Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 100% QMB crash  (Read 1486 times)

XB-49

100% QMB crash
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

I have this problem with my old 4.09 install.  When loading reaches 100% in QMB, my screen turns completely blue (although sometimes a bit of ingame scenery can be seen in the bottom left corner), flashes, and my game crashes soon after that.  I haven't really done much in between my last sucessful game and now.  However, I do suspect that it might be a conf .ini issue.  Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions to help solve this problem of mine?

XB-49   

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: 100% QMB crash
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:54 PM »

can you give us any specifics - does this happen with any aircraft, or just a specific one?
same question for map.....
does your error log show anything that might help us?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

XB-49

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »

I have experimented with at least ten different aircraft on all the QMB maps and the problem still occurs.  My error log just states that my game has stopped working.  One thing I should add, just before I had this problem my QMB missions would fail to load at 90% due to an absent "Russian Paratrooper Mesh."  I started playing around with my QMB entries (which I had updated just prior to that) in an attempt to fix my problem; which is why I strongly suspect it has something to do with this new problem.

XB-49

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »

the paratroopers error is actually a memory crash - so, something is causing you a memory crash, maybe the map, i've also had it happen while using certain weather/cloud mods, like Bender's.
for the memory isssue, it might be a good idea to try a different exe, there are others available which might help.
but before that, if you use QMB/Mission Pro, then try this. look inside your IL2/Quicks folder, and if you have a mission called last.quick, delete it and then start up the game and see what happens.
it's happened to me on one or two occasions that the 'property' that caused the initial crash is held in the settings of this mission, which is loaded first upon restarting, and this might be the cause in this case. the mod will automatically create a new last.quick mission, hopefully this time it shouldn't crash the game.
you should also try and remember what settings (planes/maps, etc) you were using when you initially got the paratrooper/memory crash, as that might still be a problem - if so, refer to my first point.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 02:22:39 AM »

yep paratrooper crash is definitely a memory issue. You can try to use S3TC texture compression, set it with il2setup before launching the game 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 26 queries.