Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: AI ground attack upgrade v 1.03  (Read 16054 times)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
Re: AI ground attack upgrade v 1.03
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 06:20:22 AM »

Sorry Mick but I can't replicate the error. Planes taking off from test airfields all work fine, including Klaus' mission. Are you using the latest version (1.03)? There was an issue with 1.02.

If you still have the error with 1.03, could you try removing it and running one of the problem missions to see if this is the mod that is causing the trouble?

Thanks,

CY6.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »

Yes I confirm the "bug" with  v1.03, the only ways to avoid the memory crash (at least for me) are :

1) remove the mod (but I want to keep it ...)

2) keep the mod but delete the "xxxx_Static" take off lines

Very curiously (but may be this is normal) if I delete the [Stationary] line of .mission 5 for ex, but keep the "xxxx_Static" take off lines and your mod, then the Brit AC find themselves dispersed among the palm trees and crash against them on take off ... but then I don't have the memory crash ...!!

Don't you worry Checkyersix, especially since it looks like I am the only one to get that "bug" ...  ;)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »

It's strange because this mod doesn't change anything to do with takeoffs or landings. I can only assume that there's a conflict between this one and another one you have installed. Are you running CERT's AI mod as well, or Frog's formation mod? Maybe Zuti's MDS?

And yes, removing the waypoint target would make the planes disperse where-ever the takeoff waypoint is actually set. I wonder, have you tried taking off from carriers? This is starting to seem like something to do with the carrier catapult mod (the AI treat invisible airstrips like carriers).

If you don't have Fireball's carrier mod, maybe try installing that one (make sure the ground attack mod loads above it).

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »

The only mod I run among those you quoted is CERT's AI one ...

I never take off, or worse, land on carriers, this is far too tricky, nauseous and dangerous ...!!   ;D

But well as long as I  am the only one to have this "bug", don't you please waste your time trying to fix it ...!  ;)

I have the fix, delete the "_Static" take off lines whenever I see one, done !!  ;D

THX again for sharing CY6  :P

Pressler

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

Hello,
my game also freezes few seconds after mission start. No ZUTI-MDS, no Formation-Mod and Certificate's AI-Mod disabled.

<Gunny>

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »

I have a plain install of 4.09m plus the SaS MODACT 2.3 Beta and all works like a dream.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »

Hello,
my game also freezes few seconds after mission start. No ZUTI-MDS, no Formation-Mod and Certificate's AI-Mod disabled.

Welcome to the club mate, now I don't feel lonely anymore ... :P

You have exactly what I got, a game  freeze a few seconds after mission start even before you take off ... so I suspect some other AI squad taking off somewhere, try to check your .mis file to see if there is an AI squad taking off or getting ready to do so ... If this is the case just edit the mission by deleting the TAKEOFF line for this quad (and all other squads that are going to take off including yours) in the .mis file, and give it another try ... and report back please ... ;)

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

Try it with Cert's AI mod and the catapult mod installed. I based this mod on the AI + Catapult mod, so it might require that one to run properly.

I might do a "vanilla" version for people who don't use the AI + catapult mod...

Pressler

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 02:56:22 AM »

Hello,
I activated the "AI_3_0_and_Carrier_Takeoff_5_3_3"-Mod and now it works. It doesn't work if only the AI-Mod is activated because, as Checkyersix have said, his mod is also based on the catapult mod.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 06:50:32 AM »

THX for reporting back Pressler , after viewing a few screenies of the catapult mod I now better understand my memeory crash, since the AI AC are spawn the same way in the "xxx_Static" TAKEOFF .mis that made my game crash ...

So I guess there is a relationship between the way AC are spawn, the Catapult mod and CY6's mod ...

I believed we have now reached a point where the more mods are released and the more potential conflicts there are ... and I don't even use a pack ... ::)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »

The high number of mods developed need that users search for conflict between the new mods and the others already installed (an useful tool is the 'mods conflict revealer' that allow you to search doubled class files that can interfere....).

Anyway I feel that a little standardization of a basic common mods can be useful in the future but I believe that is better wait fo the Daidalos new patch release search for it!

All the best!

walter

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 02:00:30 AM »

THX for the tip Walter, but couldn't find that "mods conflict revealer" of yours (I of course made a search here) could you please point us to it ?  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.