill wait for one of the experts to figure it out.

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane

When I did it I had to remove the quotes "" at the beginning and end of the copied mission text. That seemed to do it.

CWMV

• Modder

I had no such quotation marks.
Is it up and running for you CY6?

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR

When I did it I had to remove the quotes "" at the beginning and end of the copied mission text. That seemed to do it.
Strange. How did you get these? Could you specify where exactly you found them? I looked through everything but I don't seem to get any quotation marks...

Opens perfectly now!
Hmmm...4.101/SAS Modact+Buttons 8.1 CTD at 60% with either the Uhu or Halifax.
EDIT:
Opened the program, copied the light and blue sections as specified, made a folder put them into it and placed into the campaign DE folder. Nothing showing up.
This is beyond me. Ill wait for one of the experts to figure it out.
I haven't tried it with 4.101 yet. I guess CTD occurs when you load the mission, not the game? Are you referring to the modded aircraft or to the mission file?
With the .mis and _ru.properties files, try this: Go to ...\IL-2 1946\Missions\Single\DE\ and make a new folder, for example Nightfighting or whatever. Copy the files to this folder and access them under single mission in IL-2. It might not work when you place them in the campaign folder.

If it's the mission file causes the trouble, try this: Open it with a text editor and delete everything from including [Wing] down to (excluding) [NStationary].
Try if you can load the mission. If it does, there's something wrong with aircraft configuration:

Load an empty map (any) in the FMB, set up the planes you would like to have in the mission, including one set up as a player aircraft. Make sure you use planes that you know will work in the game. Save the file and open it in text editor. Take the plane configurations from this file and enter them in the green cells on the spreadsheet 'userinterface' tab. Create a mission and try again. Finally, you can also try to put nothing into the skin cell. I encountered planes not loading when set to skin0.

Now, if the mission file with all the plane data deleted doesen't load, check if you can load it in the FMB. If you can hit shift+tab and see if any error messages appear at the bottom of the long list (the bridge too long thing seems to be normal with this map. Just ignore it).
If this doesn't work or produces any clues to what is causing problems, delete the gound control mod units from the mis file (should be 40_static to 43_static, plus 245_static to 248_static). Also try and delete all the radio beacons. I am curious what is incompatible with v4.101...

Hope this helps.

CWMV

• Modder

No CTD at game launch for the Uhu or Halifax, but thats a separate issue I suppose.
Crap I wasn't putting them in the single missions folder, I should have realized that. I'm blaming my insomnia and vicoten!
Will try this again later.

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane

Mine just had quotes around the mission file when I copied it, don't know where they came from. Also, although the mission looked nice and neat in the cell, when I copied it it had no formatting. It still ran but it was very hard to decipher visually.

Also, when I opened up the mission Only one of the halifaxes had waypoints, the others only had one waypoint each...

It might be something to do with my set up, though...

Friedrich-Wilhelm

Thanks for uploading the new version, Sputnikshock,

The Excel file now opens without problems, but when I copied the content of the light blue cell, just like Checkyersix, I ended up with the quotation marks at the start of the  .mis file. However, thanks to all the tips in this thread, that was easily fixed. The mission loaded just fine in FMB, and all aircraft have more than one waypoint, but when I tried to play it, my Uhu started the mission wheels up and on its belly, beside the runway.
But at least, I am now a few steps further than after the first download. I will have to experiment with it some more, to learn the ins and outs of this neat mission generator.  :)

Cheers,

FW

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR

Concerning quotation marks: I seriously have no clue where these come from... which excel/calc versions are you using? Maybe I have to start looking into version compatibility. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience. Version 2 will have a way better method of getting the mission files.

Concerning waypoints: I set up the bomber streams in a way that only the lead flight has a full set of waypoints while the trailing ones have just two each and their target set to the lead bombers. This saves waypoints and makes data handling easier. Did a lot of fast forward testing of whole missions and it worked nicely. There is one drawback: during airspawn, in the larger formations a few bombers often collide mid-air. Anyway, this frequently happened in the real bomber streams so I could live with this trade off and get tightly packed formations instead. If you need the .mis file in standard formatting just open the mission briefly in FMB and resave. Il-2 will reformat it in the well structured manner it always does.

Concerning the no wheels problem: I experienced this as well. Let me guess, you went into the aircraft customization menue before clicking the fly button. Usually when I do this the 219 ends up wheels up on the runway. Seems to be an aircraft problem. My workaround is: If I want to change gunsight distances, I load a different plane, do the changes, and then the game will remember them for the next 219 mission. Works for me.

CWMV

• Modder

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Man I'm so close!
219/Halifax working, mission generator working (I'm not getting any sort of punctuation marks in my mission files), but there's always something.
First, I cant edit the aircraft armaments at all. The button in the mission briefing just clicks, and does nothing else.
Second, I did get the 219 on its belly beside the runway once. I tried to generate a different mission and load it but this brings us to...
Third, all other missions started with my 219 trying to occupy the same space as a -110. I see a cockpit for a split second and then all explodes.
Other than that, great stuff! :D

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR

First, I cant edit the aircraft armaments at all. The button in the mission briefing just clicks, and does nothing else.
Second, I did get the 219 on its belly beside the runway once. I tried to generate a different mission and load it but this brings us to...
Third, all other missions started with my 219 trying to occupy the same space as a -110. I see a cockpit for a split second and then all explodes.
Other than that, great stuff! :D

Glad you like the bits and and pieces that ARE working... lol
You are on 4.101 right?
I had the -110 taking off right through my cockpit once. Was kind of shocked...quit the mission...loaded the same mission again (but restarted IL-2 before) without any changes and ended up sitting on the runway with a peaceful -110 right behind me. Just waiting there as it should. Never got this bug again. So, to be honest, I am clueless and filed it under IL-2 hickups.
Try setting all the weapons config to "weapons default" in the xls. Can you access the loadout screen in other missions?
Maybe also try using a -110 as your plane and see if everything else works. We should first find out wether it's a 219 problem or a .mis problem. Feel free to PM me your buggy .mis files.

CWMV

• Modder

Ok will do, Ive got 4 virus/malware scanners going right now but Ill give it another go when they finish.
Files inbound via PM...
Oh and yes 4.101+ModAct.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.