Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Sniper Turret Gunner Fix v 1.1  (Read 37282 times)

gprr

Re: Sniper Turret Gunner Fix v 1.0
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 03:59:22 AM »

Thanks a lot Checkyersix 8)

Is it relevant/Can Mod with same thinking like be applied for enemy AI pilot at 12 oclock of human plyer? 8) 8) 8)

Thanks
GP

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 05:02:26 AM »

Not sure what you mean. You mean AI turrets firing at human players, or AI fighters coming at players head on?

The mod as-is affects player as well as AI turrets.

gprr

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 05:56:17 AM »

Not sure what you mean. You mean AI turrets firing at human players, or AI fighters coming at players head on?

Thanks for swift reply

I meant for this: when I'm on enemy AI fighter,6 Oclock, it is toying with me with meny small movements(no matter his skils...) while other firiendly AI's have much easier time shooting down enemy AI's....

Thanks
GP

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
Re: Sniper Turret Gunner Fix v 1.1
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 05:56:51 AM »

Ok, new version up (1.1), check above.

This version depletes the turret gunners' carrot ration. They no longer have super night-vision and will not track targets further away than 400m between the hours of 21:00 and 5:00. AI skill has a big effect on whether they even open up on you...

I also combined it with Riken's mod so that it's all in one package, since almost everyone was dl'ing the combined one anyway ;)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 06:00:02 AM »

Thanks for swift reply

I meant for this: when I'm on enemy AI fighter,6 Oclock, it is toying with me with meny small movements(no matter his skils...) while other firiendly AI's have much easier time shooting down enemy AI's....

Thanks
GP

I've looked through the AI code pretty thoroughly for some of my mods and I don't think the AI treats other AI planes differently than the player. It might be that other AI planes don't maneuver as much because the pursuing AI planes don't maneuver as much either. From what I can tell, the AI just has a series of defensive "moves" it uses when an enemy is behind it at different ranges and under different circumstances...

gprr

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 06:13:44 AM »

Thanks for swift reply

Thanks
GP

I've looked through the AI code pretty thoroughly for some of my mods and I don't think the AI treats other AI planes differently than the player. It might be that other AI planes don't maneuver as much because the pursuing AI planes don't maneuver as much either. From what I can tell, the AI just has a series of defensive "moves" it uses when an enemy is behind it at different ranges and under different circumstances...

Well, for a moment there was some hope for "removing" AI's eyes, located in his back of it's head, seeing through metal and penetrating human minds...
 ;D
Thanks a lot Checkyersix
GP

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »

Thanks CY6 for the update.

Really appreciate your work mate, and the swiftness with which you updated it.

Have not got time to test at the moment, but i'm sure it will be spot on.

regards

slipper

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »

right...i understand now.  not really for AI turrent gunners though...rather for AI fighter planes.

it seems the AI has rear radar vision...  being able to 'sense' when you are behind him and within gun range whether he can actually 'see' you or not.  this is an old irratating problem with the game.  also...  the AI seem to be able to 'know' when you're going to pull the trigger.  many times...just as you put your finger on the trigger button to shoot and the instant you actually press the key...he will jenk to one side or the other in a series of small, micro moves almost guaranteed to throw off your aim and make you miss.  (this is usually right as you press the trigger but before the bullets actually leave the gun barrels.)  if you do not start to shoot, he will continue to fly along in a perfectly straight line.  lol.

the final irratating thing...  is he knows when you're out of ammo.  many, many times you will have a DEVIL of a time staying with him in his defensive manuvers...however, as soon (i mean the instant) you run out of ammo...he will suddenly consider you harmless and discontinue 99 percent of his defensive flying allowing you to pull right up on his tail and put him right into your gun site ring...cause he knows you can't kill him now.  lol.  a hell of a thing him being able to count the bullets in your guns to know when you are empty.

:P
Ugh, preach it brother. +1 to all.

panzer1b

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »

i have 2 questions,

1st: would it be possible to have turrets fire at ground enemies (eg ack-acks, trucks, and maybee tanks), as they completely disregard those.....

and according to my sources, although not very common as the main bombers would tend to fly to high, and smaller ground attack planes didn't have ball turrets or guns below them, the rear gunner would still fire at anything which was of a threat if no other aircraft were nearby

it would add to any ground attacker's game alot, as the immersion would improve alot, just having the gunner fire at ground targets would be so cool to see, as especially b25 raids would be very nice.  even if the gunners didn't do anything to the target, just having them fire occasionally would be both realistic and add to the game

but i guess this won't happen likely as most modders have moved on to 4.10....i'm just waiting for all my planes to be ported, as i just cannot see me flying il2 with just the stock list and maybee 4 or 5 addon planes....

2nd, is there a way to get the 3 mods separetely, as i would like to test each mod alone

by this i mean a separete mod for the accuracy tweaks, separate speed tweak, and separate night ranges

not that it is that important, and i really like the mod, but i would love to test everything separately and use it to compare the differences in code (i am trying to learn coding and still cannot figure it out 100%)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »

i have 2 questions,

1st: would it be possible to have turrets fire at ground enemies (eg ack-acks, trucks, and maybee tanks), as they completely disregard those.....

and according to my sources, although not very common as the main bombers would tend to fly to high, and smaller ground attack planes didn't have ball turrets or guns below them, the rear gunner would still fire at anything which was of a threat if no other aircraft were nearby

it would add to any ground attacker's game alot, as the immersion would improve alot, just having the gunner fire at ground targets would be so cool to see, as especially b25 raids would be very nice.  even if the gunners didn't do anything to the target, just having them fire occasionally would be both realistic and add to the game

but i guess this won't happen likely as most modders have moved on to 4.10....i'm just waiting for all my planes to be ported, as i just cannot see me flying il2 with just the stock list and maybee 4 or 5 addon planes....

2nd, is there a way to get the 3 mods separetely, as i would like to test each mod alone

by this i mean a separete mod for the accuracy tweaks, separate speed tweak, and separate night ranges

not that it is that important, and i really like the mod, but i would love to test everything separately and use it to compare the differences in code (i am trying to learn coding and still cannot figure it out 100%)

I've been working on turret ground targeting, but it's tough going so far. I've had some success, but mostly wonky results...

Here's the original accuracy fix for turrets: http://www.mediafire.com/?pvga971415276px

I'm not going to separate the night fix, too much work, but Riken's turret fix is available separately, just PM him.

panzer1b

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »

thx for the linx, i'll pm riken as well to get the other one, i just like to be able yto test everything separately

also one small problem i see, the turrets tend to freeze up when a plane flies past the bomber, and takes them say about 5 seconds to actually resume turning.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »

Another great mod from CY6, that we have needed for a long time!!!
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 28 queries.