Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: ShipPack2 for v4.10 and v4.09  (Read 50843 times)

hello

• aka Aufpassen! aka Alfie!
Re: ShipPack2 for v4.10 and v4.09
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2014, 04:30:50 AM »

The "error message" is I think telling you that you have class files without the corresponding 3d model.  ---- "<mesh> not found"
The three listed are all included in the ShipAshe classes.
Do you have USS Lexington - Coral Sea version (not the stock version), HMS Cossack and HMS Jupiter installed?

This should not cause any problems.

I believe I do. There is a long list of these errors ( all ships) of which I only posted three. The ship mod came with the new TFM (4.12 version).

Where do I find the original mod? I can then compare the different entries for these ships in order to check if they are correct or not.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2014, 04:47:48 AM »

hello, you have provided error messages, which is good - but, you have failed to say what's happening 'physically' in-game...... do the ships appear or not?
why i ask this, is that these sort of error messages can be pretty common, due to multiple reasons, but in most cases, the ships work fine, it's just log errors.
if you are just worried about the error messages, i say ignore them.
if the ships are working, then they are working.
if, otoh, they aren't working, we will need to investigate more.
i often see these log errors, but as the ships work fine in the game, i simply ignore them.
we are working on new java methods to eliminate these errors, but most of them do not have an impact on the game itself.
so please let us know if you are just concerned with the log messages, or if the ships in fact don't work in the game.
there is a difference, and we need to know, otherwise you are sending us on a wild goose chase for no real reason.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

hello

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2014, 06:07:06 AM »

Hi there Malone,
Thanks for the pointers. it is just the log errors that got me worried. So that means, it is not that big a deal.  I have the ships installed from the new TFM, everything seems to be working fine, but I cannot find these ships in the game. I understand now that there probably are some class files that refer to these ships, but they are not installed.

I can check my self if the needed entries for a mod pack are in place. The thing is, I cannot find the mod pack that installs these ships.

If somebody can point me to the mod mod pack in question, I'd be very grateful ( I did try the search function, but did not come up with something conclusive).

Best regards

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2014, 06:35:32 AM »

As Malone has mentioned, don't worry about these error messages if your game is working ok. What they indicate is that you have some redundant class file entries which are not being used. This is possibly because the same model has been installed using other class file sets, such as those provided with HSFX7. You do not need to worry about this unless you find you have a model missing.

As an example, look in FMB, View, Objects, Ships.  You should have two entries for USS Lexington one of which is indicated as 1942 version.
Do you have both of these?    If so then you have no problem.
Let us know if you are missing any particular models in the FMB Objects menu.

The original USS Lexington - 1942 model is here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20321.0.html
The original HMS Cossack model is here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12200.0.html
The original HMS Jupiter model is here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12191.0.html

Ashe

hello

« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »

Thank you, Ashe. I'll be able to sort it now.

And more importantly, also many, many thanks for all these great add-ons!

Best regards!

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »

... many THX too, Ashe and Malone, now I understand why I have all these alarms about Mesh etc ... since my Ship0 >>> Ship4 folders are empty, same with HMS Tribal ...  ;)

I just tried (because I don't like alarms in my beloved game ...  :P) putting the content of my Transport1 etc ... inside my Ship0 etc ... but to no avail ...  :D

That would have been too easy ...   ;D

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »

Ship0, Ship1, Ship2, Ship3 and Ship4 have always been provided in ShipPack as "spare" slots to enable you to clone existing models.
You will also find them in HSFX.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2015, 03:03:41 AM »

TroopTrans0             Armed Troop Transport    (works no problem)
TroopTrans1             Kinou                            (does not appear)
TroopTrans2             Springfjord                     (does not appear)
TroopTrans3             Rudesheimer                   (does not appear)
This error has existed since the dawn of time (4.09) !
I seem to remember that a pack is to add / edit these three ships!
Or I seem to remember that it is enough to read the first post!
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.