Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Command and Control Mod v 1.11  (Read 102135 times)

AMK

Re: Ground Control Mod v 1.04
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »

if GCI show height  enemy above 100m or 500m it would be much realistic.
Dont make sounds massage. There are so many if we play offline campaign, that its will be to much.
This mod is great fun.  make same map with ypurs object to multi game. For sure not only server need this mod, players need it too.
GREAT JOB !!!

Gattobuono

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 09:09:04 AM »

I'd love to try this mod but I can't seem to get it from Mediafire. It keeps giving me the message "The server replies that you don't have permission to download this file: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"

Any help, or better still another link (i.e. not Mediafire!) would be much appreciated, thanks.

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »

Ok, I put up a mirror.

Gattobuono

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »

Great, thanks CY6, I'm off to try it out now. By the way, didn't good old European Air War have a ground control that directed you to, or warned you about approaching enemies? I'm just thinking about those sound files. Perhaps it would be possible to do a bit of recycling!

Gattobuono

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 03:12:45 AM »

CY6, I tried to get this mod running last night but without any success. My game always crashes at 70% loading.
I put the Ground Control mod in my mod folder as usual, then extracted the stationary.ini from the .sfs file, modified it by adding the lines from your read-me, and dropped it into to STD folder with the other .ini files. Tried starting the game, and as I said, it crashes at 70%. If I remove the stationary.ini the game loads as normal, but of course I don't get the new entries in FMB stationary objects list.
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here, or perhaps there is a conflict with another mod, but I can't imagine what.

Once again, any help would be appreciated, thanks, gwpc

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »

GWPC !
I put the text add into the Stationary .ini in the STD folder in Mods folder,  works here.
Benno

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:25 AM »

@GWPC -

Are you using UP 2.01 or HSFX? Usually they have their own stationary.ini file included, you shouldn't have to extract one from the .sfs.

Also check for other stationary files in the Il-2 Folder\Files\ folder, you might have a conflict.

Gattobuono

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »

No, I'm not using UP 2.01 or HSFX, just my own selection of mods mainly from this site. I'll do a bit of checking for other possible stationary.ini files. I've also got a second install with the 4.10 patch and less mods in the folder (I mostly still play with the 4.09 version which I've tweaked to my liking), so I'll try it out on that set up and see if it crashes there as well.

thanks, gwpc

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »

Checkyersix,

I've been having a ton of fun just making little missions to try out the different parts of this mod.  In the words of "Tony the Tiger" it's Grrrrreat!!

I was wondering, could there be a version that reports in non-metric "English" units like feet and MPH? The old men that are running the observer corps on my Battle of Britain missions have been reported ordering .57 liters of Ale at the local pub instead of a Pint.   ;)  Strange case of "combat fatigue" I guess.

Seriously, this thing is so great that it wouldn't matter either way, but it would enhance the 'immersion' factor a little bit for us that like to fly Spits and Hurri's.   :)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 06:33:01 AM »

Yep, I'm planning an "Allied" version of the GCI that will report altitude in non-metric measures. When I make more specific radars allied RO's will also report in feet and MPH.

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:12 AM »

Awesome.  Thanks.

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »

Strange thing.

Tonight I was using the GCI object and I noticed that when the enemy aircraft flew out of range (I assume) of the radar, I started getting map grid info on them, like with a Ground Observer (OBS).

More specifically, I was flying on the Berlin map.  I had the GCI object located in the center of B-5, when the enemy fighters flew east to the L-7 sector I started getting OBS map grid info on them.

FYI
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.