Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Hawaiian Islands repaint by Whitecat - Download now v1.1  (Read 58404 times)

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
Re: Hawaiian Islands repaint by Whitecat - Download now v1.1
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »

Well, it looks great but I have some problems with it. I couldn't save missions so I checked it with static.ini checker. Here is what I miss:

- from actors.static:
buildings.House$FordIslandTower
buildings.House$Human_09D

-from actors_t.static:
buildings.Mountain$whc_Suribachi_Inv_Post

Here comes the question: where can I find those objects?

EDIT: Ok, I found FordIslandTower but i can't find the rest. Any ideas?

EDIT2: Ok, I found Homan_09D as well, now, where can I find whc_Suribachi_Inv_Post?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »

the Human object comes from one of the infantry mods, can't remember which right now, will check for you.
but, it irks me! why do some mapmakers go and put an object like a human figure in the map?
it's just silly, and really not needed at all...that's what regular FMB is for, but hey, that's just my thoughts on that.... ::)
and mati, what on earth is the actors_t.static.....i'm pretty sure the map isn't reading that, although the static checker might, so i wouldn't worry about that right now. we need to find your missing human first.... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:42 AM »

All you fellows need is in the first post there at AAS, just follow the instruction notes and read the readme,
3-4 mods required IIRC:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=21776

After downloading the map and the objectspack and installing one additional mod (link included in readme) the map was good to go. You will need a.o. the new tarmac plates.

Hope that helped..

Regards

Tom

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »

thanks, hopefully that'll help mati out.
mati, you need to remember, if d/l'ing a retextured map without having the original, it stands to reason that you'll need the objects that were used for the original map.
WhiteCat has only changed textures, not objects, so you would need to look for the original d/l map, and the objects that it needed.  ;)
as for me, i have all those objects, so no problem for me. ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »

I took a look at the objects pack I downloaded:

I can pm it if it isn't available anymore:

"Infantry MOD", "Mod DLV_Infantry", "MOD TElmo", "Objects Map", along with the static ini changes presented in the objects pack are needed.
IIRC, the only other additional mod was Cal tarmac plates. If this is hard to get, I'm sure I also have it in my modstore folder. I recall all mods available at the post linked above Malone's post and the Tarmac plates being the only one I had to find seperately (already had it in my modstore folder).

Tom

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »

"Infantry MOD", "Mod DLV_Infantry", "MOD TElmo", "Objects Map", along with the static ini changes presented in the objects pack are needed.
IIRC, the only other additional mod was Cal tarmac plates. If this is hard to get, I'm sure I also have it in my modstore folder. I recall all mods available at the post linked above Malone's post and the Tarmac plates being the only one I had to find seperately (already had it in my modstore folder).

Tom

I already found this pack (see editions), thanks anyway. Tarmac Plates are included in UP 2.01. I still have no idea what the heck is this actors_t.static, as well as Malone. I also don't know what is this
"whc_Suribachi_Inv_Post" thing, WhiteCat, do you have any idea?

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »

Tom

I already found this pack (see editions), thanks anyway. Tarmac Plates are included in UP 2.01. I still have no idea what the heck is this actors_t.static, as well as Malone. I also don't know what is this
"whc_Suribachi_Inv_Post" thing, WhiteCat, do you have any idea?

Please ignore the actors_t.static, it was a test and stayed there by mistake. Really is the actors.static of my Iwo Jima repaint. It doesn't do any harm, remember that everything in the map is controlled by the load.ini so if there's anything not called by the load.ini you can delete it.

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »

thanks, hopefully that'll help mati out.
mati, you need to remember, if d/l'ing a retextured map without having the original, it stands to reason that you'll need the objects that were used for the original map.
WhiteCat has only changed textures, not objects, so you would need to look for the original d/l map, and the objects that it needed.  ;)
as for me, i have all those objects, so no problem for me. ;)

Cheers mate for all the help in clarify :)

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »

Well got it installed and started the US fighter campaign that starts with the pearl harbor raid. Changed the MIS folder in the mission to load this map, loaded the mission and started in the water! ;D

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »

Well got it installed and started the US fighter campaign that starts with the pearl harbor raid. Changed the MIS folder in the mission to load this map, loaded the mission and started in the water! ;D

LOL :D That's because this repaint is about the map of Saburo Sakai and Porto72, and NOT the stock map. The dimensions of this map are different, so you can't use stock missions or campaigns made for stock Hawaii map.
Another different thing would be to repaint the stock Hawaii map using the textures from this one... maybe if I have time some day :)

X-Raptor

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »

;) Whitecat I appreciate a lot your work about this map and all your other ones remake,(thank you), but really I don't understand why you don't Have made remake of DEFAUT HAWAII instead?? Stock map is the main reference for Campaigns, SP missions, Online game etc. ;).Cherrs and thank again however.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.